+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Professor Putricide Problem

Professor Putricide Problem

Guys I have a problem with Professor Putricide. When i start DPS'ing theres no problem tho at the oozes my dps gets rly low and i cant get it up because I can't make enough combo points on the target so could you pls give me some advise about how i should get my DPS up.
    Usually i do like 6k DPS and on putri i only do 3k Max..

Last edited by Rogueworst; 04-11-2010 at 12:03 PM.

I know when we did putricide we had a handful of ppl stay on putri for that exact reason, they couldn't get their dmg up high enough on the oozes to make a huge difference so it was more economical for them to stay on the boss. Of course this depends on your class and rotation i have no idea what spec you are as a rogue, or even if you're a feral druid so i can't troubleshoot that.

Primarily make sure you're not getting hit in the face with malleables and you're not walking through the choking gas bombs, those WILL KILL YOUR DPS. If you're doing good with that, bring your problem to your RL or DPS officer and ask them for advice as well as asking if it might just be better for you to stay on putri constantly.

If you do end up focusing on putricide 100% of the time be sure to watch your DPS! you'll have a very angry raid if you stop paying attention and phase him too soon. Also, as a tank i drop the choking gas bombs between kiting movements so melee doesn't have to worry about them. But if you're on putri all the time you'll have to keep an eye on DBM and stand in front of putri for a few seconds until he drops choking gas bomb and tank pulls him clear of it.

Hope that helps! If you post an armory link and rotation myself or someone else may be able to troubleshoot it more for you
    Winter is coming

Even if it kills your DPS (worried about the meters much?) it's imperative to kill the oozes quickly. All ranged jumping on it immediately and all melee after it picks a target is ideal. Of course it will get easier once the carry buff gets higher.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

Rotation

Thx for the reply about the ideal thing on the oozes.. thats just my problem if i jump over my dps starts failing..

Euh and my rotation is 1x SS -> SnD -> 5x SS -> evisc. I usually start with TotT'ing the tank stealthing garrote the boss, SnD, BF, (trinket) and than I use KS I do not think something is wrong with that because like I said I have about 6k DPS on the trash + other bosses (had 6.8k on the deathbringer)

http://eu.wowarmory.com/character-sh...&cn=Rogueworst (BTW I AM aware of the fact that i dont have enchants yet )
    Last edited by Rogueworst; 04-12-2010 at 07:42 AM. Reason: Forgot armory :P

Roguey, I recommend getting over a drop in personal dps. When rogues switch targets, they lose personal dps. Period. When rogues don't switch targets to the right thing on many fights, the raid wipes. Which is worse? If you have some idiot giving you crap because your dps is lower than normal, simly educate them on the ramp up mechanics of a combo point/stacking poison class.

If you want to maximize your dps, which is a good goal, ensure you have a 5 stack SnD up before leaving to dps an add (so you have max melee haste and combo points on add go to damage rather than putting up SnD) and use sprint when you can.

If i get in the raid 2night ill try the 5 stacks SnD which might be usefull.. If not i guess ill just have stay on the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Rogueworst View Post
    If i get in the raid 2night ill try the 5 stacks SnD which might be usefull.. If not i guess ill just have stay on the boss.
    Moving kills DPS. Kill oozes. They are priority. Get over your meter envy.
    I'm an alt-oholic. I'm ok with that.
    http://warcraftid.com/card/170/n/73a...f/sholozar.jpg

+ Reply to Thread