+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Arthas Druid Healing

Arthas Druid Healing

Just looking for quick takes on how other druids who've successfully beat this boss prioritize their heals? Same as usual? I seem to chew through mana very quickly and I just don't think I'm prioritize my spells properly. I apologize ahead of time if this was posted elsewhere, I did do a search but it pulled up nothing.

What trinkets are u using? Also are u letting ur lifeblooms pop?

Quote Originally Posted by Blackmagic427 View Post
    What trinkets are u using? Also are u letting ur lifeblooms pop?
    Solace of the Defeated and the Purified Lunar dust.

I'm lb'ing the mt and letting them pop ya. On 10 man I've had enough practice now that I'm usually ok, but 25 is another matter. Perhaps I'm just not trusting my other healers enough on the infest, idk.

Are you assigned to raid heal or tank heal? By the time we go into the transition (70%) my mana has dipped below 70% and I use innervate. I am assigned to tank healing the Arthas tank, of course this leaves spare gcd's so I keep hots on the shambling tank as well. Keeping Regrowth, rejuv (rapid), and occasionally LB if I know a damage spike is coming in. I always ether WG in the melee or WG in the ranged, never on the Shambling tank. My mana drains faster when I get bored and start rejuving the raid before an infest or when I spam our dks/rogues/cats hopping revitalize will pop for them.

If you are assigned to raid healing, I have found removing Rapid Rejuv to be invaluable. Your healing numbers will drop, but you should notice Infest to be much easier to manage, the point being, you don't need a hasted RJ to top a player up from Infest. The long RJ is just as effective there, but you may have to use some extra RG's to cover other raid damage. If you are currently using RR, this will end your mana issues most likely.

We run with 3 raid healers, and assign groups to cover for the Infest, as well (I'll get 1 & 2, Holy Priest covers 2 & 3, Shammy gets 3 & 4 with help on 4 from a disc priest, and 5 is watched by the other tank heals), so while blanketing the entire raid seems swell, it isn't necessary. That helps our mana efficiency significantly (as long as you trust your other healers! )

**Our groups are 1 healers -> 5 Tanks, just in case that scenario seemed off.
    Last edited by Rydochi; 04-20-2010 at 02:14 PM. Reason: Clarification

It's not your specific style, the mechanics of this fight simply don't require a restoration's druids heals...as they are not efficient for the encounter as much as say a discipline priest or a holy pally. If you take a look at Paragon's raid composition for their world first hard mode LK 25 man kill there is not a single resto druid to be found. Handling your cool down is really the biggest issue here, not your rotation. Heal as usual, as you please, really. Make sure you use your innervate somewhat early, between 60-70 percent mana, in order to get it off cool down for another use during the encounter. Bring a runic mana potion with you as well and use that at some point. Having healed the fight in 25 on my resto druid I feel your pain, but this advice should most likely help.

How you prioritize your healing should be based as well on the particular healer composition that your guild is using for the fight. Having a disc priest (or two, even) makes infest insanely easy to heal to the point where no one should be taking any damage at all from it (with two, of course. You should have the priest bubble marked as an icon on your raid frames to know who is going to be taking damage from infest before the infest actually goes out. Getting the precautionary heal out before the move occurs is much more important than throwing rejuvs on those after they have the debuff). It is also a good idea to cast WG every time that infest is cast upon the raid for good measure.

Other than that, you should roll HoTs up on the main tank and add tank and conserve mana for any other various damage that may occur until the transition.

During the transition phases, much more damage will occur throughout the raid. It is a prime opportunity to roll rejuvs out on anything that moves. It is also a good time to keep the swiftmend button ready incase anyone takes any raging spirit damage unnecessarily. Otherwise, Regrowth/rejuv the tanks up as normal. Be absolutely sure to full HoT up the MT as he charges in to pick up the boss again. It can be a place for wiping if not done so while everyone else positions themselves. ( I generally use Innervate around this time in the fight)

During phase two, you should analyze where most of the damage is coming from. It is likely that with all the movement, the disc priest(s) (if you have any) will be unable to bubble all that they were assigned to do so. Defile should not be a damage problem as the raid would wipe if it were. Most of the damage should be coming directly from the LK to the MT.

During phase three, there are not many differences except for Harvest Soul. You need to make sure to get at least a rejuv out on whoever is targeted for the ability. The main issue is to be in range of the tanks while still spreading out. Always make sure to be in range of the tanks while Hotting them up. Other than that, you should be fine.

As mentioned previously, resto druids really are not the prime healers for this fight, though, it is possible to work with a group composed with a few of them.

Our raid setup healer wise for last week consisted of Two disc priests (solely focusing on bubbling), one shaman, and a total of four resto druids (One was told to go boomkin but forgot prior to the fight). It may not be pretty, but it effectively gets the job done.

Your safest bet is to analyze any log program that your guild runs and become aware of any incoming damage. It is also a good bet to use your innervate when you will best make use of it. I generally use mine at the 60% mana mark; any lower and you will just be losing time on that cooldown timer.

Good luck with this fight and happy healing.

I want to thank all of you for the time you took to respond and the quality of your replies. Happy to report we finally got him last night. (note: this is a 10 man side group that meets once a week to tackle this) Must say again thanks I think I took something from all of these and mana really wasn't an issue as it was when I first posted.

Thanks again everyone!

+ Reply to Thread