+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Icecrown Lich King Hard

With the 30% buff is Aura mastery as needed as the stun?

Just worth considerng.

@winkle: yes it is needed.

regarding valk stuns:

In order to meet the DPS check, you will need absolutely maximized stun time on all of them, and they need to remain in cleave range of each other. Ideally, this means every wave needs an assigned Hammer of Justice for each valk. This is YET ANOTHER reason why you bring 5 paladins. The prot paladin will be speced for reduced CD HoJ and can get every wave of valks himself, and the two holy paladins and two ret paladins will each pair up and alternate getting one Valk every other wave. The reason you use HoJ is that it is the longest stun in the game that can be instantly applied when all the valks are all stacked together when they first land and are in cleave range. Kidney Shot, the other stun of the same length, requires too long a ramp up time to reach full duration, and should instead be used as the secondary stun on each valk following the HoJ expiring. Note that the paragon comp, in addition to having the 5 paladins, has 3 rogues. This means that each valk wave looked like this:
    Valk 1 (HoJ from prot pally -> Kidney Shot from Rogue 1)
    Valk 2 (Hoj from holy pally 1 or 2 -> Kidney Shot from Rogue 2)
    Valk 3 (HoJ from ret pally 1 or 2 -> Kidney Shot from Rogue 3)
    The final stun after the kidney shots all expire would be a simple holy wrath from one of the ret paladins.
    Best way to do it imo.

I am hoping for a little help on this with 25-man. Our raid is currently wiping a lot in phase 1 due to our add tank dying. We have a bear and a DK tank, originally the DK was on LK and our Bear had adds, but they switched it up and we still tend to get splats when we have two shamblers up. We only have one hunter, so dispeling every enrage is impossible. We tend to lose them right before our transition to phase 2. We do have cooldowns popped on the offtank, but it seems they still get oneshot sometimes.

This is really preventing a lot of our time to work on progression in phase 2, which we are actually doing better at when we get there, but we can't get there consistently. Is the ghoul tank strat recommended to take some stress off our add tank?

Quote Originally Posted by Emmering View Post
    We only have one hunter, so dispeling every enrage is impossible.
    then use a rogue and tell the hunter to just focus on DPS

we just got this kill with no hunter, no blood lust, no ret/prot paladin. for the enrages, we had myself (warrior tank) and our fury warrior, just stun the adds whenever they got enraged. LK casts so much, i can freely charge/intercept/shockwave/concblow the enraged adds once my fury runs out of stuns, and still reposition back to LK before he even moves.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Hi everyone,

First of all, I wanna thank you for you guides which are very helpful and very well detailed.
    However I got 3 questions about the litch king hard mode version :
    - In phase 2, when the valkyr drop the player and start a life siphon on player, do we have to kill the valkyr? If not, I guess the valkyrs disapear in transition phase 2?
    - Does the Warlock "teleportation" (sorry, dunno the english name for that spell) still work with valkyrs?
    - In phase 3, when the whole raid get teleported into the throne room, does the trash mob (in normal version) is still there? Or we only have to manage with vile spirits and bombs?

Thanks in advance if you can answer those little detailed precisions

Quote Originally Posted by joeluck View Post
    Hi everyone,

First of all, I wanna thank you for you guides which are very helpful and very well detailed.
    However I got 3 questions about the litch king hard mode version :
    - In phase 2, when the valkyr drop the player and start a life siphon on player, do we have to kill the valkyr? If not, I guess the valkyrs disapear in transition phase 2?
    - Does the Warlock "teleportation" (sorry, dunno the english name for that spell) still work with valkyrs?
    - In phase 3, when the whole raid get teleported into the throne room, does the trash mob (in normal version) is still there? Or we only have to manage with vile spirits and bombs?

Thanks in advance if you can answer those little detailed precisions
    You don't have to kill the Valkyrs - to be exact, you shouldn't dps them at all once they're at 50% hp.

The Warlock Teleport still works just fine. It's especially great to have a Warlock picked on the 2nd and 5th (?) Valkyrs as that's where the Valkyr -> Defile timer is really tight.

During the Frostmourne Room all you have to do is survive the Wicked Spirits (by killing them before they reach you) while avoiding the dropping bombs. Instead of having to kill the mob fighting Menethil you have to kill Wicked Spirits.

Hope that clarifies your questions.

Thanks for your quick answer. This is exactly the informations I needed.
    We're gonna raid tonight with my guild, I hope we'll success to kill him

Am I seeing this right? The add tank is ONLY holding the Shambling Horror? I do not see any ghouls on the off tank. or am I missing them somehow? And what is the reason for this? Is it to make sure the plague only has the option of jumping to the horror? In my normal LK fights I usually end up tanking all the ghouls as well as the horror and it stacks the plague up really fast. This way seems like the plague will stack not as fast meaning the horror is up longer. Correct me if I am wrong.

+ Reply to Thread