+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Hmmmm, gear dilemma

Hmmmm, gear dilemma

So I've got all the frost offset pieces (gloves, cloak, chest, belt, and trinket) and am debating if it's worth it getting the shoulders and helm. It's a lot of frost for little upgrade. I am in a 10man-strict, so it would be a while until I can upgrade them to 264. At the same time, there really isn't anything else for me to spend them on at the moment either. I'm sitting on 83 Frost Emblems, so I could get the shoulders right now. My dilemma with the helm is that it has no expertise, and I'd dip a bit lower. I know it's not a huge deal, but yeah, it's nice to have it. So would you recommend I get my shoulders first or my helm first? And why?

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...eam&cn=Imriela

Any other gear suggestions you may have are appreciated as well.

Edit: Helm socket slot is red and I'm currently using that slot for my socket bonus and meta activation on the 245 helm (since it's a yellow socket and my only yellow gem) so I'm also trying to figure out where to get my yellow activation from for that. I thought maybe regem the belt all stam, move the purple to the helm and the yellow to my bracers... but that's a lot of regeming.
    Last edited by Imriela; 04-14-2010 at 07:33 PM.

I don't like the pigface shoulders, so go for the helm first.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahmal
    ...there is no true progression for a casual anymore, just hand outs.

I don't like the T9 model helm or shoulders (alliance).

And since I am leaning toward the helm... my geming situation. Does my plan sound good or does that sound like I'm doing too much ?
    Last edited by Imriela; 04-14-2010 at 09:00 PM.

So the shoulders gain me 9 Stamina, 0.08%Dodge, 0.07%Parry, 0.02%Block, 4.1SBV and 14 Attack Power. Is this really worth 60 Emblems of frost?

The Helm gains me 11 Stamina, 1.13%Parry, 28.2SBV, and 88AP at the loss of 0.30%Dodge, 0.05%Block and 8.4Expertise (69rating). Not to mention I'd have to regem 3 pieces to reactivate my meta and get my helm +12stam bonus so I actually gain that 12 stam (if I don't get that bonus, I actually loose 1 Stam). Worth 95 Emblems of Frost?

Yes, so I do get the 2P bonus, netting me some more threat and a tad more DPS, but at a cost of 155 Emblems of Frost... this seems a bit crap to me. I will probably end up getting them anyways, just because my guild does plan to get into hard modes sometime in the not too distant future, and I'll get my tokens to upgrade to the 264s, which are a bit nicer.
    Last edited by Imriela; 04-15-2010 at 11:23 AM.

Well the only thing that isn't worth the emblems are the gloves and legs, but for different reasons. The legs are worthless. The gloves drop 2 versions in VOA, and have a good sidegrade from emblems. There's no reason not to spend them on the helm, chest or shoulders. However, that said, for the chest, I'd want to have a mark ready to upgrade to 264, until that point Cataclysmic Chestguard is better.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

As I stated in the OP, I have all the other Frost Emblem pieces (I have link to Armoury in OP as well). Gloves of Kracken, Cataclysmic Chestguard, etc. all gotten already.

get the helm first, its a better relative upgrade to you

+ Reply to Thread