+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Shield Comparison

Shield Comparison

Currently I am using http://www.wowhead.com/item=47910 with a 51 stam gem and 20 defense rating enchant. I recently acquired http://www.wowhead.com/item=50794. Should I go with the Neverending winter or stay with my Aegis of the Colliseum?

Lets compare;

Changing to the 251 gains you;

527 Armour
    29 strength
    10 Defence
    6 parry
    37 block rating

Changing to the 251 looses you;

37 stam
    87 block value

Personally, yes ICC loves tanks to stack armor, with the extra def on new shield u can move to 18 stam on shield and cut the stamina reduction to 19.

He's not loosing 37 stamina when switching to the new shield since he can put the free +51 stamina jewelcrafting gem into another item. You only calculate the lost gem slot as 30 stamina (+6 for the socket bonus)

So the overall decision is 16 stamina vs. 527 armor. Neverending Winter is the clear winner here.

Quote Originally Posted by Eternal Dragon View Post
    He's not loosing 37 stamina when switching to the new shield since he can put the free +51 stamina jewelcrafting gem into another item. You only calculate the lost gem slot as 30 stamina (+6 for the socket bonus)

So the overall decision is 16 stamina vs. 527 armor. Neverending Winter is the clear winner here.
    ^
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

Thank you a lot guys! I wasn't sure what was best because, as most tanks, I love stamina and sockets. So again, thank you for the overall decision.

Quote Originally Posted by Striked View Post
    Thank you a lot guys! I wasn't sure what was best because, as most tanks, I love stamina and sockets. So again, thank you for the overall decision.
    If you get someone in your run who's killed Lich King, you can set gunship to heroic, it's almost exactly the same as the normal mode fight. Then you get your socket bonus!

That's what I did. Neverending Winter becomes even more awesome and it is purple in hue. I'd argue it is BIS until you get to the 25 man heroics. It does beat the drops in 25man normal and is easier to get.
    Gunboat10/h is not hard.

SIMON DE MONTFORT, EARL OF LEICESTER
    pioneer of representative government who was
    killed in the Battle of Evesham on 4 August 1265.

Quote Originally Posted by Mačl View Post
    I'd argue it is BIS until you get to the 25 man heroics. It does beat the drops in 25man normal and is easier to get.
    It is BiS until heroic Icecrown Glacial Wall, as long as you don't count the PvP shield, which is better by a long shot.

+ Reply to Thread