+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Camera Setpoint Macros. HELP!!!

Camera Setpoint Macros. HELP!!!

Ok so I've been looking for a way to make a few macros for setpoints of my camera zoom that i like to use so I can have a 1 click on an action bar icon to zoom where i want. So I am already @ /console CameraDistanceMaxFactor 4, but that is to far for most of my raiding so i zoom in manually about half way. Then I come to a part where that is to far or to close for comfort so i want to go like 25% in or 75% in. Now I got to scroll my mouse wheel to get there and I over shoot or under shoot it. Get's old after a while . So I was looking for a way to have set points in a macro icon. Something like /CameraZoom 25% or something like that. So anyone get any ideas. Thanks
    EITHIR ; FALLEN GM

There are camera zoom functions however what you want is actually saved views.

Set your camera to the desired position and run the SaveView API.
    Code:
    /run SaveView(2)
    You can use numbers 2-5. 1 is reserved and can't be overriden (1 is first person view).

Once you've saved the view, you can access it again by running the SetView API.
    Code:
    /run SetView(2)
    In this case you could use 1-5, however 1 will always be first person.
    I'm not 100% sure, but I believe you may also be able to set keybindings to these views.

Do not toggle the camera factors or distance after saving your views, just toggle the view to the appropriate distance. Simple way to do it...
    Set your 2 to like 10 yards, 3 to like 20 yards, 4 to like 30 yards, and 5 to maximum distance.

References:
    SaveView
    SetView
    World of Warcraft API, Camera Functions
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

Sweet Quinafoi. Thanks a bunch
    EITHIR ; FALLEN GM

+ Reply to Thread