+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mutilate Rogue dagger selection

Mutilate Rogue dagger selection

I finally leveled my rogue alt up to 80 and have spent the last fortnight or so trying to gear up on the heroic merry-go-round. I'm running a mutilate spec, and from everything I've read it's suggested that a fast OH dagger is most desirable for PvE due to increased deadly poison procs.

I currently have two Blood Weepers equipped and am running the ICC dungeons daily in the hope that the fast ilvl232 dagger will drop.

While I wait for the Unsharpened Ice Razor to drop, would I be better off grabbing Krick's Beetle Stabber (it's 0.3 secs faster, but has lower dps and is lower ilvl) for the off hand and equipping it, or just sticking with two blood weepers?

My character sheet is here in case that helps:
    Mannowar : Caelestrasz
    I realise there's a lot of other stuff I need to work on too, and I plan on swapping a few of the agility gems for AP/hit.

It would probably be a DPS upgrade to go for a Beetle Stabber, yes.

The only way to be sure that the poison damage outweighs the stat losses (ArP on that Beetle Stabber isn't that great for Mutilate) is to either spreadsheet it, or just try it out for a while.

Quote Originally Posted by dotOrion View Post
    It would probably be a DPS upgrade to go for a Beetle Stabber, yes.

The only way to be sure that the poison damage outweighs the stat losses (ArP on that Beetle Stabber isn't that great for Mutilate) is to either spreadsheet it, or just try it out for a while.
    Thanks for the advice. I'll take a look at a spreadsheet (although I'm simple and they always confuse me!).

+ Reply to Thread