+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fury Warrior - 5206 gs - My dps is terrible - HELP!!

Fury Warrior - 5206 gs - My dps is terrible - HELP!!

My armory link is

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...al&cn=Airegorn

To say I am lost and frustrated is an understatement - I need some serious help with my dps. I am pulling a max of about 4k and will drop down and end up with an overall of around 3k. Last night in 10 man ICC I ended up with 2977.

I use the standard rotation BT, WW, Slam (on proc) and HS as a rage dump when above 60%. I will normally pop Drum of Forgotten Kings and Wild and eat either a Rhinolicous Wormsteak or MegaMammoth.

I have been gemming mostly for STR.

I use the keypad for my strikes and the mouse for movement.

What am I doing wrong. I hate to do any dungeons with my guild because I am letting them down.

Thanks for any advice.

-use 21 agil meta (which means you can drop 1 blue gem. the 10 strength/stam one).
    -agility cloak enchant.
    -you need 2 more skill points worth of expertise rating.
    -my personal preference is glyph of cleave over execute, as i find i rarely use execute seeing as it doesnt hit as hard as blood thirst or slam. its just a filler for when everything else is on cooldown (which is nearly impossible to achieve with 4pc t10).
    -agility/stam rep ring is better for warriors than the str/stamina version, you should change yours.
    -you may want to consider getting tuskarrs vitality on your boots, as a general rule of thumb any fight that involves a lot of moving, a form of run speed enchant is a better dps return than an actual dps enchant. on stand still fights 32 ap is best boot enchant.
    -in your current gear you have 538 passive ArP and 678 ArP on proc, if you were to swap out the majority of your strength gems for ArP gems to attain a total of 1399 ArP when your trinket procs, youd be at the soft cap and notice a significant dps increase. (you currently need to socket 183 more ArP rating, though that 3 rating isnt really important. so 9x20 ArP gems will get you to the ArP softcap.)

i have macrod my heroic strike to blood thirst, and i just spam BT to keep HS always queued up, while keeping WW on cooldown and feeding in slam procs. be aware that if you are on fights without a lot of incoming damage, you may become rage starving practicing this type of dps rotation. use blood rage at that time if you notice it happening.

other than that, its just gear upgrades you need to get. your weapons are bad, and the lack of a second berserking enchant is going to hurt you. not to mention that youre over the hit cap by 198 rating, so you could afford to drop that hit trinket complete and replace it with something like mirror of truth or a nobles deck if you can.
    Last edited by thelittlevoices; 04-21-2010 at 01:14 PM.

Thank you. I have created some very simple macros but on those that have multiple taks I haven't had much luck. Would you mind sharing the syntax?

Thanks again. This gives me someplace to start.

#showtooltip Bloodthirst
    /startattack
    /use !heroic strike
    /use bloodthirst

the ! infront of heroic strike makes sure that if you use the macro then hit cleave, heroic strike will not come unqueued

I'd drop the hit trinket and farm Normal ToC for the Banner of Victory. That will help you softcap your Armor Pen. You'll need 722 armor pen rating to softcap whereas you only need 164 hit to softcap (less w/ a drenai in group).

Your spec is also kind of unorthodox. I consider points in anger management, unbridled wrath and enrage to be a waste. Booming Voice + Commanding Presence = better IMO.

Although with your gear but bad DPS numbers I'm guessing you're not staying on top of your cooldowns and maximizing your WW / BT usage. Spam those keys to squeeze the most casts out (spamming helps compensate for lag) and make sure you're using Deathwish and Recklessness.

What addon do you use to keep track of your instant slams?

I use Bloodthirst V1.0.1 to notify me when Instant Slam is proced.

I feel like part of my problem does have to do with my not staying on top of my cool downs. When you say spam WW/BT - should I just be hitting those buttons even though they are in cooldown. What I have been trying to do is just hit them when they come off cooldown.

I do use Deathwish and Recklessnes. I have tried to set up Power Auras Classic but it is too much happening on my screen.

At any point in a bossfight I know what ability I want to use next and I'm spamming that key (like 5x a second or faster). Helps me compensate for any lag. If you wait till an ability visibly seems to be off cooldown, and then you press the button, your attack is slightly delayed by both lag and reaction time. Its a small thing but the little things add up.

Thank you - I often wondered about that.

I have long thought about putting both WW and BT into one mindlessly simple macro and bound that to one button. I'm pretty sure macros take the ability on the first line over the second and I usually put my priority on WW. Since they are on different CD's I would essentially be able to always snag WW when it's up by pushing the button repetitively for the whole fight. I could be totally wrong. Regardless, Slam! kills me.

A macro that goes:

/cast Whirlwind
    /cast Bloodthirst

will never, ever cast Bloodthirst, since it'll either cast Whirlwind, and stop, or try and fail to cast Whirlwind, and stop.

A macro that goes
    /castsequence [reset=<whirlwindcooldown>] Whirldwind, Bloodthirst

will waste Bloodthirst a lot.

Don't rely on macros to play for you. It'd be a pretty stupid way to play a game, and doesn't work into the bargain.
    Official Dragon Wiggler of the Ashen Rose Conspiracy
    Nerf Paladins

On a serious note, I just got powerauras set up to monitor my BS, CS, execute, and Slam! procs and it has made a noticeable difference in my dps. my Slam!'s often got lost in the sea of other numbers. TBH, I only use macros that minimize the number of buttons I need to have on my bars. A handful of my CD's like death wish, trinket, and berserking are linked by one macro to fire off at the same time and I also have my trinkets tossed together into a single macro to use whichever one is up, priority on the better of the two (although the trinket one will be obsolete soon as I'll have two on proc trinkets). I'll probably also grab a CD timer addon so I can watch my WW cd in a more noticeable place as I always use that before BT if they are up at the same time.

+ Reply to Thread