+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Viewing Area/ Camera Angle

Viewing Area/ Camera Angle

I frequently watch the TS videos and their viewing area is so much larger than mine. I have a 23" widescreen monitor. I also use the max distance setting, however, based on the room I am in while raiding the view zooms in. For instance, when on the Blood Princes in council my job is to keep up the kinetic bombs. I am zoomed all the way out and can barely see a 1/4 of the room. Not to mention, I am a arcane mage and every time I cast arcane missles, my view is changed and sometimes obstructed by a banner or some other "decoration" in the room. I want to stay zoomed out as far as possible and see the whole playing area like they do in the TS videos. I have scoured the internet to no avail. Anyone have any suggestions? I am no computer genius, but I follow directions well. Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions the community might me able to share.
    Last edited by Andromyda; 04-14-2010 at 12:40 PM.

Just paste these into the game chat box

/script SetCVar("cameraDistanceMax", 25)
    /script SetCVar("cameraDistanceMaxFactor", 2)

You can now scroll out until the toons are tiny and antlike

Keep in mind that when you zoom way out if you're moving the camera it can only go as far as the wall or barrier that exists. If you're in a small room or a large room and zoomed out it can be just as difficult if your view is changing unexpectedly because the camera hit a wall or object. If the camera is against the wall it might get obstructed by decorations or other objects in the environment

Cider and a few others use an addon called CBHViewport which creates a "widescreen" view that is adjustable. I use it and like it a lot.
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

Which happens frequently when my camera is adjusted for arcane missles, or any directly channeled cast. Is there any way to prevent this change in view when casting? Do you think it would help to select "Never change" under camera in the interface options? I just can't see that as a viable option.

where do i get CBHViewport addon?

CBHViewport is over at WowInterface.
    I personally use Viewporter.

http://www.wowace.com/addons/viewporter/

Functionally all these addons do about the same thing. CBH has a little nicer user interface, Viewporter just uses slash commands and is very minimalistic. I'm not sure if CBH supports adjusting the sides as well, just top and bottom. Viewporter lets you adjust all side of the WorldFrame.

Commands are simple enough.

/vp top <size>
    /vp bottom <size>
    /vp right <size>
    /vp left <size>
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

+ Reply to Thread