+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Some problems picking between items

Some problems picking between items

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...&cn=Salubrious

I recently went from my warrior being my alt to my main char, after farming raids, I've aquired some items but I am unsure which to use.

Firstly, Quell'Serrar (ony 25) or bonebreaking septre from icc 10? I'm above the def cap with no wep so is it worth loosing this awesome proc?

and secondly, I picked up corpse tounge coin today. I was previously using Black Heart and Glyph of indorm. I know as a tank I'm suposed to swap them around per encounter, but the pugger in me doesn't know what to do, loose the stam or gain the gearscore (boo, hiss, /spit etc). Other than that, I can't see a stiuation where corpse tounge would be that useful. My guild is a 10 man one, and we have killed Proff so I should get the Organ trinket soon. if anyone has any advice about trinkets and which encounters to use them in I would be greatful.

Plus any general advice you can give me would be great

To start i very much dislike proc's they can be good or bad it is all random. So that jades my opinion some. The uptime fore Qoell is fine (30%~ in a raid environment) The stats from The bonebreaker are always there in the end after factoring the proc bonenreaker has less EH (this is assuming the proc is up at a rate of 2.66PPM from haste bonuses from a shammy or DK in your group) but, not by much. The Breaker has more Threat (STR DMG and Hit). If it were me i would be using the bonebreaker. As for the coin. I dislike Dodge on teh trinket but, the equip is sick. I haven't been to ICC as a tank only as DPS so i don't know if you really find yourself eating those hits to make it worth while (also is there a ICD for it i cant seem to find any discussion on that) I like Black heart over it as dodge is a RNG that you can lose to. BLack heart also has a decent uptime proccing nearly every time off global (it is up for me for 2-5 hits depending on boss that's hitting me). Also my nit pick NO ROCKET BOOTS COME ON... you level engineering and you dont use it bro? Jk i prefer tuskars over 22 stam you lose7 stam to an 8% movement speed but thats just me.

I'd say go with Bonebreaker for the weapon. It will be a much higher TPS choice then the Quel'Serrar, and as tiny said procs can be unreliable. The speed difference also heavily favors the Bonebreaker Sceptre, though I suppose you could file that under TPS as well.

For the trinket, most tanks (including myself) are very big proponents of EH. The Corpse coin is nice and all (and you can wear it when walking into a pug for your skillscore problem) but the Black Heart and the Glyph of indom are far superior EH items, the latter probably lasting you till you can get a Unidentifiable Organ. The proc on Black Heart is also a very nice touch, and is almost always up.

Hope those answered your questions.

First of all, feel free to create a special gear set for high gear score. Lots of people do it.

Now, For standard trinkets, armor and stamina are the best choices, but there's a cutoff point where avoidance and a good proc becomes better then stamina. I'd be hard pressed to decide where it lays, and I've never been in the position to really choose between those anyway, but I'd take a good look at your hp during raids. If you never go low enough for the heart to matter, yet you do go low enough for the coin to proc, the coin may be the better choice. Buying the stam trinket or getting one from ToC would be even better, though.
    I've long ago decided that weapons don't give enough stats to really worry about. Unless you are fine-tuning for something specific, just go with the higher dps weapon. Armor weapons may be the one exception.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahmal
    ...there is no true progression for a casual anymore, just hand outs.

The Thing is though proccing large amounts of armor on that coin is a guarantee when you drop that low, but upon actually going and looking the trinket up the effect has a 30 second ICD on the tool tip so that's for sure, I know i personally would use essence of gossamer over it but, i hate dodge on trinkets they only get one big stat and i would rather it be spent on stam, which leads me to this. Can you pug 25 ToC? either yourself or getting into a group will work jsut try for a juggernauts.

on my server any totc run you can garuntee that any trinket that drops will be ninjaed, regaurdless.

The only times I've noticed myself drop below 35% by seeing blood draining proc is on marrowgar 25 pugs and festergut 3rd inhale. maybe I'll keep the ctc for those fights.

Being that those fights are mostly physical damage, that is a terrible idea.

Corspe tongue coin isn't a good trinket in terms of survivability, I can't see it being useful in progression content. If you massively outgear content, then go for it. (TotC for example...) Other than that, stick with the Armor/Stam trinket combo.
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

+ Reply to Thread