+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fury Warrior Looking for Itemization/Gemming/Dps Advice

Fury Warrior Looking for Itemization/Gemming/Dps Advice

My armory sheet: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...a&cn=Mnemolyst

I'm looking for some advice on...well pretty much everything. I feel that I may be going down the wrong path with ArP seeing as how I've heard varying accounts of how much I should be going for. For the moment as you can tell I've been gemming purely for ArP in an effort to hit the hard cap as quickly as possible. My rotation is a pretty standard fury rotation. BT, WW, Slam (on proc while not pushing back BT or WW more the .5 secs ideally), and HS at or above 60 rage. On the heroic training dummy I maintain about 3300 dps, and in ICC 10 I end up pulling just under 5k on bosses (first wing experience only).

Ok...for the questions.

1. Should I be gemming ArP only for the softcap and then stacking Str since I have the scorpion trinket instead of gemming all out ArP?

2. Should my rotation be any different? I've tried the rend rotation, dancing and rending between the second BT and second WW during my free GCD without a Bloodsurge proc and found my dps actually lowers, although I could be doing it wrong.

3. Finally, to maximize my worth to my guild in ICC 10 is there something I should be 'farming' outside of ICC that will provide a significant boost to my dps.

4. Should I be looking for more haste on my gear to achieve 10% melee haste?

Thanks for your time,
    Mnemolyst
    Last edited by Romniner; 04-19-2010 at 03:02 AM. Reason: Spelling

Hey, with a quick look at your gear I see there are a few things you could do right away. First of all, switch the weapons and put Quel'delar in MH, there is just no reason not to do that. Second, get the shoulder enchant from Sons of Hodir and change your current meta gem for the relentless earthsiege one, you only need one nightmare's tear to activate that one.

Since you cant reach the hardcap for ArP, gemming for strengt and str/crit is more of a dps increase than pure ArP (str/crit if you cang et the socket bonus at +4str or more).

Dont go looking for more haste, it will come naturally with the gear you need, there is no point in looking specifically for it.

- Stumble

Haste is not a very strong stat for warriors, as it only affects our weapon swings and white damage, which in my case at least is probably only 25-30% of my damage output. It's not bad to have but I certainly wouldn't trade anything else for it.

Since you can't reach the armor penetration cap (1400 rating) yet, the best you can probably do for your dps is gem enough armor pen so that when your trinket procs, you reach 100%. Needle Encrusted Scorpion has 678 armor pen on it so you'll want 722 rating on your gear to reach 100% when it procs. If you have leftover gem slots after reaching that soft cap, gem strength in those, or strength/crit if the socket bonus is +4 strength or better.

5k dps isn't bad for your gear level in a 10 man environment. I'm similarly geared and pull about 5.5k in 10 mans. Practice making your rotation as tight as possible and see if you notice any improvement, but don't expect insane numbers until you start getting more gear from Icecrown.

Moved to HALP forum. Please read rules, and stickies before posting.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Alrighty, my armory should reflect a change in the ArP i'm stacking, and a couple decent upgrades to my gear. Appreciate the feedback, in ICC 25 I was around 6.2k on Saurfang, so..well..thanks!

Of course anyone reading this is welcome to continue giving me advice based on the armory, i'll always take constructive criticism. ^.^

~Mnemolyst

+ Reply to Thread