+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Ret Paladin Rotation

Ret Paladin Rotation

I couldn't find the thread on this and I have lost all sense of how to work my rotation as a ret paladin so please enlighten me again thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by stormleader View Post
    I couldn't find the thread on this and I have lost all sense of how to work my rotation as a ret paladin so please enlighten me again thank you!
    I agree. I have a 2-3 second delay in my rotation, I can't spam concecration due to Mana, and I also have mana issues if i'm fighting bosses. I would love to see some feedback on this topic.

Quote Originally Posted by stormleader View Post
    It's not really a "rotation", but a priority. Hit something every GCD, and don't wait half a GDC for a "better" ability to come off cooldown.

If you have 2pc T9 equipped your best clash resolution is: Judgement > HoW > CS > DS > Consecrate > Exorcism > Holy Wrath.

If you have 2pc T9 AND 2pc T10 equipped, your best resolution is: Judgement > DS > HoW > CS > Consecrate > Exorcism > Holy Wrath

If you have 4pc T10 equipped, your best clash resolution is: Judgement > DS > CS > HoW > Consecrate > Exorcism > Holy Wrath
    Recommended Glyphs from the same EJ thread:

[Glyph of Judgement]
    This is your primary glyph as retribution. 10% more damage on one of our primary attacks is mandatory.

[Glyph of Consecration]
    This is a PvE glyph, it saves a ton of mana and some GCD clashes over the course of a fight (worth 108mp5). With our GCD as locked as it is this is also a mandatory pve glyph.

[Glyph of Seal of Vengeance]
    We now have the option of glyphing for 10 expertise! This glyph grants exactly what it says, 10 expertise (82 rating, 2.5%) when using our primary dps seal. This is a decent option if you are under the expertise cap or if you want to use other stronger items in place of expertise items. It's worth noting that if you benefit from even half of the expertise (example, glyph puts you at 31 expertise) it is more dps than the exo glyph. The main benefit of this glyph is a lot of freedom in gear choices, as you can drop weaker expertise pieces.

[Glyph of Exorcism]
    An option if you are naturally expertise capped, or perhaps for pvp. This glyph is worth ~50 dps, and as noted above you can gain more from using freed itemization on non-expertise gear.
    Bookmark that thread, check it for updates every few weeks, and definately after every patch.
    Last edited by Akeber; 01-14-2010 at 10:53 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wakebord99 View Post
    I agree. I have a 2-3 second delay in my rotation, I can't spam concecration due to Mana, and I also have mana issues if i'm fighting bosses. I would love to see some feedback on this topic.
    Are you glyphed for consecrate? As i quoted from EJ, its a large mana savings and smoothes out the clashes.

Thanks for the help Akeber was already doing that but wasn't sure if it was the best way to do it

Holy wrath is just on undeads or am I wrong, since was long time I was retri on my pala.

Quote Originally Posted by Hekke View Post
    Holy wrath is just on undeads or am I wrong, since was long time I was retri on my pala.
    yes and no, its works for everything, but only stuns undead/demons.
    WORK IS THE CURSE OF THE DRINKING CLASS

It only damages demons/undead, it will not touch anything else.
    Quality Over Quanity.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakshmi View Post
    yes and no, its works for everything, but only stuns undead/demons.
    This is correct.

I can promise you, test it yourself. Holy Wrath will only damage undead/demons. Yes, the wording of the ability in the tooltip may make it seem otherwise, but unless there was some sort of stealth fix to it within the last week, it has not done damage to non-undead/demons for as long as I can remember.
    Quality Over Quanity.

http://www.wowmeteronline.com/combat...6379#damageout

Seems to be doing damage to BQL. Unless she's considered undead/demon. Then I'm an idiot for posting this =P

http://www.wowmeteronline.com/combat...4396#damageout

Patchwerk as well. (is he undead? wtf)
    Last edited by Kazeyonoma; 04-16-2010 at 02:17 PM.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Aren't all bosses in ICC (apart from lolship) undead?

that's what i was thinking while i was going through the parses pyrea =P

Holy Wrath will ONLY damage undead/demons, trust me on this. It has completely ignored all other types of mobs I have used it with. Anything nont undead or demon will NOT get hit. If you think otherwise, you are WRONG.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrea View Post
    Aren't all bosses in ICC (apart from lolship) undead?
    Yes they are. Blood Queen Lana'thel is lore-wise a vampire, and in-game is classified as Undead.

As an aside, I rarely use Holy Wrath on Bosses, it has a high mana cost, very long cd, and is on the Spell hit table, so misses are possible.
    Last edited by Turkson; 04-17-2010 at 09:14 PM. Reason: added stuff
    Forth, and fear no darkness! Spears shall be shaken, shields shall be splintered! A sword day...a red day...ere the sun rises! Ride for ruin and the world's ending!

well that would explain why all of my parses show it working, lol, nm =P

+ Reply to Thread