+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fury - Lost my way on whats next gear wise

Fury - Lost my way on whats next gear wise

Hi All

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...&cn=Frapachino

For some reason i have gotten to this set up and now cannot figure out what to do next. Questions like:

1. What weapon over Claymore as im over hit cap
    2. Shall i get leather badge belt
    3. Shall i get ranged badged weapon
    4. Shall i get badged trinklet and swap WFS
    5. Plus any other advice you feel is relevant

I know it all sounds a bit lame but for some reason my brains seems to have stopped

I do not really have access to heroic or hard modes just yet within guild

Thanks for any advice
    Last edited by Frapachino; 04-27-2010 at 01:47 AM. Reason: Point 5

1. Swap the weapons around. Rama in MH, Claymore in OH. You'll see a nice DPS jump if you do that as the slower weapon should almost always be in the MH. As for which weapon to get, it depends on what you have access too. Shadow's Edge and Crytmaker would be great but Brytroll would be easiest to get.

2. Yes the leather badge belt would be much better for you as you are over the hit cap and can then change some of your ArP gems to strength ones.

3. Yes the Shrapnal star is better but only if you don't need the ArP or Expertise which as your gear stands at the moment you don't.

4. No WFS is BiS non heroic trinket. Keep the 2 you have now unless you can get a HrC DV or WFS.

50 AP on Bracers
    Cat's Swiftness on boots
    Use the nightmare tear in the blue socket of the boots and a 20 str gem where the nightmare tear is now - that's another 6 free str for you.
    Drop your ArP to 1360 and eat ArP food. This is so you can use 10 Str / 10 Crit gems in yellow sockets.

Thanks Racetrack

According to the spreadsheet froms EJ's this will increase my DPS by 280 - thank you

However it is lowered by the Cats swiftness - what the reasoning by using this enchant?

It's hard to calculate the DPS bonus you get from having 8% faster run speed... but on any fight with movement (putricide, dreamwalker, deathwhisper etc etc) getting to your target 8% faster is going to be a DPS increase. Also, getting out of fire/bad stuff 8% sooner is also a way to help the healers and the raid. Right now I'm using Icewalker to stay hit capped, but w/ a hit upgrade on a different piece of gear I would swap back to Cat's Swiftness.

So if im running then intercepting as soon as available on The Prof to get to those slimes does my Intercept increase by 8% as well?

No, it only buffs run speed.

It's up to you if you want the extra 8% run speed, some people swear by it, others prefer Icewalker or 44 AP.

I am one of those who swear by run speed boot enchants, if you are wise to use it it a big dps increase on movement heavy fights and there are plenty of them.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/character/zuljin/gabbu/advanced

As Skyborn said, the benefits of 8% speed are just too good to pass up for any raider. Look at ICC, almost every fight requires movement and LOTS of it. Moving out of "bad stuff" quicker makes life easier on the healers. Moving to adds quicker gives you more time to DPS them and get back to the boss and thus increases your DPS. And all you loose is either 12 hit/12 crit or 32 AP. Almost nothing at ICC gear levels.

For a long time i stubbornly refused to believe this, i liked seeing an extra 32 AP on my character sheet but i finally relented and tried it and i can't imagine going back. Recently we've insisted on everyone in our guild using a speed enchant (8% speed and 6 Agility for melee and 8% speed and 15 stamina for tanks, casters and healers) and it's had a very positive effect on performance and almost unanimous agreement that it was the right thing to do. Try it out, you have nothing to loose.

+ Reply to Thread