+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Upgrades and ICC tanking.

Upgrades and ICC tanking.

So tonight i will be tanking ICC 10 for the first time (probably just the first wing) Now I've been told a few different things, because my GS isn't above 5400 i shouldn't tank anything, also that as long as i'm over 4.8k (i think i'm around 5.1 right now) I should be fine as long as raid groups listens and has a basic understanding of the fights; looking at my gear should i be fine tanking this?

Also i'm saving up frosties for a piece of t10, i am deciding between shoulders and helm, if all goes well this weekend i should have enough for shoulders before Tuesday; should i wait for helm or get shoulders? (i have the pants from voa10, and I am running voa10/25 until gloves drop).

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...cn=Darkwaffles

Thanks everyone in advance for your help!

Gemming/Enchanting are alright, and you have enough unbuffed HPS to tank it fine, but I would switch the 10agi/15stam gem in your chest with the 30 stam gem in your boots that's in the red socket, you'll gain some agi that way. I'd also suggest 18 stam to chest and get rid of ick's rotting thumb. Replace that with glyph of indominability asap.

You'll be fine tanking ICC10 as long as you use your cooldowns wisely if the healers have half a brain.

Also: gear score sucks.
    [Today 09:38 AM] Reev: The older I get, the more I think those Greek philosophers were just annoying hipsters.
    Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Ill probably be using DMC:Greatness over ick, should i use DMC over glyph of indominability?

DMC: Greatness for tanking? No.
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

5400 gs for ICC 10; normal? Whoever told you that is clueless and probably takes their advice from Trade Chat. "LF Tank, Naxx 10, 6k gs min". 4800 is more reasonable, I did the first wing on my pally at around 4600 or 4700. You'll be fine; you can do 25 with a good group.

Quote Originally Posted by Theotherone View Post
    5400 gs for ICC 10; normal? Whoever told you that is clueless and probably takes their advice from Trade Chat. "LF Tank, Naxx 10, 6k gs min". 4800 is more reasonable, I did the first wing on my pally at around 4600 or 4700. You'll be fine; you can do 25 with a good group.
    Someone was asking for 5.5k GS for ony 10 yesterday, which was confusing to me because if your gearscore is that high why would you want to run it?

Needless to say my server if full of twats, if it weren't for the fact that i have had characters in this guild since 2004 and i enjoy the people in MY guild i would of server transfered a long time ago.

Are you on Deathwing by chance (lawl i saw 4.8GS req for naxx weekly was like roflroflrofl) Black heart is great but personnaly i wuold level my profs if i were you. your missing 1.2k more hp and if you roll JC an easy 126 Stam trinket with a button for dodge ( i know you druids like having a couple more buttons to push) Also tuskars loves you it really does that 8% may not seem like much but trust me when you need to move it shaves the seconds (ohhh SH.... FIRE!!!111!!)

Quote Originally Posted by skryerx View Post
    Someone was asking for 5.5k GS for ony 10 yesterday, which was confusing to me because if your gearscore is that high why would you want to run it?

Needless to say my server if full of twats, if it weren't for the fact that i have had characters in this guild since 2004 and i enjoy the people in MY guild i would of server transfered a long time ago.
    It's that way on all servers. Filled with idiots who think GS is all it takes be a good player.

I was in a ICC 25 the other night and they were looking for 5.4k gs min and expressed the opinion that in order to tank the second wing, the tank would need 5.5 gs min - okay, I guess that 100 pts of gs is what will make or break the tank. Then again the main tank was stacking parry, had his defense at 590 (and was gemming for it) and was not spec'd into Bladed Armor, but had Chilblains, Unholy Command and Icy Reach maxed out.

When I dps in PuGs, I just kill things and don't say a word, for the most part.

Use glyph of indom over DMC definitely. EHP (effective hit points) > RNG (Random Number Generator). Avoidance is considered "RNG" and thusly is not reliable when you need it, but hit points and armor are always there. Granted DMC is technically effective health since it gives 600 armor when it procs, but 600 on proc is << ~1.7k static.

imo the best 2 trinkets to get for people who aren't heavy raiders are glyph of indom and the skeleton key, however the skeleton key can be really rough to get for people that don't raid that often, so the next best "non-raiding" trinket would be the black heart. If you can do ToC25 and get a Jug's Vitality (the alliance version is Satrina's Impending Scarab or something like that idk, I'm horde, lol) then that is one you should definitely pick up and hang on to.
    [Today 09:38 AM] Reev: The older I get, the more I think those Greek philosophers were just annoying hipsters.
    Twitter @Aggathon || @Tankspot || Twitch.Tv/Aggathon

Now that im approaching 60 frost badges, i am trying to figure out should i go for shoulders first for 2pc t10 or get the skeleton key? Being as i dont raid much right now my only frost income for now is just weekly raid and random daily. (+ 4 more from voa 10/25), which is about 23 badges per week. (so three weeks between buying shoulders and trinket). So what should i get first?

frost trinket imo...
    This is my armory...if you have any tips please let me know
    http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n=Ibroughtguns

+ Reply to Thread