+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Just dinged Level 60 and suddenly I'm not good enough.

Just dinged Level 60 and suddenly I'm not good enough.

Hey, I've just got my little tank to Level 60, through the Recruit-a-friend system, me and a friend have been leveling together. I've been leveling a Warrior, him a Mage, and things were going fine. I was chain-pulling entire instances with next to no problems, got told in a full-run of Blackrock Depths earlier I was "the best pre-80 tank to walk the planet"..

I hit 60, or to be more precise, 59 - and started tanking Hellfire Ramparts, and the damage has severally ramped up.. I can only handle small pulls before I get ripped apart, and meh, it's kinda abit heartbreaking and a bit, of a confidence knock when a Healer going full pelt trying to keep me alive, fails - 'coz I've not enough health, or enough mitigiation to handle the damage.

Armoury link coming up, anybody got any advice on how to gear up to Burning Crusade instances FAST. I'm crafting her the Fel Iron set, but I can't wear all that till Level 64, so it's like - UGH. Help?

http://armory.wow-europe.com/charact...ar&cn=Custodia

Sounds like a bad healer possibly, or the group of dps wasn't to good. Everything looks fine gear wise and spec wise. Just keep questing some and replacing all your gear with Outland gear. The transition is amazing on how the questing gear from Outland is so much of an improvement.

The Transition from Vanilla to Buring Crusade is huge gear wise! It is so large that many end game raiding guilds were very pissed that they were replacing all thier gear by 64 or 65ish. I had the same problem. Don't worry about it, just keep q'n and questing and your gear will come and everything will go back to nice smoth gravy. Don't worry about getting into Northren gear wise ... its a lot more forgiving.

Haha, yeah, it was just a massive shock! I've stopped my EXP and gone questing, I don't wanna out-level my friend, but he isn't playing at the moment, I'll have to improve some gear through questing before I go back in, queing up as DPS in the Dungeon Finder to try and "ninja" some tank loot, if the tank don't need it ofcourse. Haha.

When I leveled up my warrior tank, I too had a similar experience. I just fixed it by cruising through the HFP quests, which gave me more that sufficient enough gear to enter back into the dungeon queues w/o worry.

Agree with the others. There's some good gear to be had from just questing through Hellfire Peninsula - "Flintlocke's Piloting Pants" (http://www.wowhead.com/item=25979) or whatever from the goblins by Honor Hold, the shield from one of the beginner quests (Adamantine Kite Shield (http://www.wowhead.com/item=29919))... Just keep questing through HFP (you can even go into Zangamarsh if you get bored) and you'll find things should get better soon.

A little forewarning, you will have a similar (though probably not QUITE as jarring) experience when you move into the Northrend dungeons later on.

Anyway... the Fel Iron armor from a blacksmith (assuming you can get them for a reasonable price) is decent for low-60s tanking. http://www.wowhead.com/itemset=560

Hey! Just a quick update - I've done most of the quests in Hellfire Peninsula, got a few nice rewards, and managed to somehow get every single tank drop in Hellfire Ramparts, as a Tank! Yes!

My tanking has gone back to the way it used to be - I'm pulling entire rooms knowing that my Mage friend (and whoever else mass-AoE we have in the group) are going to rip them apart whilst I hold them there, and I'm hardly taking any damage. Just the way I like it.

And my Death Knight is a Blacksmith, so the Fel Iron Armor is no problem. ;D

I would also recommend having the Cobalt set ready for you when you hit lvl70.

The 70-71 is much more forgiving. I wouldn't be terribly worried. Just be prepared with your Northrend green stam gems, some crafted armor, and quest a bit and you'll be fine.

Those first outland/northrend instances can be horrid.

Don't worry about it, though. You'll catch up fast enough, and then you'll be sailing in clear waters again (Untill you hit UK with those damn bombs.)
    Consider investing in some early BC crafted gear or drops, even the greenies have sick amounts of stamina.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kahmal
    ...there is no true progression for a casual anymore, just hand outs.

Quote Originally Posted by Martie View Post
    Those first outland/northrend instances can be horrid.

Don't worry about it, though. You'll catch up fast enough, and then you'll be sailing in clear waters again (Untill you hit UK with those damn bombs.)
    Consider investing in some early BC crafted gear or drops, even the greenies have sick amounts of stamina.
    Funnily enough they can be completely avoided by just taking a small step left or right :-) Even stranger is that this is a good idea for the melee dps as well as the tank...

+ Reply to Thread