+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Double armour trinkets

Double armour trinkets

Unless I am interpreting wrong people here seem to advise against double armour trinkets. Is this a general rule of thumb to avoid having to do maths that I can ignore if EH calculations favour the double stam over the available alternatives of arm/stam or stam/stam, or am I missing something much larger?

I use double armor trinkets when tanking lanathel, for other fights armor/stam or double stam is better imo.

You need to switch out your trinkets based on the encounter.
    If you predominatly take magic damage then even a brewfest trinket would beat an armor trinket.

Trinket slots are very flexible. I sometimes even switch in Lavanthors. As I said, it depends on the fight.

SIMON DE MONTFORT, EARL OF LEICESTER
    pioneer of representative government who was
    killed in the Battle of Evesham on 4 August 1265.

As the ICC zone buff increases, and we end up with far more health than we realistically need to survive even the most intense periods of burst damage, you'll probably want to shift the focus of your trinket selection (and probably also your gem choices) away from pure stamina towards a combination of more avoidance/mitigation and more threat generation. The former will make your healers lives a bit easier, while the latter will ensure that you don't start having threat issues as the DPS ramps up.

Its been talked about before, the buff our health is getting doesn't change the stat priorities in ICC. EH will STILL be the best way to gear and gem even when the buff is maxed out. The buff doesn't make RNG avoidance less RNG.

^ What spiff said, H-TLK25 hits for 55k, you'll be stacking EHP for the rest of ICC at LEAST.

Also, like they said it depends on the fight. If it is a raw physical damage fight where you don't have to worry about magic damage and you have two armor trinkets that are more EHP than the stam trinkets you have, then sure use two stam trinkets, but since armor doesn't mitigate magic, stam is the only constant EHP giver, and therefore a lot of fights that have magic will favor stam.

Here is a quick reference:

http://maintankadin.failsafedesign.c...rb_v=viewtopic
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Quote Originally Posted by Spiff View Post
    Its been talked about before, the buff our health is getting doesn't change the stat priorities in ICC.
    That's not exactly true. The buff to health DOES increase the value of armor, as by definition of Effective Health.
    As this thread is about armor vs. stamina trinkets... the value of double armor trinkets in relation to stam/stam oder stam/armor is increasing with the size of the ICC buff.

Exactly, which means that the EHP calculator doesn't change and you still value whichever gives you more EHP, aka the priorities don't change, you just add in a 1.15 to the numerator of the EHP calculation.
    "If the world is something you accept rather than interpret, then you're susceptible to the influence of charismatic idiots." -Neil deGrasee Tyson

That's not exactly true. The buff to health DOES increase the value of armor, as by definition of Effective Health.
    As this thread is about armor vs. stamina trinkets... the value of double armor trinkets in relation to stam/stam oder stam/armor is increasing with the size of the ICC buff.
    I don't see that as correct. They should be linear in value.

If double armor is value x, and stam is value y
    after the 10% buff, armor is value x*1.10*health for EH
    stamina is (1.10*health) * x for EH

They're the same. Yes, each point of armor increases in value as you gain more health, but the rate of change is exactly the same as the rate in which health increases - the mulitplier.

Now, you can make a reasonable argument that health has some breakpoints that you don't care about. You can also make a reasonable argument that because of the buff to healing at the same time, health has some advantages that armor doesn't. But the actual EH value of each should remain a linear relation.

Thanks that was waht I thought but this guide confused me
    So instead of listening to this guid I should just look at the damage source and draw my own conclusion
    http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...5-%28normal%29

The guide was done pre-buff in ICC. It is ALWAYS adviseable to evaluate the damage and make changes based on your own experiences and conclusions.
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

The icc buff would not have affected that list too greatly. I jsut prefer to ask others opinion once in a while before assuming I am correct

That guide is pretty good, but imo its problem is that it just says "armor/stam" not which armor and stam trinkets, because frankly that changes depending on what you have. Read this:

http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...of-trinket-use

You could go for Glyph of Indom + heroic Organ, but I'd still use Juggernaut's over Glyph simply due to the on-use effect being so powerful. Ever since http://www.wowhead.com/item=19341 in BWL, trinkets like this have been a staple and for good reason.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

Quote Originally Posted by Dreador View Post
    You could go for Glyph of Indom + heroic Organ, but I'd still use Juggernaut's over Glyph simply due to the on-use effect being so powerful. Ever since http://www.wowhead.com/item=19341 in BWL, trinkets like this have been a staple and for good reason.
    Also even on pure physical fights Satrina's gives an extra 30 stam worth of EH from the 245 version.

+ Reply to Thread