+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Results 21 to 31 of 31

Thread: DK tank aggro issues

  1. #21
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    4,930
    Quote Originally Posted by Leucifer View Post
    Still, I argue that having the FU pairs as death runes loosens up things
    No no, I totally agree on that. It's something I love about Blood's style, and while I don't think it's a deal-breaker for other specs, I do miss it. This is the same feeling why I love glyph of disease, as it only uses one rune and syncs disease durations, combined with the omni-runes... =)

    Quote Originally Posted by Leucifer View Post
    The healer might not feel the difference, but I guarantee the tank noticed a difference. I did. And it's part of what brought me back to blood spec. My healers were pretty much "OMG.... wtf did you do???" across the board.
    Well, no, the play style is different, the shift in what you do is different, but the healers see what I see as far as damage taken. The main difference is that as Blood you can directly respond to damage taken and prop your health up. It's no mystery, I've pulled logs many times, the healing from Blood makes it feel and appear as if you are taking less damage than the mitigation of Frost or Unholy would allow, but when I've played with Unholy (again, haven't in ICC), I managed to take less damage as Unholy. The trick is that Unholy, like Blood, requires more active involvement in your survival *because* your only talented physical damage is a CD. If you manage it well it is very powerful (by manage well I mean pre-buff and rebuff very sharply). It is pretty labor intensive though to keep everything stacking *and* keep on top of Bone Shield. Power Auras was a big help for that.

    The discomfort of Unholy and why I haven't been itching to play with it in ICC is that while with Blood you *always* have your heals, and Frost *always* has the passive mitigation/avoidance, when Bone Shield is down you don't have any other passive protection. I found the way to make that not an issue was to 1.) play your gear to improve Bone Shield coverage, avoidance goes a long way, and 2.) use trinkets and other CDs to cover the blackouts. Since avoidance goes so far, Chill of the Thrown can feel like it's countermanding your efforts. Combine that with the fact that most people are reluctant to take any avoidance where they could get stam/health or armor, regardless of spec, and you get the idea why Unholy is unpopular and hard to play in ICC. Really I think it is worse in your head than it is in practice if you really play into it, but if you don't like the idea it is probably not fun to play either.


    Quote Originally Posted by Leucifer View Post
    Reaping IS the DRM analogue.... but the return on investment is meh. Rotating that with Desolation to me makes sense, as you're getting a two-for-one in that case..... but on it's own.... it's weak.
    Ha ha, it's not weak, it is utility. If you don't use the utility it is wasted. An extra ScS (or two, if you can save one pair from being broken by Bone Shield refresh) every couple rune sets is hardly weak, like you said, hits like a truck. You can't criticize Reaping and hold up DRM as godly. =P

    Quote Originally Posted by Leucifer View Post
    As for Desecration.... I'll give you that. I just honestly think Chillblains has better value since you're going to pop frost fever and try to drop pestilence as a tank. You'd be crazy not to. Even if you have the base IT, frost fever on it's own still drops attack speed of a mob by 14%.
    No doubt, you will get slows if it is possible from Chillblains. By the same stretch you can get the same out of Desecration as you will be PS/ScS all the time. The difference is not one of universal superiority, is my point, they are just useful in slightly different fashions each with their own style. For Chillblains you get lingering slows with diseases which is easy to cover, but its downside is late joiners, anything that gets missed by diseases, and rolling spawns. That is where Desecration is strongest, since things just have to enter the patches to be slowed. The weakness of Desecration is when you are kiting in a forced pattern, frequently moving away, etc. If you leave the zone you lose the slow. So, each has its strong area and its weak area.

    Quote Originally Posted by Leucifer View Post
    My thoughts on Glyph of Disease is it's a must have for any build, as for any tree all of our abilities benefit from diseases being on target. To be able to refresh diseases on "all" targets for the cost of one rune, you can't beat that value.
    I love it too, but I still won't call it a "must have." More people do without it than people who do, and they're doing just fine. It is a wonderful value for easing disease management, but I find that can be diminished by Frost and Unholy. Unholy has very hard hitting PS *and* IT, while Frost has a zippy IT. The glyph works well enough, but if you're used to not having it you won't notice.

    Quote Originally Posted by Leucifer View Post
    Still, I think we can agree, of the three trees, right now, unholy is the weakest for survival.
    I haven't seen enough to believe that. People have thought that for a while without it being true, I don't think it has seen nearly enough attention to be so sure. I will agree that it *feels* the weakest in concept. All this talk makes me want to go play it out in ICC and see what happens, though. I have a rocking avoidance set on the build at the moment that could probably support it rather well too. I need to get another t10 piece for that set so I can rock the improved DnD with Unholy, that would be fun.

    Quote Originally Posted by Leucifer View Post
    On a final note: how awesome would it be if Blizzard moved Bone Shield, as is, into the new Blood Spec "tank tree"? I doubt it'll happen that way, but wow!
    They were talking about that, though I suspect it was just an idea rather than an already worked out swap. I think they would like to they just need to make sure it isn't imbalanced. I promise if they moved Bone Shield as is to Blood, also left as is? Blood would be pretty much an unstoppable Juggernaut.
    The (Old) Book on Death Knight Tanking
    The New Testament on Death Knight Tanking
    -----------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Horacio View Post
    Who f-ing divided by zero?!?

  2. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Hell
    Posts
    696
    Quote Originally Posted by Satorri View Post
    No no, I totally agree on that. It's something I love about Blood's style, and while I don't think it's a deal-breaker for other specs, I do miss it. This is the same feeling why I love glyph of disease, as it only uses one rune and syncs disease durations, combined with the omni-runes... =)
    yup yup!

    Quote Originally Posted by Satorri View Post
    Well, no, the play style is different, the shift in what you do is different, but the healers see what I see as far as damage taken. The main difference is that as Blood you can directly respond to damage taken and prop your health up. It's no mystery, I've pulled logs many times, the healing from Blood makes it feel and appear as if you are taking less damage than the mitigation of Frost or Unholy would allow, but when I've played with Unholy (again, haven't in ICC), I managed to take less damage as Unholy. The trick is that Unholy, like Blood, requires more active involvement in your survival *because* your only talented physical damage is a CD. If you manage it well it is very powerful (by manage well I mean pre-buff and rebuff very sharply). It is pretty labor intensive though to keep everything stacking *and* keep on top of Bone Shield. Power Auras was a big help for that.
    I'd agree. Unholy is a much more "proactive" tank build. You need to keep one step ahead. Unholy is also "monster" at dealing with magic damage. AMZ in some spots is just wicked fun. I'd also agree that is it a bit mopre labor intensive in some ways. It's NOT as far as AoE agg. You can crank out the diseases and just watch stuff stick to you. Survival with the unholy tank, yeah.... I'll buy in with that idea.

    Quote Originally Posted by Satorri View Post
    The discomfort of Unholy and why I haven't been itching to play with it in ICC is that while with Blood you *always* have your heals, and Frost *always* has the passive mitigation/avoidance, when Bone Shield is down you don't have any other passive protection.
    Hence, why I believe it is the weakest. If you can't survive.... you can't keep up aggro.

    Quote Originally Posted by Satorri View Post
    I found the way to make that not an issue was to 1.) play your gear to improve Bone Shield coverage, avoidance goes a long way, and 2.) use trinkets and other CDs to cover the blackouts.
    If you're a tank and you're not trying to increase your avoidance... something's wrong. Actively trying to increase your avoidance with gems/chants/ whatnot... is a bit of a different matter. Even then, there's only so far you can go with it without paying a price in other aspects of performance. As for #2.... damn. You got me there. Hadn't really thought of that. Then again... my trink selection is meh.

    Quote Originally Posted by Satorri View Post
    Since avoidance goes so far, Chill of the Thrown can feel like it's countermanding your efforts.
    Again, really feel it hurts DK tanks a lot.

    Quote Originally Posted by Satorri View Post
    Combine that with the fact that most people are reluctant to take any avoidance where they could get stam/health or armor, regardless of spec, and you get the idea why Unholy is unpopular and hard to play in ICC. Really I think it is worse in your head than it is in practice if you really play into it, but if you don't like the idea it is probably not fun to play either.
    Not so sure about that. It's just that stacking stam gives better bang-for-the-buck.... well, emotionally anyways. Seeing that I have an extra 0.5% dodge and parry isn't as rewarding as seeing that I have another 1000 health on my bar. And again, if you throw everything into increasing avoidance (which was directly nerfed), what other tank-benefits are you missing out on? Is that 1% avoidance boost worth the loss of health? We could argue and say, yeah, over the course of the fight it is. Problem is.... RNG. Having 1000k more health is something that is "tangible".... whereas with avoidance... I'm still dealing with RNG and "hoping that luck goes my way". It's an emotional thing, or at least largely so.

    Quote Originally Posted by Satorri View Post
    Ha ha, it's not weak, it is utility. If you don't use the utility it is wasted. An extra ScS (or two, if you can save one pair from being broken by Bone Shield refresh) every couple rune sets is hardly weak, like you said, hits like a truck. You can't criticize Reaping and hold up DRM as godly. =P
    Ok. Economically, it's weak. 3 talent points for..... up to 2 death runes versus..... 3 talent points for up to 4 (and two with each proc!). Yeah.... it can be enough to allow that bone shield to be refreshed. DRM isn't "godly", but I believe it to be a better return on investment.... especially for where it sits in the tree.

    Quote Originally Posted by Satorri View Post
    No doubt, you will get slows if it is possible from Chillblains. By the same stretch you can get the same out of Desecration as you will be PS/ScS all the time. The difference is not one of universal superiority, is my point, they are just useful in slightly different fashions each with their own style. For Chillblains you get lingering slows with diseases which is easy to cover, but its downside is late joiners, anything that gets missed by diseases, and rolling spawns. That is where Desecration is strongest, since things just have to enter the patches to be slowed. The weakness of Desecration is when you are kiting in a forced pattern, frequently moving away, etc. If you leave the zone you lose the slow. So, each has its strong area and its weak area.
    Valid points. I still think this ability is more geared towards PvP as a nice tool to slow down players from either getting away from you... or to slow down rogues from getting behind you time and again. Good points though.

    Quote Originally Posted by Satorri View Post
    I love it too, but I still won't call it a "must have." More people do without it than people who do, and they're doing just fine. It is a wonderful value for easing disease management, but I find that can be diminished by Frost and Unholy. Unholy has very hard hitting PS *and* IT, while Frost has a zippy IT. The glyph works well enough, but if you're used to not having it you won't notice.
    I'd also argue that a lot of people don't play the class very well. And yeah, I'd agree... it's less of an issue for the frost build which hinges more around frost fever and can probably work fine without blood plague. I'd say for unholy, it's got great value because it reduces the amount of labor involved in running that spec. Oh.... that and it ties in directly with that Reaping talent so well. I'd personally advise any tank that they should strongly consider it unless they have a plan as to how to keep diseases rolling on targets and feel comfortable with managing their resources a little more tightly.

    Quote Originally Posted by Satorri View Post
    I haven't seen enough to believe that. People have thought that for a while without it being true, I don't think it has seen nearly enough attention to be so sure. I will agree that it *feels* the weakest in concept. All this talk makes me want to go play it out in ICC and see what happens, though. I have a rocking avoidance set on the build at the moment that could probably support it rather well too. I need to get another t10 piece for that set so I can rock the improved DnD with Unholy, that would be fun.
    Well, I'd love to know what you find if you do try it.
    Part of the problem, I'd agree, is the reluctance to give the build a try. Especially in ICC where the pressure is on for the tank TO SUCCEED and not be just "testing a build". Depends on the guild/group you have and if they're up for a little experimentation. The improved DnD with the t10 set has got to be sweet, but honestly, with the unholy tank builds I've tried.... the diseases themselves become the workhorse. I really think that the t10 set DnD improvement was a slight "nod" to the blood spec tank.
    Still, I'd love to hear what you find out.

    Quote Originally Posted by Satorri View Post
    They were talking about that, though I suspect it was just an idea rather than an already worked out swap. I think they would like to they just need to make sure it isn't imbalanced. I promise if they moved Bone Shield as is to Blood, also left as is? Blood would be pretty much an unstoppable Juggernaut.
    Yeah. I think it was just an idea tossed out as to how they might shift talents from one tree to another to make the blood tree "the" tank spec. Oh yeah.... if it were kept intact and the blood tree was kept intact also.... it'd make for one REALLY hard to kill DK. Think.... BS is up... that drops.... pop IBF.... throw in Vampiric Blood after that..... maybe Rune Tap....after a minute is up... pop bone shield again. And if you managed to get past all that, you'd still have WotN to back you up.
    I think that would DEFINITELY put the DK in the same sweet spot the pally tank sits in currently.

    Now to end the interminably long post......... lol
    No one tanks in a void.........

  3. #23
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    4,930
    Chill of the Thrown hurts all tanks the same. You could argue that Unholy takes it a little harder than the other class/specs, but in reality the loss of avoidance is 90-95% the increase in damage taken from having less avoidance, and the remainder is its effect on Bone Shield. Remember, Bone Shield only ever affects the same number of hits by design, the way affects more is when hits stack up on top of each other. Really that doesn't change as much as you'd think with Unholy. Quicker stripping also comes from taking faster swings, which is another element of the design on a fair amount of ICC.

    Psychologically, Bone Shield is more uncomfortable when you see that it isn't on, but the functional effect is less than you might think.

    And yes, slows are aimed at PvP, all of them. There are places where it helps, but not many tanks actually spec into them for all the places they don't work (combined with the stringent point spending we usually see to get the most appealing talents for raw buffing rather than utility).
    The (Old) Book on Death Knight Tanking
    The New Testament on Death Knight Tanking
    -----------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Horacio View Post
    Who f-ing divided by zero?!?

  4. #24
    To be fair before I bit the bullet and specced Blood to get comfortable with timing my selfheals (a concept I absolutely adore) to get prepared for Cata early on, I did a lot of fiddling to get Unholy to work well.

    I learned the following simple rules:
    - You have neither the +Mitigation of Frost nor the +HP of Blood. Be aware of that, there's nothing you can do about it.
    - You have nothing you can stack against Will of the Necropolis or Acclimation, which are both potentially fight-deciding in the right situations. This is the biggest issue, you lack a deep tree tanking talent.
    - For proper AE threat you need to maintain a higher critchance than other tanks so you need to actively see about using Crit/Sta gems for yellow sockets if the bonus is worth it, or using a +crit weapon.
    - Bone Shield. Misused, it's virtually useless.
    + 6% Magical Mitigation. At Sindragosa, Lana'thel or BPC, you laugh at the feedbly 2% allmitigation and the 3% HP Frost respectively Blood have. Oh and then you pop your 100% AMS avoiding debuffs entirely since the whole damage got soaked.
    + AMZ. Used wrong, it's another AMS. Used right it absorbs ~105k damage at Festergut at Pungent Blight, a lot lot more if things go bad and you actually use it to save people.
    + AE threat? 20% setbonus to DnD + 25% extrascaling + potentiall the glyph. After speccing to Blood I felt like I may as well not try to AE tank, the difference makes blood look extremely pitiful (though I got used to it and manage fine now). This gets better once you have 25%+ raidbuffed crit and your Wandering Plague kicks in.
    + Single target threat? Yes, Frost hits better with Icy Shieldslam, but yours is only slightly behind it. Again, +25% scaling works wonders.
    + Bone Shield. Properly used it beats VB and UA.


    So yeah, I suppose all in all Unholy is "the weakest" tanking tree.
    But not by much, and you need to keep perspective.

    Your primary decisionmaker should always be your raid's needs, do they need 10% AP, Windfury or CoE? Well then your spec is already laid out in front of you. ^_^
    If not and you are free to choose, for some magic-heavy fights or fights where the killing damage is magical, Unholy beats the other two specs more often than not, 6% passive reduction, better AMS, additional AMZ.

    If you're having aggro issues, modern Unholy may be an idea. Icy Touch and DnD hit so unbelievably hard with +25% scaling, it changes a lot of things. And that's before you notice Necrosis works off Rune Strikes. <3 <3
    Last edited by KnThrak; 04-25-2010 at 03:58 AM. Reason: Spelling
    SQUEAK.
    -- (The Death of Rats, Terry Pratchett, Soul Music)

  5. #25
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Posts
    2
    anyone tried dropping scourge strike(along with related talents) as unholy and just use glyphed death strike for fu pairs? works wonders for me but i am limited to heroics and occasional 10men. this is the only build i could use to actually carry bad groups with my gear - t9 + skeleton key and 5m drops
    Last edited by Azzazello; 04-26-2010 at 02:35 AM.

  6. #26
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    4,930
    Quote Originally Posted by KnThrak View Post
    - You have nothing you can stack against Will of the Necropolis or Acclimation, which are both potentially fight-deciding in the right situations. This is the biggest issue, you lack a deep tree tanking talent.

    + 6% Magical Mitigation. At Sindragosa, Lana'thel or BPC, you laugh at the feedbly 2% allmitigation and the 3% HP Frost respectively Blood have. Oh and then you pop your 100% AMS avoiding debuffs entirely since the whole damage got soaked.

    for some magic-heavy fights or fights where the killing damage is magical, Unholy beats the other two specs more often than not, 6% passive reduction, better AMS, additional AMZ.
    You kind of contradict yourself here, but end up in the right place. I assume you mean there is no 9th tier 3 pt survival talent? Magic Suppression + AMZ can trump Acclimation in some situations if you use it well, like you pointed out. Just because you don't have the talent in the bottom of the tree isn't particularly meaningful. I have generally lamented that Unholy has *no* other physical survival tools than Bone Shield (beyond the standard 4 1st tier talents).

    Acclimation is a powerhouse against fights with a constant flux of magic damage. Sindragosa is the sort of fight is shines on because it is pretty easy to keep stacked, and a full stack is ludicrous damage reduction against that frost damage (albeit hard to gauge). Unholy has a strong baseline with 6% reduction (matching the other 3 tank classes), but it excels at burst scenarios with both its suped up AMS and AMZ.

    Also, I would go so far as to say even a misused Bone Shield is nothing wasteful, so long as you actually use it, which is where it can lose effectiveness.

    Quote Originally Posted by KnThrak View Post
    - For proper AE threat you need to maintain a higher critchance than other tanks so you need to actively see about using Crit/Sta gems for yellow sockets if the bonus is worth it, or using a +crit weapon.
    A bit over-stated. You benefit from Crit if you use Wandering Plague, yes, and getting more is nice to that end. You do not *need* it, and you don't actually even *need* Wandering Plague to do fine AoE threat. Diseases with a fully buffed DnD, even before the 2 pc set bonus is fine.

    Quote Originally Posted by KnThrak View Post
    + Bone Shield. Properly used it beats VB and UA.
    Also over-stated. I've done a lot of math on this. If you gauge based on healing saved (i.e. reducing how much healing you need to counter the damage taken to mark them all on an even field), Vamp Blood always tends to win out in total effect, but it doesn't do so by reducing damage taken which is its vulnerability and why, I expect, it has that slight scale benefit. Unbreakable Armor is a more powerful CD than most give it credit for, but it tends to be the smallest total effect of the three just behind Bone Shield. The thing is they are each unique.

    Vamp Blood buffs your health (increased margin from death) and increases the effect of each heal. Thus less healing input is required to keep the tank alive through the same level of damage. It also double buffs most of the Blood tanks most powerful self-heals, nomnom.

    Unbreakable Armor, in the same vein as the Frost tree, is a strong, unwavering, passive survival buff. More reduction from armor, more avoidance from Strength. The net effect isn't as powerful on each hit as a Bone Shield reduction, but it has guaranteed coverage, making it comfortable to use with minimal attention.

    Bone Shield *can* have a very generous damage reduction, provided the player is smart and sharp on pre-buffing and refreshing it. It is balanced up from UA, I am fairly certain, *because* it requires player attention to maximize. Most abilities that can scale from negligible/non-existent to fully powered depending on how the player uses it are balanced to a slightly higher budget to allow for players to be human and not get the best possible outcome. The trick with Bone Shield is that it only ever soaks 4 periods of damage (as many hits as you can squeeze into 2 sec, basically). If you're up against trash, this is golden. If you are up against a single opponent it can be fairly limited unless you're dealing with multiple stacked hits. Shining examples include Hodir's Frozen Blows, Gormok's Impale stacking with melee, and potentially the joys of say tanking Valanar and Taldaram (if their swings are in phase) while eating the damage flying around the room. If you're dealing with bosses that just smack you or stop swinging to do their specials, Bone Shield is moderate and predictable in scale (4 hits, though Festergut actually gets good value out of it, albeit shorter, when his swings are fastest as multiple hits will land in the consumption ICD).


    Quote Originally Posted by Azzazello View Post
    anyone tried dropping scourge strike(along with related talents) as unholy and just use glyphed death strike for fu pairs?
    Even glyphed, without Imp DS it will hit quite weakly compared to ScS. Combine that with the fact that you have many talents in Unholy that specifically buff ScS and it is just not a good match. That isn't to say it's never worth DS'ing as Unholy, you can still get a nice 15% heal out of it, but it will never be worth comparable threat, except possibly by strong effective healing. To that end I wouldn't bother with buffing the damage (you can spend glyphs to get more total damage benefit elsewhere rather than buffing a weak hit just to make it a little less weak).

    If you want to use DS more often in place of ScS, I'd suggest finding a threat buffing glyph that buffs a strength, rather than a weakness, and just accept that you will lose a fair amount of threat if you don't get good effective healing from the hit.
    The (Old) Book on Death Knight Tanking
    The New Testament on Death Knight Tanking
    -----------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Horacio View Post
    Who f-ing divided by zero?!?

  7. #27
    Hrm, I had the experience with Unholy that until I took Wandering Plague and hit ~25% raidbuffed crit, my AE threat was so/so-ish. Certainly not bad, but nothing better than Blood had and slightly weaker than Frost by direct comparison against someone's alt who had similar gear to mine.

    Then I got WP, and also changed some yellow sockets I was filling anyways to Crit/Sta from Hit/Sta, and got a weapon which had a ton of +crit (the Citadel Enforcer's), and all of a sudden my AE threat started motoring compared to the other specs.

    Granted I suspect the thing is that without WP I am balanced against them so ofc once I add it and have crit to make it work, I win out, always.

    Still it was a very noticeable effect I did not foresee before I had the talent.



    Oh and on the note of Tier9: Yes, exactly that.
    I consider AMZ roughly equivalent to Rune Tap - not in power, not in use, but in value to the tree as a whole. Both need four talents and the other three do still benefit you, indirectly with Rune Tap by beefing up the Tap further, directly with Magic Absorbtion.

    But this still leaves WotN vs Acc vs <nothing>. Not that I truly mind, I think Unholy works, but it's a weird little design inconsistency because on a meta-talent-level, the tree-setups aren't all that different.
    SQUEAK.
    -- (The Death of Rats, Terry Pratchett, Soul Music)

  8. #28
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    4,930
    No doubt though, Wandering Plague is loverly for AoE threat. It does give crit nice bonus value. If nothing else it lets your diseases crit, essentially, and that is a decent buff (Unholy diseases could be some 6-10% of your total threat, so buffing that with crit chance in raids will add 8-16% to that, so figure ~1-1.5% increased threat on single targets). Where it really shines is scaling not from your crit chance but from the number of things you are tanking. The more you tank the heavier the damage becomes as every tick of each disease will not just crit, but the crits explode. So the more targets you have the more ticks and the more procs you see exploding. It has always been one of my favorite talents in concept, I was always disappointed at the value for tanking because we have low crit chance and get no other real benefit from stacking crit (unlike Bears, /envy).

    I only meant though that there is no magical turning point in your own crit, every bit of crit should be roughly the same value as the last. High crit *and* high head count, though? It's comical.

    I suppose it is all moot now, but if they had tried to carry on 3 tank trees, I definitely would've had a campaign going to add some other physical mitigation to Unholy, perhaps something that triggers when Bone Shield falls off, something that raises the baseline when it isn't up. It is not a nice feeling to be vulnerable when you don't have Bone Shield up (though like I said previously, it's a worse psychological issue than a functional one).
    The (Old) Book on Death Knight Tanking
    The New Testament on Death Knight Tanking
    -----------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Horacio View Post
    Who f-ing divided by zero?!?

  9. #29
    Join Date
    Feb 2010
    Location
    Hell
    Posts
    696
    All I can say on Unholy AoE is this:

    Frost Fever + Blood Plague + Ebon Plaguebringer + Impurity + Black Ice + Wandering Plague + Glyph of Icy Touch + Glyph of Disease + Glyph of Pestilence = PURE FREAKING AWESOME

    That's five smileys (stars) for just how sick that combination is.
    Try it sometime if you have a little spare gold.
    No one tanks in a void.........

  10. #30
    Join Date
    Oct 2008
    Posts
    4,930
    Ha ha ha, I love it too, especially if you can get a bunch of stuff. Take those geist pulls in the Plague wing? Ha ha ha ha MASSIVESPLOSION!
    The (Old) Book on Death Knight Tanking
    The New Testament on Death Knight Tanking
    -----------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Horacio View Post
    Who f-ing divided by zero?!?

  11. #31
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Posts
    396
    AHHHH the geist pulls. LOVE IT!! As a frost tank on those pulls, I've personally hit about 15-18k dps with timing KM procs and freezing fog procs even without the t10 2pc set bonus or glyph. I personally love power auras addon for the timing of KM and freezing fog procs. I have to say thats about the highlight of the raid session. Along the same lines of the geist in the plague wing are the many many whelps in ony.
    Last edited by uglie; 04-30-2010 at 02:45 AM.

+ Reply to Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts