+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Which bossmod is best for me?

Which bossmod is best for me?

I raid ICC mainly, but I occasionally do the weekly and some pug here and there.
    And I can't help but wonder which bossmod would be best for me, I do use DBM now but it feels like it's lacking something, but I don't know what. I'm a healer if that's of any importance, any help is greatly appreciated, even the smallest of tip.
    / your Gothheal @ Alonsus EU

I think the only real difference between the three main boss mods is how they present the information. So it really comes down to personal preference.

If you feel like DBM is lacking something poke around in the settings and the settings for each encounter there very well might be an option to turn on what you feel you're missing. Though I really can't fathom what it might be.

thx for the reply, I found Deus Vox Encounters to suit me the most, but more replies are ofcourse welcome!^^

DBM
    Supports raiding, dungeons, and PvP.

BigWigs w/ LittleWigs
    Supports raiding and dungeons.

DXE
    Supports raiding.

Simple side by side scope comparison. There are functional differences between them however how you intend to use them is largely what will determine which you will want. For instance if you never PvP, you may not want DBM because it has extra unused features (of course you could just turn them off). The actual methods they use are generally very similar however there are some developer specific features that may attract you to one over the other.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

In DXE you can make custom bars.

macro

Code:
    /dxelb X description       -- local bar, does not require promoted status
    or
    Code:
    /dxerb X description       -- broadcasts to the whole raid, requires promoted status
    X = duration in seconds, description is what you want the bar to say. So my shieldwall macro is

Code:
    /cast Divine Protection
    /dxerb 12 Divine Protection Active!
    I don't know if this is something you need, and I don't know if other boss mods can do the same. I also find the arrows in DXE brilliant.
    Last edited by Fetzie; 04-17-2010 at 02:52 PM.

Boss Encounters 2 is also an option. It seems pretty good, and certainly has a lot of star power if you like flashy things.

Quote Originally Posted by Pyrea View Post
    In DXE you can make custom bars.

macro

Code:
    /dxelb X description       -- local bar, does not require promoted status
    or
    Code:
    /dxerb X description       -- broadcasts to the whole raid, requires promoted status
    X = duration in seconds, description is what you want the bar to say. So my shieldwall macro is

Code:
    /cast Divine Protection
    /dxerb 12 Divine Protection Active!
    I don't know if this is something you need, and I don't know if other boss mods can do the same. I also find the arrows in DXE brilliant.
    You can do that with DBM. /dbm timer XX YYY and /dbm broadcast timer XX YYY too. Problem is if you are a button spammer and you spam your SW button you broadcasts multiple timers.

+ Reply to Thread