+ Reply to Thread

Thread: im running out of mana fast

im running out of mana fast

i just re did my talent tree for protection and i run out of mana really fast with in 2 or 3 mob when im questing, i have not tried tanking an instance yet. this is my current gear and i have tried the rotations that are listed in the various forums. http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...rcenary+Blades

My question is, does my gear just bite, did i miss something in the talent tree, or is this a common problem that pally tanks have?

While your spec is not optimal, it isn't the problem.
    While your gear is completely incorrect, it isn't the problem.

If you are having mana issue, it is one of the following:
    -You aren't using Divine Plea, or you are letting it lapse. With Guarded by the Light, you can keep refreshing it with your melee attacks
    -You are using too much consecrate, it's a mana hog
    -You aren't taking enough damage to benefit from Spiritual Attunement, pull more mobs. If you have Divine Plea up, are not using consecrate, and when you pull more mobs you die, then it becomes a gear issue and/or healer abilities/gear issue.

-Start by getting all tank gear. You have an assorted mix of Holy, Retribution and Protection gear. If you have a hard time finding gear, at worst go get a complete set of crafted Tempered Saronite gear from a blacksmith. For a weapon there is a quest in Zul'Drak that does the trick.
    -Read these forums for recommended tankadin paladin specs, it's been posted many, many times. Please read through them or use the Search function --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
    Then pay attention to your Divine Plea uptime and Consecrate usage. Those two alone will help

Hint: Having 2 points in Spiritual Attunement and Glyphing for it is not required. It is hiding the problem of poor DP uptime and/or excessive Consecration usage and/or insufficient pulling.

You missed most of the issue, Insahnity.
    He's questing.
    Paladin tanks often have mana issues while questing. There are several solves for this.
    Solve 1. Pull more. If you pull a ton of mobs and keep holy shield up, your blessing of sanctuary should go a long way in keeping your mana going. Consider dropping consecration from your rotation (ie only use it when you have nearfull mana.) Spec into seal of command, and glyph it. Make sure divine plea stays up. Judge wisdom sometimes. Dance between seal of command and seal of wisdom, glyph seal of wisdom as well (minor glyph).
    Spiritual attunement does nothing for solo mana regeneration.
    Your gear looks okay, and your gear won't help much in your mana regeneration anyway.

Remember that once you hit an instance, you'll be taking a lot more damage and you'll be healed a lot - making SA give you all the mana you need.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahmal
    ...there is no true progression for a casual anymore, just hand outs.

He could be questing with a healer. Otherwise its a moot point, quest as ret.

When I used to solo I used Seal of Wisdom and I judged wisdom. It's not nearly as fast as SoV or SoC, but speed should be less of a concern.

thank you both it is going a lot better now

+ Reply to Thread