+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Check me if I'm wrong....but 1 pc mage armor = 1 month?

Check me if I'm wrong....but 1 pc mage armor = 1 month?

I'm talking about the frost armor pieces, they are 95 and 60 frost each. Unless I'm missing something, you can make 2 frost a day, but one day a week you can make a total of 7. Right?

So the Bloodmage armor would take me about 21 weeks or 4 months to aquire? (Granted, I have one piece, just checking my facts and math.)

THEN I could try to get the Sanctifed Bloodmage stuff, which I don't understand at all.

ICC drops badges as well assuming 4 runs (10 man 25 man and their herioc counterparts) you can get fully geared if you clear them all in about a month and a half.

No, heroic and normal are mutually exclusive.

I can't get into ICC to get what I need because everyone says my DPS is too low. I can't get my DPS up without better gear, and the only gear that is better seems to be frost or in ICC.

Reminds me of back in the day, no job no experience, no exp no job.

Thats always a funny cycle. Can i get an armory Link? There may be upgrades to be had in ToC or even off truimph (just LFD while you daily)

EDIT: Havent had a chance to run herioc Back from BC didnt know they locked eachother out)

Quote Originally Posted by Liltuscany View Post
    I can't get into ICC to get what I need because everyone says my DPS is too low.
    This is related to your other thread, the stuff about PvP gear and such.

I'll try to be brief: people got the DPS needed to get into ICC without needing gear from ICC.

They accomplished this by not using PvP gear. You can pick up the PvE tier 9 gear, which costs triumph emblems, which you get from doing heroics (don't downgrade frost emblems! Just do a few heroics on whatever day you can play, don't just stop at one), and some PvE drops from the ICC5-man heroics (forge of souls, pit of saron, halls of reflection).

Please trust me on this: the gear may not look as good to you, but it really, really is better for PvE.

You can get ilvl 245 gear from Emblems of Triumph which you can get from farming heroics. I've got a druid I levelled up as balance and in 3 days play time i've got enough gear to put me mid meters on 25-man ICC runs now.

I am trying to understand ;0)

I am for example, comparing my current helm and the available triumph helm and my helm looks better. My current chest gear looks better too. So I appreciate hearing that the triumph gear is better, but if I switch these two, am I then going to be better DPS and get into ICC? It just doesn't look so to me.

PS I did "Find Random Lich King Heroic" all day yesterday (literally) and the day before. I got two things that dropped and looked better than mine. One, I then replaced with Talisman Of Resurgence.

Yeah, try gear progression instead of just looking at the frost badge gear.

Every heroic you do rewards triumph badges. Triumph badges can be spent to get gear. VoA is doable with a relatively modest amount of DPS, and awards more badges and gear. There's more raids out there then just ICC, you should consider trying them. Heroics themselves have varying qualities of gear, check what's available there. Lastly, there's a wide variety of buyable gear available.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahmal
    ...there is no true progression for a casual anymore, just hand outs.

You are definitely geared enough to run ICC10/ICC25. As long as you can put out 5k DPS in ICC10 or 7k in ICC25 no one should give you any grief. If you can't pull those numbers than you probably should take a look at how you're managing your abilities / rotation.

That being said you definitely want to find PVE replacements for that PVP gear, all that resilience and stamina is wasted itemization. Either run TOC 25 or just try to get in on ICC 10 runs and pick up ilevel 251 gear.

If you don't go into ICC you can only get 19 frost badges a week (2 a day + Raid Weekly). If you clear the first wing of ICC 10 (pretty easy to do nowadays with the buff) you'll get an extra 8 badges a week (+5 more if you get lucky with the random Deathwhisper / Frost Giant raid quest). If you can pug the first wing of ICC25 in addition to that, you'll get another 8-13 badges. You can get another 4 frost badges per week if you run VOA 10/25 to kill Toravon.

The only way to get the 264 tier gear (sanctified) is from a token that drops off wing bosses (Saurfang, Putricide, Blood-Queen etc) in 25 and use it to upgrade your 251 tier gear you buy from the vendor.

I am trying to understand ;0)

...but if I switch these two, am I then going to be better DPS and get into ICC? It just doesn't look so to me.
    That's what I'm saying, and that's what people are trying to tell you in the other thread, and they're speaking from personal experience. The reasons behind this were explained, although perhaps not in a way that made sense to you. I'll send you a PM in a bit and try to explain it in better detail.

I'm talking about the frost armor pieces, they are 95 and 60 frost each. Unless I'm missing something, you can make 2 frost a day, but one day a week you can make a total of 7. Right?

So the Bloodmage armor would take me about 21 weeks or 4 months to aquire? (Granted, I have one piece, just checking my facts and math.)

THEN I could try to get the Sanctifed Bloodmage stuff, which I don't understand at all.
    You are still wearing PvP pants. PvP gear is about survivability for PvP, not dps for PvE. Get the Tier 9 pants, or have some crafted for you. You can change out your chest and bracers for the crafted Merlin's Robe and Bejeweled Wizard's Bracers. Other than that, sling spells at a target dummy, until you know your rotation. Read up on the rotation.

Badges/week without going to ICC: 7x 2/daily= 14; 5 for weekly raid; 2 from Toravon 10 man (VoA) and 2 from Toravon (25 man) = 23 frosties/week
    I'm an alt-oholic. I'm ok with that.
    http://warcraftid.com/card/170/n/73a...f/sholozar.jpg

I do search the AH and have had trouble finding better gear, unless it's a zillion gold. (For example, sandals of consecration) I just do random heroic finder, is that bad? I thought you got more badges that way. Any raids in particular, Martie?

I hate to sound like a total dolt, but what do you mean when you say "try gear progression instead of just looking at the frost badge gear."??

I guess I am trying to find exactly what I should get. I thought if I worked toward everything the cloth vendor in DALA sold, I would be on track. But I thought that about the one up from the Dala portals, and have been told I had been buying the wrong stuff.

I just need a shopping list of what to get and where. Don't laugh, it's how my mind works. I'm trying to train it differently, but when you have kids and spend most of your money at Walmart, it's really a physical thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Skyborn View Post
    You are definitely geared enough to run ICC10/ICC25. As long as you can put out 5k DPS in ICC10 or 7k in ICC25 no one should give you any grief. If you can't pull those numbers than you probably should take a look at how you're managing your abilities / rotation.

That being said you definitely want to find PVE replacements for that PVP gear, all that resilience and stamina is wasted itemization. Either run TOC 25 or just try to get in on ICC 10 runs and pick up ilevel 251 gear.

If you don't go into ICC you can only get 19 frost badges a week (2 a day + Raid Weekly). If you clear the first wing of ICC 10 (pretty easy to do nowadays with the buff) you'll get an extra 8 badges a week (+5 more if you get lucky with the random Deathwhisper / Frost Giant raid quest). If you can pug the first wing of ICC25 in addition to that, you'll get another 8-13 badges. You can get another 4 frost badges per week if you run VOA 10/25 to kill Toravon.

The only way to get the 264 tier gear (sanctified) is from a token that drops off wing bosses (Saurfang, Putricide, Blood-Queen etc) in 25 and use it to upgrade your 251 tier gear you buy from the vendor.

PLEASE help I know I am being a pita, but I hit those dummies and use all my trinkets and such, have my mirror image out and use food and potions, I still get a DPS of 3,800. I know, I suck, but WHY??? I ask folks about their rotation and it's just arc blast 4 x and then arc barrage.

Cata....agreed, my only thing to get on my list for sure, asap, is the Khadgar's Leggings Of Conquest. Everything else is frost.

Quote Originally Posted by Bashal View Post
    That's what I'm saying, and that's what people are trying to tell you in the other thread, and they're speaking from personal experience. The reasons behind this were explained, although perhaps not in a way that made sense to you. I'll send you a PM in a bit and try to explain it in better detail.
    Thanks, I would appreciate that.

PLEASE help I know I am being a pita, but I hit those dummies and use all my trinkets and such, have my mirror image out and use food and potions, I still get a DPS of 3,800. I know, I suck, but WHY??? I ask folks about their rotation and it's just arc blast 4 x and then arc barrage.
    You don't have full raid buffs. That will significantly help your dps. Change out the purple gems in your gear for pure Runed Cardinal Ruby. +5 SP isn't worth the socket bonus. Read mage threads at EJ, etc.
    I'm an alt-oholic. I'm ok with that.
    http://warcraftid.com/card/170/n/73a...f/sholozar.jpg

@ Liltuscany: Unfortunately I don't have a mage so I can't give you specific advice, but maybe someone else who plays an arcane mage will see this thread and give you some pointers. DPS on dummies isn't a great reflection of what you'll do in a raid setting though, so don't be discouraged. Have you run a Trial of the Crusader raid recently? A raid setting with buffs from other players will greatly increase your DPS and give you an idea of what you would pull in ICC. Although now with the 10% buff to damage done in ICC, your numbers will be even higher.

+ Reply to Thread