+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Weapons as a Dwarf Paladin

Weapons as a Dwarf Paladin

I play a prot paladin, female dwarf, and I've been gearing her up. I recently came into possession of two really good weapons from TOGC10.

Crusader's Glory and Honor of the Fallen

Clearly the difference between these is the armor and the avoidance, but I have the interesting feature of being a dwarf and getting 5 expertise from Honor of the Fallen.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...don&cn=Ruchlos is my armory.

The amount of physical reduction I get is about .4%, while the avoidance I gain is about .5%.
    I also have a lot of expertise, and it would go from 37 to 34 with an upgrade and this mace, or 29 without the mace.

I guess what I'm asking is; is the threat/avoidance at the cost of the armor enough to push the mace over the edge of being a sidegrade to an upgrade?

http://www.wowhead.com/item=47967 has armor and the same stamina values. I'd go with that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

Use them both! I would enchant the mace with Mongoose and use it for threat (at least, a reasonable amount of threat - use it on fights where threat is an issue but giving up the survival stats for a slow DPS weapon is inappropriate), and then use the sword with Blood Draining for max EH/survival.

So basically, mace for when you can't get reliable Tricks/MD, and sword when you can.

edit: Okay, just looked at your armory and I'm going to point out some things you should change.

- Because of the way our Judgements work (giving the enchant a higher uptime than for a Warrior), and because we get more dodge from Agility than Warriors do, Paladins should always use Mongoose over Blade Ward.

- Your spec needs Vindication, that 574 AP debuff adds up to a lot of physical damage reduction. It's about as strong as a fully buffed Demo Shout/Roar from a Bear or Warr (I think it's 1 AP less) and has a damn near 100% uptime. I'd also take some points out of Conviction for Crusade - 1% damage is stronger than 1% crit in general, but because almost everything in ToC/ToGC and ICC meets the criteria for the full effect, Crusade is more like 2% damage per point.

- Aside from the enchants on your weapon and shield (+18 stam all the way), gear looks good. I think that at your gear level the Armsman enchant is largely unnecessary, but that's optional (I'm a +240 armor man myself). I'm jealous of your weapon choices, I'm using Bonebreaker Scepter (N). WTB a gem slot!
    Last edited by Harmacy; 04-10-2010 at 02:10 PM.

Thanks for the advice. Almost all of that stuff is due to me not playing this paladin for over a year, and that shield enchant was put on when I needed the defense. Mongoose vs. Blade Ward for me was the ease of the mats, as well as armsman vs. 240 armor (although I should've got 18 stamina as it's cheaper than armsman and slightly better). But it's all nice to have it made clear for when I decide to get off my butt and just get it changed.

+ Reply to Thread