+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Looking for addon: Make raid marks bigger

Looking for addon: Make raid marks bigger

I don't know if such a thing is possible. But for our 25 man, we have one raid member marking themself as the collapse point for when the valkyrs are about to spawn. So we can control which way they go. I am having a very difficult time seeing this raid member and with this spot often changing, it's vital that the person is visible...

Does anyone know if such an addon is possible and if so, is there one out there?

Image: http://img215.imageshack.us/i/picture12l.png/ Our raid member is marked with the star..
    Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pR137I8VJAQ Approximately 3 minutes in.

As you can see, very difficult to see the raid member marked.

Not quite the solution you are looking for, but with a primarily blue room, wouldn't an orange circle mark stand out better?

Orange circle is being used by DXE to mark the valkyr spawns for our rogues to stun.

You want to increase the scale of raid icons on the WorldFrame?
    Might be a name plate mod out there that can do it but I can't think of any off the top of my head (they generally focus on just the name plate itself, not the icon).
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

The graphics for the symbols are available to the UI which allows for those easy-marking addons, but the actual raid icons that appear over a marked target are owned by the 3D world and are inaccessible to addons.
    Got a question? Try here: Evil Empire Guides and here: Tankspot Guides and Articles Library first!

Name plates are also owned by the WorldFrame yet those can be altered.
    Simple test. Does Alt+Z hide raid icons on the WorldFrame? If they are hidden, they should be accessible. Not saying it would be easy though.

Reason being is that some region triggered an inherited Hide() function to hide it when Alt+Z was fired. If the icon is hidden then it inherits from the UIObject Region class.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

+ Reply to Thread