+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What to buy with first Frost emblems?

What to buy with first Frost emblems?

I've heard it's between the belt and cape for the first purchase. I have about 65 emblems so far. Here is the link.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...alas&cn=Thebda

Cloak all the way. My purchase order was as follows:

Cloak
    Cataclysmic Chest
    Belt
    Legs (that I replaced with a 264 drop off marrowgar 6 days later ><)
    After that, I'm a little shaky myself on the order, but I would go with those 3 first before getting into Tier stuff =)

Usually this decision will depend on what gear you have access to, and what stats you require. I can't check your armory, but going off of what I know if you have a 245 cloak and a 232 belt the belt is by far the biggest upgrade. It would also depend on what content you are raiding/have access to.
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

219 cloak and 226 belt

My order on my DK tank was cloak, belt, trinket.

I still haven't bought that trinket. The "on use" for it is absolutely worthless imho. The +228 Stamina seems very nice, but with the current 10% buff in ICC, I'm sitting at roughly 57k health without it. Seems a little redundant to stack more stamina when I'm already that high.

Anyone - Doesn't this seem like it would be better suited for PvP? That 6400 absorption seems like it would be awesome for PvP, but when bosses hit for between 10-20k in icc (roughly, I don't care about nitty gritty details), does absorbing 6400 damage off one swing every couple of minutes really matter? Just seems like a horrible proc for PvE stuff, but what do I know lol

Quote Originally Posted by Galarungi View Post
    I still haven't bought that trinket. The "on use" for it is absolutely worthless imho. The +228 Stamina seems very nice, but with the current 10% buff in ICC, I'm sitting at roughly 57k health without it. Seems a little redundant to stack more stamina when I'm already that high.

Anyone - Doesn't this seem like it would be better suited for PvP? That 6400 absorption seems like it would be awesome for PvP, but when bosses hit for between 10-20k in icc (roughly, I don't care about nitty gritty details), does absorbing 6400 damage off one swing every couple of minutes really matter? Just seems like a horrible proc for PvE stuff, but what do I know lol
    I like the health on it and I will use the proc - it may not be the greatest, but on ,say, a third inhale I'm looking to buy my healer any time I can get him/her. Vamp Blood, IBF, Skeleton Key and Indomitability. I'm raid buffed at about 54K with it, but anything I can do to buy some time I will; plus it's what I have.

So cloak, I'm guessing for the bonus armor?
    Last edited by thebda; 04-15-2010 at 07:43 PM.

I'm starting to raid ICC this weekend, do cloaks drop less than other tanking gear that I could buy with emblems?

I consider the extra armor gear to be BiS for 264, and many of them to be better then 277 nonbonus armor pieces.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahmal
    ...there is no true progression for a casual anymore, just hand outs.

+ Reply to Thread