+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Down and Dirty: Gear Your Fury In LFD

I understand where you are coming from but, the title says LFD and Stonekeepers shards are not something that is actively available to every side and every server the blue BoE from gundrak is a toss up on one hand i used it till ulduar where i swapped it for a fuming anger but, on the other hand drops don't always drop so maybe i will put a BoE blue AH watch section for players to watch for some decent items that can ALSO drop.

Just wanted to say thanks for posting this. It has been extremely helpful in working on my new fury. On my past toons and new specs I've spent quite a bit of time with rawr/wowhead developing a similar list and this one saved me a great deal of work.

Amazing, easy to read compilation for the lazy, thanks for making this.
    "Yes." - Captain Obvious

I commented on the Tank "guide" as well, but including Instance, Boss locations as well as Emblem costs are also essential to your guide being truly useful. Having clickable item links is good, but forcing people to leave your guide to look where something can be found is not ideal.

Also as I stated in your tank guide, look really hard at including BoE drop items. There are many BoE's that can be purchasable from all tiers of raiding that can be helpful in filling in gaps in stats such as hit. Including some of the easier to be had PvP items can also bridge caps for people who may have a surplus of Honor or WG/SKSs as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Tinytankz View Post
    I understand where you are coming from but, the title says LFD and Stonekeepers shards are not something that is actively available to every side and every server the blue BoE from gundrak is a toss up on one hand i used it till ulduar where i swapped it for a fuming anger but, on the other hand drops don't always drop so maybe i will put a BoE blue AH watch section for players to watch for some decent items that can ALSO drop.
    I would say that while SKS may favor one faction or another on some servers, they are still fairly easily available through the weekly quest as well as taking advantage of when they are there. Skipping out on these just because they may not be evenly available for each faction on a given server is not a good enough reason to not include them in a guide built for both factions (even if you use the horde names for everything.) Which brings me to another nitpick... Including both side's equivalent items in a guide such as this makes it infinitely more valuable to everyone.

I realize that your guide is meant for the Dungeon Finder system, but including things such as "Tip: If your weekly raid is Flame Leviathan Must Die!, make sure you get into a group, it is not gear dependent at this point and the Pyrite Infuser is an extremely good trinket." The same could be said for many of the weekly raid quests that most people pug with low requirements. Anub'rak for example is something that is so easy, people are just looking for bodies that can do 2k dps minimum, which anyone can do at this point. Including items off the weekly raid bosses as "Tips" may also be extremely helpful for both guides.
    Last edited by Jericho; 04-20-2010 at 05:46 PM.

I apologize greatly for not including Alliance items as well i had completely forgotten about factions having different tier gear. The AH watch list that i am working on will include BoE blues and such from trash drops off heroics as well as Epics that drop from instances. The Stonekeeper shards i will do as well but for the life of me i don't understand why. As for raiding tips i would sincerly beleive these are better left to a Now What? sort of guide that i may write/link as i plan on doing more of these once the format is settled out and the listing tuned. I wrote these guides mainly from my view point of fresh 80 lets put me into Toc25 ASAP so i think it may help to have the AH watch and the SKS items. I have Homework and somehow acquired a guild last night so it may take a few days so bare with me.

It would be nice to see AuctionHouse Watch list in this guide also.

PS. Thank you for your great work mate.

Sorry between finals at school and work i just haven't had time to put the updates into this one, i am working on it now though as i am finally putting my dps set together since my PvP one is done.

+ Reply to Thread