+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Rawr, Haste and proplems

Rawr, Haste and proplems

Hello,

I been lately thinking to reroll on my druid and to make healer.
    Since I dont have quite any experience what comes on WotLK healing.

But my question goes by, Rawr.
    Since I see that haste cap is successful tool on healing, lowering GCD.

So I was wondering, should I forget haste cap and just gem SP / SP+spi / SP+int / int as Rawr claims that some equipments would have higher value if gemmed differendly.

At the moment, I gemmed everything to haste (to gain the cap), and care less of int, spirit, mp5 as other mana regen tools, because.

What I think is. There isnt a single stats that could cover innervate, mana tide totem, hope of hymn, replenishment, buffs, mana potion.. etc over stats. If getting proplems of healing continuously thies buffs overall help on it. That I wont need to rely on getting more mana effective gear than just try maximize my healing.

In this case just wondering which one abilityes I should go on; as Rawr claims (seem its on mana effectivy aswell on overall balance haste/SP/spirit+int), Haste cap or higher SP?

Just incase, linking armory; (notice its a alt, I do have actually raiding experience on tanking and DPSing)
    http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...wn&cn=Paranoir

Haste

From my experience, haste won't do much for you unless your other stats are pretty good. If your mana regen is low, you'll have fast casts, but then you'll run out of mana (oom) and have to stop casting to regen.

While I was learning to heal I gemmed for anything that was low. Now, it's pretty much all Spell Power. My armory is: http://us.wowarmory.com/character-sh...ra&cn=Galurana

My main spells are Regrowth, Rejuv and Nourish. I haven't used Healing Touch in I don't know how long and tranquility might get used once every other month. Maybe.

I use Healbot and Quartz. Healbot is set up to show my HoTs on the bars so I know easily when to recast and don't waste mana. My full spec is set up for both tank and raid healing. I didn't get Nature's Swiftness because when I did have it, I didn't use it. I find Swiftmend works just as well.

The main thing is, to try to keep your stats balanced so you have a nice fast GCD and aren't shorting yourself on mana or spellpower.

Good luck!

Please, get rid of Glyph of Innervate.

Druid base mana at level 80 is 3496 mana.
    45% of that is 1573.2 mana.
    If you use Innervate on every cooldown, 180 seconds, this nets you a absolute maximum gain of 8.74 MP5.

That glyph is a complete waste, you'd get more mana regen out of a single gem (the gem Lustrous Majestic Zircon gains 10 MP5). This bonus is too insignificant to justify using a major glyph.

One part of the reason haste is so valuable in calculations is because they typically account for using Glyph of Rapid Rejuvenation. This glyph significantly increases the value of haste.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Namataya View Post
    From my experience, haste won't do much for you unless your other stats are pretty good. If your mana regen is low, you'll have fast casts, but then you'll run out of mana (oom) and have to stop casting to regen.

While I was learning to heal I gemmed for anything that was low. Now, it's pretty much all Spell Power. My armory is: http://us.wowarmory.com/character-sh...ra&cn=Galurana

My main spells are Regrowth, Rejuv and Nourish. I haven't used Healing Touch in I don't know how long and tranquility might get used once every other month. Maybe.

I use Healbot and Quartz. Healbot is set up to show my HoTs on the bars so I know easily when to recast and don't waste mana. My full spec is set up for both tank and raid healing. I didn't get Nature's Swiftness because when I did have it, I didn't use it. I find Swiftmend works just as well.

The main thing is, to try to keep your stats balanced so you have a nice fast GCD and aren't shorting yourself on mana or spellpower.

Good luck!
    Thanks for sharing this info. This was what I feared and believed that messed me up. So Rawr is something to trust on still.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinafoi View Post
    Please, get rid of Glyph of Innervate.

Druid base mana at level 80 is 3496 mana.
    45% of that is 1573.2 mana.
    If you use Innervate on every cooldown, 180 seconds, this nets you a absolute maximum gain of 8.74 MP5.

That glyph is a complete waste, you'd get more mana regen out of a single gem (the gem Lustrous Majestic Zircon gains 10 MP5). This bonus is too insignificant to justify using a major glyph.

One part of the reason haste is so valuable in calculations is because they typically account for using Glyph of Rapid Rejuvenation. This glyph significantly increases the value of haste.

I do use Glyph of Rapid Rejuvenation, or actually planning to switch it to Rejuvation. I was testing out how much mana it gives and how well it would been worth it.

But I was looking more into my question not how I should glyph or not.
    Last edited by Paranoid; 04-28-2010 at 09:25 AM.

I'm not exactly familar with how rawr measures healing throughput. Largely depends on if it is measuring single target throughput or raid healing throughput.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

You can load "sustained spell profiles:" as doing so I choose Wild Growth and Rejuvation as it sais raid healing.

So you still can choose from what items to get and on what their best used for.

edit/ Thought well now figure the proplem out. Tank healing needs are the haste cap at maxium compaired to raid healing its mostly mana effictive and SP.

The main reason for reaching the haste cap is to lower the GCD of your hots to 1 second. Before the change to Gift of the Earth Mother the cap was considerably lower. There are other benefits though such as faster cast times and the benefit it provides to Glyph of RR. On bosses like BQL, Sindragosa or Dreamwaker you probably would notice the difference in numbers if you dropped a few hundred haste from the cap. I'm running just short of the cap and I can easily hot up 4 groups if I don't break in between to cast a Nourish or Regrowth.

When it comes to spirit I generally don't toss in a Purified Dreadstone unless the bonus is 7 SP or higher. I wouldn't completely ignore spirit gear though in favor of haste/crit gear because when the pre-expansion patch hits you might be suffering on mana. I could be wrong, but it's never been a good idea to gem for intellect. After reaching the haste cap it's spell power all the way unless there's 1 blue socket and a high bonus.

Quote Originally Posted by Paranoid View Post
    I do use Glyph of Rapid Rejuvenation, or actually planning to switch it to Rejuvation. I was testing out how much mana it gives and how well it would been worth it.

But I was looking more into my question not how I should glyph or not.
    There's varying opinions on what exactly are the best glyphs. I have a personal opinion on what I consider mandatory, but there's several staple glyphs. My standard choices for 25 man is Wild Growth, Swiftmend and RR. If there's a boss that requires Rejuv spam I swap out RR for Nourish since there really isn't anything better imo. For 10's it's Swiftmend, RR and Nourish. Wild Growth isn't really worth it in 10's due to the reduced number of targets. I consider RR a must for 10 man because there's no longer a concern about raid coverage from the reduced duration.

Some people don't value the Swiftmend glyph, but I feel that the mana and GCD's it saves makes it worthwhile. If you're primarily raid healing Nourish is okay, but the chances of your target having more than a Rejuv on them isn't that great. From personal experience the most I get out of it is 12% from a Rejuv and WG, or sometimes a lingering Regrowth. Due to the faster casting time I actually prefer Regrowth over Nourish if mana isn't a concern.

Other choices:
    Healing Touch - situational and rarely useful
    Rejuvenation - doesn't generate enough EH to make it worthwhile. When I tested it I'd be lucky to see it do 1% of my EH.
    Regrowth - If my target has a Regrowth already I'd probably use Nourish instead anyway. Personal choice.
    Innervate - What Quin said
    Last edited by bling581; 04-29-2010 at 12:42 PM.

Glyph of Rapid Rejuvenation will only increase your healing throughput if there are a limited number of targets. Tank healing being a very fine example. The glyph does not alter either the healing of the ability or the execution time, so the healing per execution time remains static. Rejuvenation to begin with is one of the best heals a druid has, it has very high healing per execution time. As a result it is a very high priority cast for a druid, since you get more bang for you buck. Lets look at this in a very simplified case.

You have only two spells.
    Rejuvenation
    Healing Touch

Of the two abilities, Rejuvenation is the best. Therefore whenever you can cast it you want to. If you have one target and your Rejuvenation lasts 15 seconds, you can cast it once and then you have to cast Healing Touch repeatedly until your Rejuvenation falls off and then you can recast it. Now if you get the same healing out of Rejuvenation, but it has a duration of 10 seconds, there are fewer Healing Touch (sub-optimal) casts in between your Rejuvenation (optimal) casts. This is how Glyph of Rapid Rejuvenation works. Even though Rejuvenation itself isn't healing for more, you are casting Rejuvenation more often and since it heals for more than the alternative this results in you healing for more in total.

The glyph plays on the natural high effectiveness of the ability, you want to cast Rejuvenation if you can (for a raid healing druid the only higher priority is Wild Growth). However if you cast it on your limited number of targets and then they all have it, you are stuck waiting for it to fall off before renewing it. You aren't really stuck, you probably cast something else inbetween of course but whatever you cast is likely lower in your priority structure than Rejuvenation is.

If you are a raid healer for a 25 man raid, Glyph of Rapid Rejuvenation probably won't benefit you a whole lot as you effectively have more targets than you can possibly apply Rejuvenation to all at once. For a 10 man raid healer it is a little different however, you could apply the buff to 10 people and then be waiting for it to fall off before reapplying it. In this case the Glyph would result in increasing your healing by allowing you to use your stronger ability more often. In a tank healing situation where you only have 1 or 2 targets, this Glyph is ideal.

Not to say this glyph isn't of value in a 25 man raid healing situation. Just because you have more targets in 25 man, doesn't mean all 25 are taking damage. Your true target limit is defined by the number of targets taking damage.

The only boss I would consider it a must in 25 mans is Dreamwalker if you're portal healing. Every single tick of the hasted Rejuv is going to be effective healing so there isn't a good reason not to use it on that encounter. Other than that I personally use it on any boss that lacks a raid wide damage aura or lots of aoe damage and dishes out more concentrated damage. Some examples of this would be Saurfang and Rotface. Most of the raid damage is avoidable and there's a select few that get targeted with abilities like Boiling Blood, Mark of the Fallen and Mutated Infection.

+ Reply to Thread