+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Prot warrior needs advice

Prot warrior needs advice

Can i trouble someone to give me a quick look over, ive been looking for some 3.3 advice but apparently i am not a good searcher.

I have been back for a few weeks since i left at the beggining of 3.2 so i am a little lost.

I currently have 50 frosty's should I buy the cloak or the trinket ? if i buy the cloak what should i enchant / gem it with.

Should i look into getting emblem of triumph trinket as well ?

I also have a rimefangs in my bag, if i use this what should i enchant it with ?

Also it was always hit 545 def. then go for expertise at 25, and hit rating 265ish... is this still the case ? do i need to move some gems and enchants ?

http://www.wow-heroes.com/index.php?...ame=ninjatroll

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...&cn=Ninjatroll

I personally used this to help me decide http://www.tankingtips.com/2009/12/2...st-pick-order/

I took the belt first because it was a bigger upgrade compared to my gear.

hope this helps

Also, the triumph trinket is pretty awesome, in my opinion alot better than Ick's rotting thumb in terms of avoidance

If it were me, I'd run a few more randoms for 10 more frosts and get the Gauntlets of the Kraken.

540 defense is the minimum. After that stack stamina and armor. You get enough hit and expertise on your gear (or you don't, but it doesn't matter since threat is moreso based on your rotation and spec than any gear). Also the expertise softcap is 26 not 25, hit cap is 8% for melee.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

If you get the cloak, it is unlikely you will upgrade it for a long time, if ever.

It's close to biS.

Isn't being HIT capped a tank requisite anymore or is just a threat thing now? I remember that it used to affect Taunt (it could miss if you weren't caped).

You can glyph for it if you are worried, but it really isn't that important to be capped. Also the hit cap for taunt is 17%. You will be much better off stacking effective health stats.

I would also like to add that you're missing out on a fair bit of effective health with your gemming. It's all personal preference, but I would make the following recommendations.

I would recommend replacing the AP/STAM gem in your shoulders with EXP/STAM or pure STAM. The socket bonus on the locak (+6) is below the threshold that most use to match colors, I'd replace with STAM. I'd also take the 20 HIT gem out of the bracers and use HIT/STAM or DEF/STAM if you want the bonus, otherwise pure STAM. The gloves are lacking any bonus health from gems and you could replace one or both that with STAM or some hybrid that provides a threat supplement.

Rimefang's would also benefit from Bladeward, Mongoose, Blood Draining. Titanium Weapon Chain is a cheap one to consider too if you don't wanna invest alot in the short term. Gives you more hit I believe.

+ Reply to Thread