+ Reply to Thread

Thread: tanking advice

tanking advice

Hi i posted yesterday and got a lot of helpful advice for my tanking. here I am now after the changes and a couple new pieces. http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n=Massacrejons
    I did voa 25 man last night and I tanked it fine even though the people were doubting me cause of gs. I still need assistance though. I was told to socket more for stam/eh but through my upgrades I am still lacking pure def and barely hitting cap. i did not have time to get 20 def chant to shield that is why i am not at cap right now but will with that chant. I dont take dmg as well as I should or maybe the healers are just not as good as they should be. when i look at my gems and look at available chants it seems they are pretty insignificant. I know i need to put the 20 def gem in hand and get a red gem prolly str and put into belt buckle so i meet the meta reqs. How am I supposed to keep capped and increase life significantly when I seem to be at a lack of attainable upgrades. Is avoidance not worth going for at all and should just go for sta like i see all high end tanks do. I am on a low pop server and most people are not very good but very judgemental so I am trying to get more solid facts then 5800 gs tanks who fail at trial of the champion. is expertese to gloves the best chant for a pally cause i read in another post that it is not good for a pally tank which i dont get unless avoidence is not longer needed for the tank. is 1024 still the mit needed. again what is better then the alch trinket is a good trinket but lack the sta.

You are getting this flack because you are missing A LOT of baseline tanking gear requirements. Put 20 Defense on your shield and that should fix it. You need to fully enchant your gear and gem it properly. To sum it up:

+30 stam to shoulders - 10k honor in SW
    +275 health to chest
    +40 stam to bracers
    +18 stam to gloves (Borean)
    +30 stam gem in gloves
    +55 stam legs
    +22 stam feet OR Tuskarr
    +22 agi cape

That is just the main things that I see. basically stack stamina everwhere possible as long as you keep your meta and +12 stam bonuses. Also make sure you have 540 defense. Any lower and YOU CANNOT TANK PERIOD.

yeh the only reason i dont have 540 right now is cause i just got the shield before i logged and did not have a chance to chant

what about the avoidance vs stam is it just not worth it anymore?

It is all stam there are some Fights Where Avoidance is fine but EH is king and works for everyfight

well thanks that is good to know is there a specific effective health number that is key or is it just a generic term for the more health you have the better.

Aggathon will be posting a guide soon about EH. For now, head over to the Gear & Enchanting section and look for the thread on the first page that is about Stam.
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

To cut it short EH is a combo of armor and stamina. It is rough to describe i hope Agg can keep it clean

well i went and looked at the thread and i understand the purpose of eh and that is my goal. I also want to know if the 102.4 is impossible to get like it says in that post.

Right 102.4 is impossible outside of warrior pally block sets, but that isn't avoidance that's super mitigation really(you would only take damage on hits that "leak" through your block). It is a mechanic that lets warriors solo pre-naxx heroics and even ToC is Block-able through after the first mounted encounter. It is why blizzard is removing blocking of a fixed amount.

Just my 5 cents - I prefer armor on clock over 22 agility.

+ Reply to Thread