+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Whats a better shield for a prot warrior to use?

Whats a better shield for a prot warrior to use?

neverending winter or the wrathful 1800 shield? for a prot warrior because im using the 1800 shield over the neverending winter

Wrathful Gladiator wins here, 61 stam and 600 armor > 42 defense, 37 block and 45 parry.

thanks cuz my crap hunter gleader just tried to tell me that the neverending winter shield is like 10x better

Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

As always it's a matter of the item complementing the gearset. Example: If you can't equip one of the juicy +armor items for badges or from your tier-set because you're lacking the defense to stay crit-immune the equation looks a little different after calculating both items...

Not saying that the gladiator one's a bad shield. Just came to my mind when I read the post.

Cheers!
    skaggi

Quote Originally Posted by Skaggi View Post
    As always it's a matter of the item complementing the gearset. Example: If you can't equip one of the juicy +armor items for badges or from your tier-set because you're lacking the defense to stay crit-immune the equation looks a little different after calculating both items...

Not saying that the gladiator one's a bad shield. Just came to my mind when I read the post.

Cheers!
    skaggi
    Resilience also contributes to crit-immunity, so this shield is perfectly fine, if you are struggleing with defense.

Quote Originally Posted by Skaggi View Post

Cheers!
    skaggi
    1.48% crit immunity from resilience is pretty huge. You could drop even more pieces with def on them besides the chest, boots and legs if you really wanted to. Neverending Winter or ICGW are nice but the only thing you're losing is a small amount of avoidance and block value.

thanks

Yea, you get WAY more crit reduction from the wrathful shield than any other shield. It's a huge amount for 1 item.

Just a quick question, I haven't PvP'd since S6, what's the best way for a warrior to get to 1800?
    [Today 09:38 AM] Reev: The older I get, the more I think those Greek philosophers were just annoying hipsters.
    Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Arms in all likelyhood, just play 2s with a holy pally/ resto druid.

If you are just picking up a random person holy pally is generally better since they are over easier to pvp with.

hunter/prot/pally gg to 1800.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Aggathon View Post
    Just a quick question, I haven't PvP'd since S6, what's the best way for a warrior to get to 1800?
    Pay someone 3k or so to boost imo. You can gather up the 300 arena points from dailies prior to if needed.

seriously? the wrathful 1800 shield is good to use in pve? since im a casual atm, not going icc be4 guild comes back. should i try to get the wrathful 1800 shield since i still has Royal Crest of Lordaeron? dunno how the resi rlly works, and if i get the wrathful 1800 shield wont i be yelled at in raids? :<

It's awesome for PVE. Scroll up in the thread. If you're low on defense it will crit cap you, and no shield has more stamina. The only shield that comes close in armor is heroic Glacial Wall. It's ridiculously good. Tanks have been using PVP shields since Black Temple was progression, I remember our server first kill on Shattered Hand involved the MT with Merciless Glad.

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeyonoma View Post
    hunter/prot/pally gg to 1800.
    Been there done that haha, I got 2k rating as prot last season as well. 2s games take forever as prot though... only hit 1800 in that before I said no more.

+ Reply to Thread