Thread: putricide hardmode 25

putricide hardmode 25

i need some help : - on putricide 25 hardmode on transition phase if you have the green debuff and you dps the green ooze , the orange ooze can target and chase you ?

simply put, yes.

|TGM UI |Fury Warrior Guide | How To Use Landsoul's Spreadsheet| The Numbers Game |
    "I am an elitist; I will never accept mediocrity and I openly show no respect for stupidity"

The tooltip is a lie, we've seen it happen twice, where you are targeted by the opposing color. We've even had the 1% oppurtunity of seeing what happens when 2 oozes select the exact same target.

Quote Originally Posted by Casper7526 View Post
    The tooltip is a lie, we've seen it happen twice, where you are targeted by the opposing color. We've even had the 1% oppurtunity of seeing what happens when 2 oozes select the exact same target.
    Actually much more than 1%. With 25 people, it's a 1/25 chance, thus 4%. For the 10man, it happened to us fairly frequently while learning the fight. We've been able to deal with it most of the time, as we don't slow the green ooze, making kiting still feasible.

No the 1% chance is when Bob gets targeted by both slimes at the exact same time. Technically it would be what 1/25x1/25, idk I'm not good with the whole math thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Casper7526 View Post
    No the 1% chance is when Bob gets targeted by both slimes at the exact same time. Technically it would be what 1/25x1/25, idk I'm not good with the whole math thing.
    No. They're independent events.

Look at it this way:
    - The Green Ooze targets person X.
    - The probably that the orange ooze targets person X is 1/25 = 4%.

It doesn't matter who person X is. You can draw up a probability tree and see the same results.

The probability that Raider #1 gets targeted by both oozes is 1/25*1/25 (or .16%). But there are 25 raiders, so the probability that ANY raider gets targeted by a both oozes is the summation of the individual chances... .16*25 = 4%.

View it as rolling dice. The odds of 2 dice landing on the same thing is 1/6. Whatever the first die lands on, the second must land on. Instead, we have two 25-sided dice. Whatever the first die lands on, the second must land on.

And this is why I leave it to you guys to theorycraft actual numbers!