+ Reply to Thread

Thread: The Weekly Marmot -- Cataclysm Class Previews

The Weekly Marmot -- Cataclysm Class Previews

It's just a jump to the left...

two comments on tankspot
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciderhelm View Post
    Do you want me to cast Lifebloom inside you?

first

edit: damn

Quote Originally Posted by Petninja View Post
    It's just a jump to the left...
    And then a step to the ri-i-i-ight!

its Heroism for ally

I do not recognize this bloodlust you speak of.....
    There is something so appealing about backhanding someone across the face with a shield.

As soon as I heard "causes serious issues for death knights" (paraphrase) I went to make a sammich. =P J/K, I'm sure the change to runes will make the rotation more fluid, and thus allow for better tuning.

I wonder, though, what they will be doing with the presences? It would feel pretty strange if they kept frost as the "tanking" presence when the frost tree will have become DPS centric, and the "DPS" presence linked to the tanking tree. With the changes to runes, I wonder what that will do for unholy? I suspect majors changes for all three presences.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodasafa View Post
    I do not recognize this bloodlust you speak of.....

I get the same thing when I hear "Heroism"

Heroism for the WIN!

i honestly just think Heroism/Bloodlust should be an ability that the raid leader can activate

Then what would I laugh at when our shaman accidentally casts it when we do the ready check?
    Now with prehensile ears!!

I seriously hope that life grip makes it through beta!! I've started to lvl the priest that I abandoned back in BC for that sole reason. Hooray for mage lust but in all honesty I want to know more how the fireball spell will work & if its will be exclusive to fire mages only. More info on the arc mastery as well since it seems most people are coming to the conclusion that mana adept is a nerf to the spec.

I'm surprised you didn't mention anything about mastery's especially vengeance for warriors and feral druids and I'm sure prot palas will also have

From a shaman's standpoint I'm very excited for all of cata's changes, It was kind of weird being to blame if we didn't use bloodlust during a fight where we easily didn't need it. Also, I'm usually healing, half the time I don't even notice the perfect time to use it and if no one calls it out, someone still feels the need to go "where was the bloodlust!?". A mage doing it is perfect, they know when the right time to dps will come, they'll know when to do it. Get these annoying rogues and locks off my back, dps chart spamming noobs.

Rawrcast episode

Is the interview up on the rawrcast site? I browsed arround but I couldn't find it (and to be honest i find the site confusing). If it is up, you guys have a link to it?

Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by Spiritus View Post
    As soon as I heard "causes serious issues for death knights" (paraphrase) I went to make a sammich. =P J/K, I'm sure the change to runes will make the rotation more fluid, and thus allow for better tuning.

I wonder, though, what they will be doing with the presences? It would feel pretty strange if they kept frost as the "tanking" presence when the frost tree will have become DPS centric, and the "DPS" presence linked to the tanking tree. With the changes to runes, I wonder what that will do for unholy? I suspect majors changes for all three presences.
    I think someone else asked the very same question on the presences and the answer was that Blizz found it weird too and they were gonna take a look at it and maybe revamp all the presences. While I'm on the topic of DK's, I think they also mentioned that Frost 2H-spec will return which is something I like since that was the reason I started my DK.

Also, on thing I'd like to mention that Lore touched on briefly regarding the new runic system: "Not so penalized" is the key sentence here. When a rogue saves up energy instead of using all of it as soon as he can, they don't get any real punishment for doing it unless they hit 100. Same goes for warriors with rage and DK's with runic power. So you shouldn't feel penalized if you don't use your runes as soon as they pop up, you have some extra time which actually slows the spec down which I think overall will give a much better experience.

I seriously would love to see a Weekly Marmot solely on the new Vengeance mechanic. I know we don't know a lot about the power increase and the duration and number of stacks, but we could stand to see a solid discussion about the ramifications of this mechanic on multitank encounters of all types. The offtank, second or third tank in any encounter is going to be at a significant disadvantage in most encounters if this goes in as stated.

+ Reply to Thread