+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What enchants should I be using on a ret pally?

What enchants should I be using on a ret pally?

I have beserker on my weapon and thats about it for enchants, i havent done anything with the rest of my gear because im clueless to which i need/should have.

STR if you can get it (only one i know of is the +10 all stats to chest)

AP everywhere else

grab exp or hit if you're under the hit/exp caps. AP AP AP.

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Toronto, Ontario. (I understand I play an EU server.)
    As the above poster said, STR if you can. If not Ap. There are +20 STR Gems too if you were wondering.

and 23 haste to cloak

This is what I use:
    Head: Arcanum of Torment (Requires exalted with Knights of the Ebon Blade)
    Shoulders: Greater Inscription of the Axe (Exalted with Sons of Hordir)
    Cloak: Major Agility
    Chest: Powerful Stats
    Wrists: Greater Assault
    Weapon: Berserking
    Hands: Crusher
    Waist: Eternal Belt Buckle (adds a prismatic gem slot)
    Legs: Icescale Leg Armor
    Feet: Greater Assault

These may change depending on your professions and reputations but from all the research I've done these are the best
    These will also change if you are under hit cap

For your boots Cat's Swiftness, 8% faster moving out of fire means getting back to dps faster.

Gemming is a whole nother animal. There are really 2 options

1st option: You have less than 2 Blue Sockets over all your gear which will lead to a socket bonus of +6 strength or greater on that piece:

Your meta should be: Relentless Earthsiege Diamond.

Now in whichever piece of Armor that has a blue socket with the most strength bonus, socket a Nightmare Tear, then fill the rest of the sockets in that piece with either an Inscribed Ametrine for a yellow slot or a Bold Cardinal Ruby for a red, if you don't have a blue socketed item with +strength put the Nightmare tear in the Eternal Belt Buckle Socket.

For the rest of the blue sockets, ignore them and stick a Bold Cardinal Ruby in them.

For the Yellow Sockets, if the bonus is > +4 Strength then use Inscribed Ametrine otherwise ignore the color and use a Bold Cardinal Ruby.

All remaining Sockets get a Bold Cardinal Ruby.

2nd Option: you have a piece of gear with 2 Blue sockets with > +12 Strength (don't know if this exists though) or you have 2 or more Pieces of Armor with Blue Sockets that have Socket Bonuses of > +6 Strength each

Your meta should be: Chaotic Skyflare Diamond

Now in whichever piece of Armor that has a blue socket with the most strength bonus, socket a Nightmare Tear, if there's any other blue sockets in that piece fill them with a Sovereign Dreadstone, fill the rest of the sockets in that piece with either an Inscribed Ametrine for a yellow slot or a Bold Cardinal Ruby for a red.

If there's a second piece with > +6 Strength with a Blue Socket follow the above replacing the Nightmare Tear (you can only have 1 prismatic) with a Sovereign Dreadstone.

For the rest of the blue sockets, ignore them and stick a Bold Cardinal Ruby in them.

For the Yellow Sockets, if the bonus is > +4 Strength, use Inscribed Ametrine otherwise ignore the color and use a Bold Cardinal Ruby.

All remaining Sockets get a Bold Cardinal Ruby.

I'm pretty sure this will get you the most DPS, sorry if it's a little confusing. Please feel free anyone to improve on this in any area I may be wrong.
    Last edited by jmbupp; 04-20-2010 at 10:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinytankz View Post
    For your boots Cat's Swiftness, 8% faster moving out of fire means getting back to dps faster.
    Most Ret pallies (if not all, and some prot) spec into "Pursuit of Justice" which is a 15% movement speed increase, other speed enchants do not stack with this talent. Icewalker on boots if you need the hit, AP if you don't, rocket boots if you're an engineer.

Cat's Swiftness only if you don't have Pursuit of Justice!!!

+ Reply to Thread