+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Warrior T10 4P and using Bloodrage

Warrior T10 4P and using Bloodrage

Just about to pickup the helm and be able to use the 4P bonus of T10. Problem is that I am not sure how I should use it.
    Do you pop Bloodrage every time its up to help with incoming damage reduction or do you use it as a CD on an as required basis.
    Since it works out to be around about a 10k damage absorption (give or take) I would guess that waiting and using it as a CD would be the preferred option.
    Experiences and opinions appreciated.

If you look at what it says on the tooltip for the 4pc thing, it lasts until canceled. So basically either you can click off the buff it gives after popping bloodrage or go get hit for the amount of damage.

Nah, it definitely has a duration.

Just pop it before big hits as you would with other CDs.

I now have T10 4P and have checked the bloodrage proc. It only lasts 10 sec ........ not "until cancelled" as the tooltip suggests. Very misleading tooltip IMO.
    Looks like it will be just used when needed as a normal CD.

From my own experience with it, I find it really depend on the fight you are tanking atm.
    On a fight like Deathbringer, when you do not take any huge amount of spiky damage I find it best to simply use it every time it is up.
    On a fight like Sindragosa where you can know when you going to take a big bad breath I normally save it for that moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Steakdinner View Post
    If you look at what it says on the tooltip for the 4pc thing, it lasts until canceled. So basically either you can click off the buff it gives after popping bloodrage or go get hit for the amount of damage.
    Clicking it off has no positive benefit afaik, didn't they patch in a change that made absorbs still grant rage?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

I use it whenever there is a phase in a boss fight that could catch our healers off guard.

For example, I'll use it as soon as BQL lands after her air phases. It'll buy the healers an extra second or two while they're repositioning from the fears and spreading out and all that jazz.

I also try to use it whenever there is tank switching(Saurfang, Putricide, etc.)and I'm taunting. That absorb will buy the healers an extra second or two while they change their heal targets.

And obviously it helps a lot for fights where there are big predictable bursts like Sindy's frost breath, although I use FR gear in that fight so I don't have access to the absorb anymore.

I use it at the beginning of a right just for rage generation. And after that I use it as a cooldown, I have it Macroed with Corroded Skeleton Key for a little extra absorption.

I save it for anything that hits hard such as Sindragosa's Frostbreath, at around 62khp (15% buff from ICC) the 4 pc bonus absorbs about 12k dmg for me, it doubles if a priest bubbles me

For a fight like DBS, I like to save my bloodrage for the taunt swaps (you should also save your shield block cooldowns for that as well very useful in reducing damage).

Juggernaut's Vitality + Nightmare Seed + Last Stand and after that Blood Rage -> Big Absorb

But usally Last Stand is enough for a OH SHIT moment. Stacking these CDs is maybe a bit of an overkill and using them one by one might be better. But just in case....

May I ask what are we replacing the Bloodrage glyph with when we get the fourth piece?

There aren't many options, depending on what you have you could get the other shout glyph, Barbaric Insults, etc. Minor glyphs aren't particularly impactful ones.
    The (Old) Book on Death Knight Tanking
    The New Testament on Death Knight Tanking
    -----------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Horacio View Post
    Who f-ing divided by zero?!?

isn't the tclap range one a minor? that'd be a good one to have, I find it helps in aoe situations or if you're like me and trying to get heroic LDW 25 and using premo's kiting strategy, the 2 yards will be huge.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeyonoma View Post
    isn't the tclap range one a minor? that'd be a good one to have, I find it helps in aoe situations or if you're like me and trying to get heroic LDW 25 and using premo's kiting strategy, the 2 yards will be huge.
    The kiting strategy seems really overly complex to me, especially with the high damage buffs now.
    Had success with it yet?

unfortunately no, best attempt is 31% as of yesterday, and since i only raid part time, the strategy really only works when i'm around. We're not failing on the kiting though, people are just dying to ghosts it seems, that and even with 15% we were a little behind on the berserk timer (took too long in phase 1 because we had an extra set or two of adds spawn while we were trying to clean up existing re-animateds). we should get it soon though. Any tips? haha.

I think we need to make sure those aoe frostbolts don't fly out, occasionally they're getting uninterrupted and it's putting excess burden on the healers if a ghost does land, not to mention it slows the melee so they can't kite the ghosts once they get slowed.

I think we need to make sure those aoe frostbolts don't fly out, occasionally they're getting uninterrupted and it's putting excess burden on the healers if a ghost does land, not to mention it slows the melee so they can't kite the ghosts once they get slowed.
    Bit off-topic but you can't interrupt Frostbolt Volley (which deals damage to the whole raid). You CAN interrupt the direct damage Frostbolt on the tank.

The Chill effect of Frostbolt Volley can be dispelled though, so might be worth assigning at least one Mass Dispell to melee pile in case of unfortunate ghosts... not to mention a dedicated dispeller on the Fanatic kiter should you take that approach.

yeah, realized that after posting it, unfortunately we lost our disc priest so unless we force one of our holy's into disc, we're kind of out of luck, (guess we could have a weird holy spec spec'd into faster mass dispel?). Have to give that a try.

I rarely need dispels as the kiter though, occasionally a HoF is all i need and we have the positioning down for that already, but generally i just use intervene to get out of it.

Love the Strategy, the Vid was amazing and shows what skill Xav has. But why you donīt use the normal Strat?

Quote Originally Posted by Osamne View Post
    Love the Strategy, the Vid was amazing and shows what skill Xav has. But why you donīt use the normal Strat?
    Kiting is extraordinarily easier for some people.
    And if you have bad DPS, kiting is the simplest way to counter it.

Then again we do it in my guild just so the OT has something more exciting to do >.>
    "Upon an order we plead, with the lure of a song, a sacred song, to the moon and the stars. An illusionary light is here placed."

Because it allows for more dps time on the boss so it just makes more sense to me and my guild since the enrage timer is still something we're fighting. Also it gives me something challenging to do =P

+ Reply to Thread