+ Reply to Thread

Thread: TANKING PALADIN: New guy to forums, i'm a pally tank with ALOT of questions:)

TANKING PALADIN: New guy to forums, i'm a pally tank with ALOT of questions:)

So hey everybody, very new to the tanking as a paladin and I have alot of questions. I HOPE FOR THE PATIENCE OF ALL

1st question:
    Ive looked up and studied the 969 rotation. Ive tried and out and seem to be doing it, but i still get lost in the rotation sometimes because i believe maybe of my binds. Can someone advise me on how to bind all 969 rotation skills and all other necessary tanking skills please? simply binding it to 12345 does not seem to be the best way for me. Thanks everyone!

I tried 12345, and it was a huge jumbled mess. What works for me is splitting up the two groups - I have the three 9 seconds abilities bound to 2 3 4, and the two 6 second abilities bound to R and F.

So I'm pressing 2 R 3 F 4 R 2 F 3 R etc etc etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Tibay View Post
    So hey everybody, very new to the tanking as a paladin and I have alot of questions. I HOPE FOR THE PATIENCE OF ALL

1st question:
    Ive looked up and studied the 969 rotation. Ive tried and out and seem to be doing it, but i still get lost in the rotation sometimes because i believe maybe of my binds. Can someone advise me on how to bind all 969 rotation skills and all other necessary tanking skills please? simply binding it to 12345 does not seem to be the best way for me. Thanks everyone!
    You might want to try castsequence macro's with a combat reset clause in it. I can give these two you. How I tank on my paladin is this,

I have two macro's, one for 6 second cd's and one for 9 second cd's, I don't bother binding them as clicking between two buttons is really easy. I still keep all those cooldowns on my action bars for emergency cases when I need to break rotation for whatever reason.

/castsequence reset=4/combat Hammer of the Righteous, Shield of Righteousness
    /castsequence reset=6/combat Judgement of Light, Holy Shield, Consecration

You can add some lines that'll remove the annoying error messages, but those two are the basic macroes.
    I strongly suggest keeping most of these abilities available easily as well, some fights require alternative orders.
    Next question!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahmal
    ...there is no true progression for a casual anymore, just hand outs.

+ Reply to Thread