+ Reply to Thread

Thread: BiS looking for feedback

BiS looking for feedback

Recently my guild has started making wishlists for loot, we use a loot council and it has worked thus far, but the wish lists should make it easier to distribute loot. Anyways as a prot warrior/tank I find it very hard to pick an actual BiS set up. I decided that this set up would be something I would wear a majority of the time. I already have the blue gear, I feel akward posting something like this with my current amount of gear. But I am really curious as to peoples positions on the 4 pc, I feel like altering this set up and just maintaining 2 pc for fights such as Heroic Lich King, but I feel like 4pc could be potentially necessary to maintain enough cooldowns to survive soul reapers. The 4pc proc is only really good at helping you live through large hits, being it a 20% hp absorb. Basically what I am asking is, if anyone out here has experience on the heroic lich king fight, or has crunched the numbers approaching that fight, should I keep 4 pc or instead go 2 piece and keep the extra 2 sockets that the nearly equivalent off set pieces provide?

This set up puts me at soft exp cap, just about hit cap, and pretty close to max EH. It appears like having those 4 tier pieces + offset helm is optimal in that respect. Primarily this was for sindraggosa since she parry hastes and theres a good amount of taunting. When I made this list I also thought about the adds on lich king, threat is still very important and being able to build it quickly by having hit cap/ soft exp cap would help alot.

The other question is how this changes with the stacking raid buff, as my hp grows more ridiculous each week, is 500-600 health really worth dropping the 4pc? Especially since as overall health grows it absorbs more. I know this is an issue of a cd/ overall survivability but I would like to hear peoples thoughts on it.

Is there anything you guys would change? I know this is a change from one level of content to a much higher one, but I know that there are tanks here that know there stuff regardless, and I am sure other tanks in my position that are preparing for a fight that few have successfully completed.

I know there is no 1 BiS gear set up, I have other pieces, I change trinkets around depending the fight, but again this was mostly with lich king in mind.

Head: Broken Ram Skull Helm (277) Death Whisper
    Neck: Bile-encrusted Medallion (277) Rotface
    Shoulders: 277 tier
    Cloak: Sentinel's Winter Cloak (264) Badges
    Chest: 277 tier chest
    Bracers: Gargoyle Spit Bracers (264) Saurfang
    MH: Mithrios, Bronzebeard's Legacy (284) Lich King
    Shield: Icecrown Glacial Wall (277) Blood Queen Lana'thel
    RANGED: Dreamhunter's Carabine (264) Valithria Dreamwalker
    Gloves: 277 tier
    Belt: Verdigris Chain Belt (264) Badges
    Legs: 277 tier legs
    Boots: Grinning Skull Greatboots (277) Valithria Dreamwalker
    Ring1: Ashen Band of Endless Courage (277) Reputation
    Ring2: Devium's Eternally Cold Ring (277) Valithria Dreamwalker
    Trinket1: Unidentified Organ (264) Putricide
    Trinket2: Sindragosa's Flawless Fang (277) Sindraggosa

One last thing I am considering in the ring choice, the ashen band is questionable, I feel like herioc juggernaut band could be better EH wise, but the hit rating was nice putting me at cap. I would like to mention that I would be offtanking the fight in all likelyhood, making add tanking even important for me, however I will be taunting boss at times when I am not add tanking, so I will have to be able to survive his hits as well.

Somebody just please let me know what you think, call me retarded if you will but if I don't just submit this thread already I will keep arguing with myself while making it.

277 tier helm + Pillars of Might for EH fights and 277 Legguards of Lost Hope for spell damage fights would be a better choice. Same with with the organ, you can use a stam trinket for the fights that have more magic damage elements. Bracers are interchangeable with the 277 Bracers of Dark Reckoning off heroic Marrowgar for the same reasons. Otherwise you are on the right track IMO. As far as the ring question it's up to preference. For some fights you might want the Devium's plus Heroic Band of the Twin Valks, or Devium's plus Ashen. Personally I think Ashen is slightly better than Jugg's because it has the same hp, and decent armor proc. I know the proc is somewhat infrequent, but what do you trade for it? A small amount of parry?
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

Aye I have the 277 legguards of Lost Hope, I was using those for sindraggosa but then I was told she parry hastes so I needed exp soft cap. I wanted to try to maintain 4 pc for that fight as well, because the cooldown could save me from a frost breath if anything went wrong with tank swaps. I figured an extra cd for that fight was a big help. Thats why I resorted to 4 pc + helm, I only recently recieved 277 Broken Ram Skull. As for the bracers they have never dropped or I would wear them for magic heavy fights, however with my hp already being high, I prefer the armor given from gargoyle bracers on almost every fight. The ring is as I thought, I don't have the heroic twin valk ring, but I do have the ony one for sindraggosa. If I can get the band id start using it on alot of fights. I did not get the pillars of might however, at the time they would have costed me alot and all saronites were going towards shadow mourne axes. Also I got the Legguards of Lost Hope that week and was using them so I didn't feel the need to pick up the pillars anymore. I suppose I should reconsider, perhaps wear pillars/lost hope for lich when we get there with tier helm and on sindraggosa wear 4 pc with broken ram skull to avoid parry haste. Regardless I already have both legs and helm, and the pillars are a simple craft if needed. I would get tier 277 legs/helm last regardless since I think thats the only piece I might swap around. However would you ever drop 4 pcs and just wear 2 pc + 3 offset pieces of 277? Or do you find the set bonus valuable enough to lose the 600 or so stam trade off ?

The 4pc 277 bonus is no doubt worth it since they all give bonus armor which gives them more EH than their competing 277 pieces to begin with.

Also in a pure physical fight the Gargoyle Spit Bracers are much better compared to the 277 ones, for 43 stamina worth of EH all you lose is some parry and a tiny bit of dodge and defense. It is going to take about 60% magic damage that kills you to make the Bracers of Dark Reckoning which only happens on Sindragosa or LK between the bosses when the tank can die.

Quote Originally Posted by ironsides View Post
    Aye I have the 277 legguards of Lost Hope, I was using those for sindraggosa but then I was told she parry hastes so I needed exp soft cap. I wanted to try to maintain 4 pc for that fight as well, because the cooldown could save me from a frost breath if anything went wrong with tank swaps. I figured an extra cd for that fight was a big help. Thats why I resorted to 4 pc + helm, I only recently recieved 277 Broken Ram Skull. As for the bracers they have never dropped or I would wear them for magic heavy fights, however with my hp already being high, I prefer the armor given from gargoyle bracers on almost every fight. The ring is as I thought, I don't have the heroic twin valk ring, but I do have the ony one for sindraggosa. If I can get the band id start using it on alot of fights. I did not get the pillars of might however, at the time they would have costed me alot and all saronites were going towards shadow mourne axes. Also I got the Legguards of Lost Hope that week and was using them so I didn't feel the need to pick up the pillars anymore. I suppose I should reconsider, perhaps wear pillars/lost hope for lich when we get there with tier helm and on sindraggosa wear 4 pc with broken ram skull to avoid parry haste. Regardless I already have both legs and helm, and the pillars are a simple craft if needed. I would get tier 277 legs/helm last regardless since I think thats the only piece I might swap around. However would you ever drop 4 pcs and just wear 2 pc + 3 offset pieces of 277? Or do you find the set bonus valuable enough to lose the 600 or so stam trade off ?
    All of the bosses hit so fast parry hasting really isn't an issue afaik. You're better on with the stam on her, the tier legs are a wasted slot, hands down. Additionally there's no reason not to spend the money on Pillars...I did as soon as they were available, they are THAT good. Also KRC that's basically what I was saying when I mentioned the bracers. Gargoyle for physical, Reckoning for heavy magic.

this thread makes me sad. I actually went and bought the legs a long time ago and never really used them except for the 4pc effect at times (i didnt' want to drop my cata chest), but I guess tonight I'll go and make myself the pillars of Might and cry at the 95 emblems I've wasted =*( ah wells.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

=( I didn't mean to make you sad. I was using cata chest for a long time, but I wanted 4 peice as well, it hurt changing the chest piece, but then I got the Tier 277 chest from sindraggosa and all was better.

Quote Originally Posted by ironsides View Post
    =( I didn't mean to make you sad. I was using cata chest for a long time, but I wanted 4 peice as well, it hurt changing the chest piece, but then I got the Tier 277 chest from sindraggosa and all was better.
    Cata chest is great, I have the 251 T10 but no tokens sadly so I will stay with 2pc until upgrades.

So to sum things up, current set up is good for threat + EH, for pure EH pillars of might and using tier helm is best. Pillars of might are amazing and should be used. For magic damage fights use bracers off marrow and leggings of lost hope and stam trinkets. For almost all other fights the pure armor pieces are better.

One question is which fights do these include? The only fight that is really magic damage heavy is sindraggosa and LK at points, and although I change trinkets for that fight she does hit hard as a truck on hard mode and I prefer the armor from my gargoyle bracers and when I get them, most likely pillars as well.

Another question is when exactly is Unidentified organ better to use? Is the armor on it worth more than a stam trinket on every fight except magic dealing ones? Or are fights where the stacking stam buff wont go off bad for it? Basically this is fights like putricide and rotface where I avoid to much damage to get the stack very high.

One last inquiry, is it possible to hit armor cap? I know as a warrior it seems like an odd question but my armor is getting VERY high, I am sitting at 40k armor in raids atm, and thats without twin valks band or pillars of might. Once I get a few more upgrades I will be really high up there, will my armor get so high as to getting more is less benefitial to myself than other pieces of gear. For example if I were to hit 42/43k armor or so, an indestructible potion would make my armor ridiculously high, at such a point would trading twin valk band for a stam ring like ashen verdict one be more optimal?

Magic damage fights would be LK and Sindragosa, and to some extent it's good to stam out on LDW, because she melee's like a dandelion. Trinkets....I'd say Heroic Juggernaut's + Skeleton Key for stam set, Key + Organ for Max EH set, etc.

Organ is great for fights where you continually get hit, but at 2 stacks it's the highest EH trinket in-game (If I remember correctly, not sure about Heroic Flawless Fang though). You'll lose stacks on many of the fights due to tank switching and other mechanics so I don't expect to see many folks hitting and keeping all 10 stacks. But you more or less have the right idea.

Armor cap....unsure if it is currently possible for warriors. I believe cap for us is around 49k.

+ Reply to Thread