+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fury - When to gem straight ArP

Fury - When to gem straight ArP

How much ArP do you need from gear before you start gemming straight ArP to get hard capped?

Just because I feel it should be posted: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=Luc%C3%ADus

when your gear supports 100% arp (including the arp gems)

it has been posted please search and the math points ot hovering around 80% being the point where one is no better thna the other

Is it not possible to get a simple number as to the rating i need to get before i can just gem straight arp? This certainly isn't the kind of helpful Tankspot I've come to know.

Well, if you look up ArP, armor penetration, str, and about 100 similar key words you'd be shocked to find how often it's disccussed.

Anyhow, the ideal number to get is 1399, which means 100% arp, as in, no armor on target at all.

That's quite a high armor number, and combined with a ArP proc trinket, say the needle scorp, you can lower it by far, simply by hitting the 'soft cap' - that's when your trinket's proc make you have that much ArP. [If needle scorp is used, which has say 650~ arp bonus when procced, you'd only need 750~ arp]

Short - about at 750 ArP [without trinket's proc] you will be getting about the same result as pure str. Notice that the exact number depends on the amount str you have, so it's really best to play around with data shits.

ArP only really shoots ahead at the very high amounts as said [90%-100% armor reduction] and till then if you're not sure, gemming str can get you to very nice results.

P.S.

Just noticed you're in pvp gear. As far as I know, in pvp it's always best to gem ArP, but I'm no big expert on PvP gearing up... The above said goes for level 80 raids...

Is it not possible to get a simple number as to the rating i need to get before i can just gem straight arp? This certainly isn't the kind of helpful Tankspot I've come to know.
    For one: Sass doesn't go well around here, especially when you have asked a question that has been answered 4 times this week alone.

For two: No, a number is not really applicable, as there are too many variables. Your answer was 80% from gear alone, as a generic answer that is the best you can hope for, as the number of gem slots available to you will change any number you get given. Target is 1399, 80% of that is when you gem ArP.

Tankspot is incredibly helpful, but faster if you use the search function.
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

+ Reply to Thread