+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tanking food of choice?

Tanking food of choice?

My warrior, unbuffed, runs 49.7k HP, 32k armor, 26 exp, and 125 hit. Usually I'm chomping down Snapper Extreme (hit food) because im a little low on hit. Lately i've been trying to weigh out some options of other food that might be more beneficial. So i'm just curious as to what some others use and why?

Spiff
    Stormscale
    <Imprimis>

I would think that some other good tank foods would be expertise, agility or dodge food. Which one you choose would depend on if you feel you need more threat or avoidance.
    Last edited by bling581; 04-20-2010 at 02:28 PM.

don't forget, 40 agi gives 80 armor which is worth ~ 7stam or so worth of EHP. So technically speaking Agi/Stam food is the best for overall EHP, but it's extremely marginal, really you can use anything, though personally unless I was expertise hard capped I'd use expertise over hit for threat. I'd use hit if I was short of the guaranteed taunt hit cap and needed it. But honestly, I just use the fish feast, lol.
    [Today 09:38 AM] Reev: The older I get, the more I think those Greek philosophers were just annoying hipsters.
    Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Quote Originally Posted by Aggathon View Post
    don't forget, 40 agi gives 80 armor which is worth ~ 7stam or so worth of EHP. So technically speaking Agi/Stam food is the best for overall EHP, but it's extremely marginal, really you can use anything, though personally unless I was expertise hard capped I'd use expertise over hit for threat. I'd use hit if I was short of the guaranteed taunt hit cap and needed it. But honestly, I just use the fish feast, lol.
    I'll roll AGI on any fights that I want more armor or dodge in, and expertise in the others. I run 22 exp unbuffed and have been as low as 16 with no problems. TBH I think I should just do feasts and save my 20g/stack. For the extra spellpower.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

In order of priority I would list them like...

Agility = Highest Avoidance and Effective Health.
    Expertise = Parry Hastable mobs when sub Parry cap.
    Hit = Only on a taunt sensitive encounter, usually unnecessary. Glyph swapping is usually a prefered method.
    Strength = possably for an add tank using block gear.
    Attack Power = Minor threat, not worth using your own food but you get from a feast when not min-maxing on farm content.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

I see people talking about the taunt glyph being better than chosing any hit food or gear. The thing is, the glyph is 8% hit and taunt is based on spell hit (17% spell hit is the cap). This means that WITH a draenei in your group AND improved faerie fire or misery on the target, you still need to have 133 hit from gear (and food) to get 5% spell hit. As threat isn't a problem, but taunts missing affects a lot of fights, I personally would value hit food above expertise food.

For example, if i needed the extra hit i would have to use a hit cloak instead of the emblem one with armor, or a hit ring instead of Devium's ring with armor. For me at least, the use of hit food effectively gives me more armor and is such for my gear set the best food to use.

TLDR: Whatever food you need is the best food to eat. Hint: it could be different for each fight.
    Last edited by Passive; 04-22-2010 at 05:40 AM. Reason: Example for clarification.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinafoi View Post
    In order of priority I would list them like...
    Agility = Highest Avoidance and Effective Health.
    Sorry to be a such a &%¤". But still ..
    • Slippery Eel
    • Requires Level 70
    • Item Level 80
    • Use: Restores 13200 health over 30 sec. If you spend at least 10 seconds eating you will become well fed and gain 40 dodge rating for 1.00 hour.
    • Source: http://www.wowwiki.com/Slippery_Eel
    • Fished from: Violet Hold
    I still bet that gives more avoidance than Agi food, but what comes on Agility and Stamina, wouldnt know.

edit/ checked rating buster on my dk tank, well agi +40 gives like 0.49% dodge while 40 dodge gives 0.91%. Might be better on some classes still seem better with agi+sta food giving dodge,crit,armor and health.
    Last edited by Paranoid; 04-22-2010 at 06:52 AM.

The AGI/stam food is still better, simply due to the fact that it gives so much more benefit for the same cost. .91 dodge rating or .49 dodge rating, 80 armor, some crit and 400 (xmodifier) hp? I'll take the dragonfin.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

Sorry, I wasn't very clear and omitted any food that wasn't at least the maximum stamina gained.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Passive View Post
    I see people talking about the taunt glyph being better than chosing any hit food or gear. The thing is, the glyph is 8% hit and taunt is based on spell hit (17% spell hit is the cap). This means that WITH a draenei in your group AND improved faerie fire or misery on the target, you still need to have 133 hit from gear (and food) to get 5% spell hit. As threat isn't a problem, but taunts missing affects a lot of fights, I personally would value hit food above expertise food.

For example, if i needed the extra hit i would have to use a hit cloak instead of the emblem one with armor, or a hit ring instead of Devium's ring with armor. For me at least, the use of hit food effectively gives me more armor and is such for my gear set the best food to use.

TLDR: Whatever food you need is the best food to eat. Hint: it could be different for each fight.
    Actually if you look above that's exactly what we've been advocating.
    [Today 09:38 AM] Reev: The older I get, the more I think those Greek philosophers were just annoying hipsters.
    Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

+ Reply to Thread