+ Reply to Thread

Thread: My UI - Need some feedback.

My UI - Need some feedback.

So, I recently finished my new UI. I think it looks good, but I need some feedback.

Image:
    http://i40.tinypic.com/2lw9afp.jpg

I use this for both DPS and Healing.
    I have Grid but it wasnt on at the time.

Addons I use:

ButtonFacade
    ButtonFacade: Caith
    Cooldown Count
    Dominos
    Grid
    kgPanels
    Omen
    Recount
    SexyMap
    Titan Panel
    Deadly Boss Mods

--------------

I also need some suggestions on a UnitFrames addon - Tried X-perl, hated it, tried ag_UnitFrames, but every time I cast a spell it freezes for a few seconds.

Thanks.
    -Sentas

If you are also healing I think most healers will direct you to grid or perhaps Vuhdo for raid frames.

As for UI composition it looks pretty solid. However, if you are serious about healing you are going to want to put your raid frames front and center some where below you characters feet for the most efficient way to watch what's happen and watching your groups health.

Can check out Aliena's recent Weekly marmot on Healer UIs for more tips.

Also, turn off the bottom bar on TitanPanel. You don't appear to be using it and it's just eating up screen space.

You can also set your Micromenu and Bag bar to be completely hidden until you mouse over them. You know where they are when you need them. Don't need to see them all the time.

Nice clean set up over all.

Yes, I do use Grid. ^^

Also, I usually have it right at the left of my character, but until I get a new computer screen where I can more widely spread everything, it's going to have to stay a little bit more to the top, which I don't like, but I am getting my new computer very soon. And I have been dpsing raids for a while, seems my guild doesnt appreciate that I joined as a resto druid. :\

Anyhow, thanks for the feedback and I'll check out the that weekly marmot now.

You could easily make room for grid by cutting down on some of the empty space around your action bars and Omen/Recount. You could even just get Skada and have a threat meter and dps/heal meter in one package. Freeing up that space for or other UI elements like your minimap.

I tried Skada before, didn't seem to record data.
    And I need Omen, and a few other addons that my guild requires me to have to be a raider.

I suppose I could get rid of Recount, and move along my buttons, also cut down the kgPanels, and then place Grid where Recount is, but its a little far out. But nevermind, I'll figure something out.

Thanks.

Your UI do what you want. I'm just tossing out suggestions.

Recount/Omen is the exact same thing as Skada with threat module+damage done+healing done. It's a nice replacement for more space

Your minimap is never that important during a fight... replace it or have it hide in combat and have something popping up instead than.

You're wasting a lot of screen realestate at the bottom behind your panel. I'd highly recommend UI scaling because right now it looks like you aren't scaling at all. That would free up a lot more space. If you can drop that panel down some so it doesn't take up a third of the screen then I'd recommend picking up a viewport addon to adjust your WorldFrame so it isn't behind your other UI elements.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

I used to have it scaled out a bit more, but then some text gets a little harder to read - I know I can enlarge the text, but then it's just making the same space being taken up. Thanks again though. (:

Quote Originally Posted by Sentas View Post
    I tried Skada before, didn't seem to record data.
    And I need Omen, and a few other addons that my guild requires me to have to be a raider.

I suppose I could get rid of Recount, and move along my buttons, also cut down the kgPanels, and then place Grid where Recount is, but its a little far out. But nevermind, I'll figure something out.

Thanks.
    He wasn't saying get rid of Recount/Omen, he was saying you can make them a bit smaller, and you can make them display less lines, with omen, you don't really need to see 9 lines of threat, the top 4 are sufficient. With recount, you can show only the top 4-5 as well, because honestly you should not ever be watching your recount while your dpsing, its a tool to use after the fight is over. You can also reduce the size of your action bars, the key to any dps/healing class is muscle memory, knowing what button activates what skill. Having buttons so big seems to say you dont know what skill you put where. By making these changes, you can fit all of your action buttons to the left of your minimap no problem, and this will allow you to place your grid next to your map, or if you want it up on the screen, you can place your Chat next to the map(on the right), and place grid to the right of your character.

I am also going to go out on a limb here and say, do you really need to see your bag bar. By default you can press B to access your main bag, and shift+b to open all bags at once. As for the micro menu, you can set it to be completely invisible until you mouse over its location. You also have alot of empty space along the very bottom of your screen, you can remove your bottom titan panel, and move the one from the top of your screen down there, freeing up more overhead space.

To add to what Khilbron stated in regard to the bag bar, a step further to take would be to use Arkinventory or Bagnon for a bag addon, that way pressing B will open all bags in an organized interface complete with a search feature that works across all alts and guild banks.

+ Reply to Thread