+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Warrior needs help with his DPS

Warrior needs help with his DPS

Hey guys. Gonna go straight to the point:
    I'm having problems with my DPS. I'm fury spec with 5.3k gs (i know GS doesn't mean anything but i saying this until i upload my armory link as a reference). The problem is i cant get past 5.5k single target dps in raids, and thats when im rly on fire. Most times im sitting at 4-4.5k. I may be wrong here but i believe that with my gear i should be doing way more than 4k. Things that i've noticed are that i can't really keep my rotation properly with slam and heroic strike. Some times im rage starved cause of HS spam, sometimes i use slam when i should use WW instead etc. I also never rend (although i spec to it...) cause im afraid its gonna mess up the whole rotation if i change stances. Anyway, still with those mistakes i keep attacking almost every GCD but still my dps won't go up. Im gonna fraps a video when i get the chance and gonna upload it so that you can see how im actually playing.

Armory link: http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...ecutus&cn=Veox
    Last edited by jokeaccount; 04-26-2010 at 09:01 AM.

1) Don't rend.

2) Don't 'spam' Heroic Strike. You 'use' Heroic Strike, and stop using it based on incoming rage. Use your bloodrage ability as a cooldown if you go through a rage 'dry' patch, but try to manage your rage better. 'Spam' is mindless, don't do it.

3) Go beat on a target dummy to get your rotation down.

4) Can't check armory, but I'm sure someone else will be able to and help you out there.
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

Mellvar has really good advice.

I took a look at your armory, you're in PVP spec and gear. I'll try and check back later hopefully you'll be in PVE gear.

#1 one thing for your DPS is to make sure you as close to 164 hit w/o going under and as close to 26 expertise without going over. Then make sure everythings gemmed / enchanted correctly and then we need to look at your rotation.

Are you only using Slam when it's an instant proc or are you "Casting" it?

Sh*t i forgot to log out in PVE gear -_-. Anyway now it should be ok if anyone checks this. Some specifics: I have ALOT of hit rating from my gear. im standing at 387 and ive also specced precision which gives another useless 3%. I can possibly change my T9 head and gauntlets which give hit rating to the T10 and go down to 280 or smth. I will also remove the points from precision since they seem useless with so much hit. As for my rotation, i know how it works (have seen TheGreatMe's videos) and im getting it down to the target dummies. Tried again today with 5 sunders BS and rend i was standing at 3.5k dps at the heroic dummy. No i don't cast Slam i only use it when it procs and i dont spam HS but use it when i have more than 50 rage.

Anyone else have an opinion? I got down my rotation right now and got up to 6.5k in toravon. Much better tbh. Now im trying to make some optimal gear changes especially with my insane hit rating : /. Ill probably remove precision and change some pieces of gear for now.

Don't drop precision that is just stupid drop the grim toll and get better trinket like NES (Needle Encrusted Scorpion) and try to get ArP softcap with gear and gems (721 rating that is). You have 551 so 170 left if you replace Bloodshed Band for Dexterous Brightstone Ring brings your hitrating down and ArP up. You have 120 ArP left so 6 ArP 20 gems and you are softcapped. Replace your current metagem for Relentless Earthsiege Diamond and get rid of that hit rating gem and put a Nightmare Tear in your chest. You are also a little under expertise cap.
    Last edited by DarkraveR; 04-28-2010 at 05:41 AM.

arg hadnt thought about the ring tbh. Nice tip. Will change the meta too. About NES, isnt that trinket worse than GT since it procs only on critical strikes?

If you need the hit, which you don't, GT would be better. But since you're so far over hit cap, NES would be a considerable upgrade for you. The crit on it is really really nice, and even though the ArP only procs on crit, I was still seeing something around 17% uptime when I was using it... which isn't terrible.

+ Reply to Thread