+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Last Word (H) v.s. Mithrios (NH)

Last Word (H) v.s. Mithrios (NH)

Hi,

it's hard for me to make a decision between these two weapons. The proc of Last Word, especially the heroic proc, is hard to rank. I've read the old discussion about the weapon, but do you think there is a bigger difference between the normal and heroic version? On fights like Sindra (hm) i can imagine the proc is sometimes very useful - but on other encounters?

I don't want a clear decision between the weapons (think it's impossible), but some opinions and more reports about experience with the proc would be nice.

greetings mylish and sry for the bad english :>

It's pretty close. Personally, I'd probably use heroic last word. I think the healing proc might be a tad underrated, but it's still not great. Last word has more weapon dps and more stam. Mithrios gives you avoidance where Last word gives you the healing buff. On fights like lich king heroic, the bonus healing will make it easier for you to get topped off in between the huge attacks you take and the buff might come in handy. They both have decent threat stats. Expertise is better overall for threat (and helps with early avoids), but the strength from last word also gives a bit of block value. The overall damage boost from last word's proc is better than the expertise off mithrios. I kinda like the speed on last word as well. Your devastates will hit harder which is nice on tank swap fights, since you won't be able to constantly heroic strike. Helps with cleave dmg also on fights with adds.

I picked up heroic last word last night, after passing on it a few times before. Gonna test it out and see how i like it. One thing I need to test is whether the healing I get from a healthstone or blood draining are affected by the proc. If they are, that's pretty nice. I think both weapons are VERY close in quality, and the higher ilv of last word might just give it a lil edge.

EDIT: After looking over some logs, it doesn't look like it affects healthstone healing. : ( Couldn't really tell with blood draining, but I don't think so. I'd rather it be 115strength and 115defense on proc. Oh well.
    Last edited by Dragaan; 04-08-2010 at 10:09 PM.

I have the same questions.. Basically it boils down to how efficient the healing-proc is. From my experience in heroics the up-time is 100% when hitting something.

On issue for me is that the weapon has 0 defense on it and well I'm actually riding at 540 defense in my T10-kit.

The buff uptime from the non heroic version is as close to 100% as I can tell, and I would be surprised if the heroic version was any different.

This is realted, but which is better for a prot warrior, the NH Last World or the 25 NH from LK?

NH Mithrios. ^
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

The last word proc just doesn't seem to provide a big enough dent in any healers arsenal to make me want to use it over a heroic ICC weapon.

Since I'm planning on running t-10 chest and Pillars through heroic 25m, I couldn't afford to lose the def anyway, and I think the OVERALL EH of the set is better off with this set up then using, for example, the cata chest and t-10legs. haven't really crunched the numbers but again, the LW proc doesn't make me want to crunch them anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Spiff View Post
    The last word proc just doesn't seem to provide a big enough dent in any healers arsenal to make me want to use it over a heroic ICC weapon.

Since I'm planning on running t-10 chest and Pillars through heroic 25m, I couldn't afford to lose the def anyway, and I think the OVERALL EH of the set is better off with this set up then using, for example, the cata chest and t-10legs. haven't really crunched the numbers but again, the LW proc doesn't make me want to crunch them anyway.
    There's no scenario where the t10 legs should be used anyway. Pillars for physical fights, heroic Legguards of Lost Hope for magic fights.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

+ Reply to Thread