+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Changing to prot at 80

Changing to prot at 80

Ive been playing an fury warrior for quite some time now and ive wanted to change to prot spec as my os.
    Ive already gotten full t9 for dps and other loot from the instances. So any advice on getting loot from ToC or higher and any of the new badge gear. Also ive checked the other guides but they mostly have gear for starting tanks that come from quests and such that ive already done or is that still a good place to start?

Toronto, Ontario. (I understand I play an EU server.)
    Corroded Skeleton key = every tank's dream. It was my first piece that I got. Uhm, get the cape/belt/2 set bonus. It's all up to you. Get what will benefit you the most.

Gear is so easy to get now with the triumph badges. The trink is nice and so is the belt from frosts. You can deck yourself out pretty cheaply just thru triumph badges head, chest, legs, and hands. the neck is a 226 from badges. go big and get the boots made of kingly upheaval and there is alot of gear you can get from running FOS, POS and HOR.

Good luck.. i'm loving tanking on my warrior. now.. its a fricking snap.. wish i had more time.

I would get the off set pieces first. Be it for frost or for triumph. While the frost badge trinket is nice, it's not 60 badges nice. I'd rather save those badges for purchase of saronite and get the leggins/boots crafted ASAP. Make the T10 set pieces your second priority. You are after survival. While the T10 4pc set bonus is nice, it's not nice enough when compared to the survivability difference between a ilvl251 set piece and an awesome ilvl264 off set piece.

Also you will want to make the frost badge belt and cloak your first priority. The choices for those outside of raids are not that big. The rest you can get from running instances. Apart from a shield. There you have to run normal HoR for a decent one.

SIMON DE MONTFORT, EARL OF LEICESTER
    pioneer of representative government who was
    killed in the Battle of Evesham on 4 August 1265.

+ Reply to Thread