+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Icecrown Lich King Hard

How did you get infest to show up as a debuff on grid? Is it another addon?

Great movie. Gratz on the kill.

How often would your Holy Paladin Sac/AM inside the throne room? Also from what I've read and seen before, I know that once you're out of the throne room you must give your tank a cool down. So, would the paladin use HoS (Hand of Sacrifice) on the tank, and then Divine Sacrifice/Aura Mastery in the throne room? Or would he Use the Divine Sac/Guardian as another tank cool down when coming out?

Thanks and congrats!

-Laere

Can you 3 heal it feasibly on 10man if you have shadowmourne and 277 raid gear? our raid comp doesn't have a holy paladin and our group is pretty tight knit, we want to 3 heal it (disc priest + holy priest + resto druid) and not have to get some holy paladin to mess up our comp.

we can probably compensate by having all 3 of our healers have 100% uptime shadow word pain/plague/moonfire if it helps.

Dunno if we should try it now or just wait 3 weeks later when the 20% buff will definitely allow us to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by gacktt View Post
    Can you 3 heal it feasibly on 10man if you have shadowmourne and 277 raid gear? our raid comp doesn't have a holy paladin and our group is pretty tight knit, we want to 3 heal it (disc priest + holy priest + resto druid) and not have to get some holy paladin to mess up our comp.

we can probably compensate by having all 3 of our healers have 100% uptime shadow word pain/plague/moonfire if it helps.

Dunno if we should try it now or just wait 3 weeks later when the 20% buff will definitely allow us to do it.
    we tried this the other night, did not go well. Our sustained phase 1 DPS was fine (still only got 2 shamblers) but the third raging spawned just as we killed the first one. normally the second one is almost dead when the third one spawns. Dont think it is doable with 3 healers until 20%

I'll post this question here since most guilds these days are probably working on hard modes.

When tanking the shambling horrors, do you stun them when they're casting the enraged shockwave? Or after?

Quote Originally Posted by Aliena View Post
    Why give yourself the headache? Any combination other than priest & pally relies on "what ifs" & a lot of luck, which just leads to frustration. That fight wasn't meant to be beaten by anything less than a stacked team until the ICC buff stacks high. I assume as we move up the % ranks we'll see a lot more kills by different setups.
    So much for "Bring the player, not the class?" :-/

Quote Originally Posted by gundecker View Post
    I'll post this question here since most guilds these days are probably working on hard modes.

When tanking the shambling horrors, do you stun them when they're casting the enraged shockwave? Or after?
    Interrupting the enrage cast will merely delay it until the interrupt wears off at which time the horror will re-cast enrage.

~

Does anyone have a counter for when the disease takes the horror down to below 20%, then switches mobs leaving 1 horror frenzied, then taking the 2nd horror down from high hp down and then having to deal with 2 frenzied and 1 enraged horror in p1 10 man?

It happens often in my 10's and blowing cd's reactively does not cut the cake however mindlessly blowing cd's in anticipation is not reliable and is very often wasted when running a 2 healer comp.

I am a prot warrior and conc/shockwave each enrage. We run 1 hunter which we find sufficient as should there be two horrors up, I will always be able to stun one/he will tranq the other.
    Last edited by Vincienzo; 05-21-2010 at 09:28 AM.

So out of the last 15 attempts I've had tonight on LK 10 HM, 3 of them have ended up with us transitioning into P2 with a Shambling Horror still up and in one instance having that Shambling Horror Frenzied for the entire transition phase. I am taunting every single ghoul that spawns and yet lovely RNG deems it fit not to have the Horror dead by phase 2.

Quote Originally Posted by Vincienzo View Post
    Does anyone have a counter for when the disease takes the horror down to below 20%, then switches mobs leaving 1 horror frenzied, then taking the 2nd horror down from high hp down and then having to deal with 2 frenzied and 1 enraged horror in p1 10 man?
    Frenzy occurs after a given time interval, not percentage based.

Quote Originally Posted by Vincienzo View Post
    I am taunting every single ghoul that spawns and yet lovely RNG deems it fit not to have the Horror dead by phase 2.
    Big mistake there. You only want to taunt ghouls until you have just enough for 2 Shamblers. When the second Shambler gets to you, you want all ghouls to be far away from you. Usually this means you only taunt 6-7 ghouls total. Any more than that and you're putting it in the hands of RNG.

Can you define "just enough for 2 Shamblers?"

We're having trouble with an adequate stun rotation on heroic Lich King in the 25man, to the point where if a warlock doesn't get picked up, we're probably going to lose someone. We're consistently dealing with defile and I feel like this is our last little break to getting a kill. Our previous method, used on regular LK, was just Holy Wrath x3, but that's proving to be vastly insufficient. Most of the time, we're getting VERY close to killing them (~60%). We're seriously considering a switch to using Hammer of Justice and such, especially since 1 Hammer gives us more stun time before DR than all three holy wraths combined.

My question is this: how do you deal with hammer's cooldown without going up the protection tree? It seems you're forced to chose between Aura Mastery and Improved Hammer of Justice, which means paladins can only stun every other wave with their minute cooldown. With only 4 paladins in the raid, this doesn't seem like the best idea.

Any tips appreciated!

Questions..

What are you using for tank? It is hard to tell from the vid - i see a pally on the horrors but acnt see what you using on LK.

What are your dps pulling in numbers? (avarage) Are you in only 10man heroic gear? or are you doing it in full 25man heroic gear?

We are currently working on it our selves, but we have trouble with the numbers i think. We are purely doing 10man content, but some of our dps have some 25man normal gear due to pugging.

- Metro of Seradane

it's a druid.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Can pets detonate the vile spirits in phase 3?

I have to respectfully disagree when you say paladins are almost useless in the throne room, by making a quick switch of librams a paladin can be a very effective healer on the run by making use of Holy Shocks/FoL as anyone who has ever pvp'd on a holy would know.

Hello, Last night we spend 40 attepts on LK heroic p1.

Every thing is fine to 80%, but when the second Horror spawn, we have problems with the horror tank.
    Our healers setup is Holy pal (me) and disc priest. The priest try to put 10% less dmg on the tanks all the time. in the end of p1 i nonstop spam Holy lights wih CD and still the tank die in second from fast hits 50k. Both tanks are 75k buffed.

The war tank on Horrors try to stun him on enrage.

Please tell me some tips how to control this. On the movie i see the horror die before p1.5 .

Any tip

Quote Originally Posted by Blacksen View Post
    We're having trouble with an adequate stun rotation on heroic Lich King in the 25man, to the point where if a warlock doesn't get picked up, we're probably going to lose someone. We're consistently dealing with defile and I feel like this is our last little break to getting a kill. Our previous method, used on regular LK, was just Holy Wrath x3, but that's proving to be vastly insufficient. Most of the time, we're getting VERY close to killing them (~60%). We're seriously considering a switch to using Hammer of Justice and such, especially since 1 Hammer gives us more stun time before DR than all three holy wraths combined.

My question is this: how do you deal with hammer's cooldown without going up the protection tree? It seems you're forced to chose between Aura Mastery and Improved Hammer of Justice, which means paladins can only stun every other wave with their minute cooldown. With only 4 paladins in the raid, this doesn't seem like the best idea.

Any tips appreciated!
    You can definitely use hammer, though I've always done it as a prot warrior and opened up with shockwave, which is one of the best group stuns to utilize and then we followed that up with individual stuns 1 time. Our third and final stun would come towards the end if they were close to the edge. The initial 2 stuns are the most important to take advantage of aoe/cleaves.

Quote Originally Posted by Pripadnal View Post
    Hello, Last night we spend 40 attepts on LK heroic p1.

Every thing is fine to 80%, but when the second Horror spawn, we have problems with the horror tank.
    Our healers setup is Holy pal (me) and disc priest. The priest try to put 10% less dmg on the tanks all the time. in the end of p1 i nonstop spam Holy lights wih CD and still the tank die in second from fast hits 50k. Both tanks are 75k buffed.

The war tank on Horrors try to stun him on enrage.

Please tell me some tips how to control this. On the movie i see the horror die before p1.5 .

Any tip
    If dps is good then of course you will only get 2 shamblers before the transition. If you are getting adequate stacks before the second shambler spawns you should only have a short time to deal with both adds being up at the same time. As soon as the second add spawns and is about to enrage then the tank should start using cd's. At the very least his own cd's should last long enough for the first shambler to die and he will be relatively safe, in the occassions where the first shambler is up a little longer they will have to call for an external cd. Other than that, I have never had any problems on the shambers once we got the cd's timed properly and had healer cd's ready to go as mine were falling off as needed.

Could someone explaine how frostmourne phase works exactly?
    1) The bombs seem to spawn everywhere, not only above players I think?
    2) Will the wicked spirits start to fly towards the raid, or will they stay in the air?
    3) Do the wicked spirits respawn, while the raid is in the room? After how many seconds do they respawn?

1) they only seem to be spawning everywhere at the beginning of the phase due to people entering the room all over, so the easiest way to do this is to collapse into the middle, and have 1 person designated (marked) to be the leader and shortly after dodging the bombs, you'll notice they start dropping behind you constantly (due to stacking)

2)vile spirits while IN the throne room don't seem to descend, but the more you have up when the throne room ends means more of them that WILL descend outside of the throne room which means having your OT blowing up more of them. More you kill the better.

3) I don't believe they respawn.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

+ Reply to Thread