+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Down and Dirty: Gear Your Fury In LFD

Down and Dirty: Gear Your Fury In LFD

LFD Fury Gear Guide
    To start the guide aims to gear any fresh fury warrior or any tank who wants to get a set for a loldps funnight. It isnt meant for highend raiders. It lists all items from Triumph vendors down (it should have them all let me know if i missed one), Heroic and non heroics of epic Quality and Crafted items of Epic quality. Feel Free to post quick questions i watch this thread and will reply promptly. If you have big questions or lots of questions please post them all in the HALP! section.
    I will be using my own guide when i hit 80(long story of why this is necessary) and will post my results with the gear sets i acquire as i don't know what combo of gear will work best as ilevel isn't always an indicator of what is best.

Weapons
    Vendor

GreatSword of the Sin'dorei

Drop:

Tyrannical Beheader

Edge of Ruin

Garfrost's Two-Ton Hammer

Mourning Malice

Colossal Skull-Clad Cleaver

Crafted:

TitanSteel Destroyer

Quest:

Quel'Delar, Ferocity of the Scorned

Quel'Delar Might of the Faithful

BreakDown:
    While your best bets are 2 tyrannical beheaders gemmed ArP if you can get the Battered hilt (or if one drops) it is semi worth it to grab either of the two (they both equal out in dps dont wanna run through the math)
    i recommend getting a titansteel destroyer ASAP and work into H:ToC and gear into H:PoS and grab those axes.
    Head:
    Vendor:

Faceplate of Thunderous Rampage

Hellscreams's Helmet of Conquest

Drop:

Skeleton Lord's Cranium

Helm of the Violent Fray

Crafted:

Spiked Titanstell Helm

Breakdown: Remember how i said there were some no exception slots? Tis one of them here. the 245 triumph vendor helm is hands down the best. Any of the helms is nice to start but the BoE crafted can be bought which will put you in PoS to farm the 219 after that you can buy vendor helm for 75 triumph so farm farm farm.
    Neck:
    Vendor:

Spiked Battlegaurd Choker

Broach of the Wailing Night

Drop:

Painfully Sharp Choker

Barbed Ymirheim Choker

Ancient Pendant of Arathor

Crafted:

Titanium Impact Choker

Breakdown: Vendor wins unfortunately, however the drop is still very good and i recommend if you are in a pinch for emblems grab the drop or the Crafted(just get the crafted to start remeber heroic que's want some 200 gear before you go in)
    Shoulders:
    Vendor:

Shoulderplates of Trembeling Rage

Hellscreams's Shuolderplates of Conquest

Drops:

Pualdrons of the Souleater

Majestic Silversmith Shuolderplates

No crafted

Breakdown: the vendor ilevel 245 shoulders win hands down but, if you want your tier 9 4 piece grab the 232 vendors shoulders it is hit or miss your dps will scale fairly well with tier 9 4 piece (meh 2 peice is nicer IMO) but the 245 are BiS pre-raid and if you plan on going striaght to raids with this spec the shuolders you may lose a piece of the tier 9 breaking the set bonus and wasting your emblems
    Backs:
    Vendor:

HammerHead Sharkskin Cloak

Drops:

Tapestry of the Frozen Throne

Drape of the Undefeated

Accursed Crawling Cape

Crafted:

Ice Striker's Cloak

Breakdown: The one from normal HoR is best but the crafted is probably what you will have to buy just to be able to que for it. farm faster
    Chest:
    Vendor:

Hellscream's Battleplate of Conquest

Drop:

FrostWyrm Ribcage

Lost reliquary Chestgaurd

Breastplate of the Imperial Joust

Crafted:

Titanium Razorplate

Breakdown: The crafted is hands down the best. The best drop competes with the best vendor (your tier 9) go for the vendor but, if the drop happens to drop get it. The Crafted can be expensive or not that bad just look at mats prices and weigh it out the 232 isn't that much worse than the 245.
    Wrist:
    Vendor:

Wristbands of the Sentinel Huntress

Drops:

Malykriss Vambraces

Vambraces of Unholy Command

Bands of the Stoneforge

Crafted:

Titanium Spikegaurds

Breakdown:
    The crafted bracers are the best. hands down and it sucks (or rocks it is a matter of opinion) luckily the price has come way down. Till then there are several nice drops from heroics that actually scale up should they drop for you.
    Hands:
    Vendor:

Hellscream's Gauntlets of Conquest

Drops:

Weeping Gauntlets

Plated Grips of Korth'azz

Gauntlets of the Stouthearted Crusader

Gauntlets of Dragon Wrath

No Crafted.

Breakdown:
    Vendor meets and exceeds drop so if you have some drop for you nifty if not 30 emblems and tier 9 welfare is all yours.
    Belt:
    Vendor:

Belt of The Singing Blade

Drop:

Bent Gold Belt

Girdle of Arrogant Downfall

Flame-Bathed Steel Girdle

Crafted:

Belt of the Titans

Breakdown:

Crafted is tied with emblem gear. The drops are nice so don't pass them up as you go but, farm emblems or gold and pick a piece to buy. The Crafted Belt has slots which are designed around older gems so point for point after epic gems it is superior. The Vendor one is a Close 2nd though so get what you can.
    Legs:
    Vendor:

Hellscream's Legplates of Conquest

Drop:

Minister's Number One Legplates

Legplates of Relentless Onslaught

Staggering Legplates

Crafted:

Legplates of Painful Death

Breakdown:

So basically it goes crafted then tier then drops. The Crafted are ridiculous expensive though (16k on my server at the time of this writing) The tier gear is better than any drop but, Bronjahm's legs are a great drop so don't pass them up.
    Feet:
    Vendors:

Bladed Steelboots

Drop:

Grinning Skull Boots

Plated Greaves Of Providence

Crafted:

Hellfrozen Bonegrinders

Battlelord's Plate Boots

Spiked Titansteel Treads

Breakdown: The boots from BS are BiS (but are nearly 10k gold At the time of this writing). The next best is the drop and after that is the second crafted (which cost a mere 2k off AH or 1k-1.8k if you buy the mats yourself at the time of this writing). This slot has a good amount of options just grab the ilevel 200 crafted when you ding 80 to satisfy average ilevel req’s so you may begin Queing
    Rings:

Vendors:

Agility Kirin Tor Rings

Strength Kirin Tor Rings

Bloodshed Band

Dexterous Brightstone Ring

Drops:

Ring Of Carnelian and Bone

Uruka's Band of Zeal

Band of Stained Souls

Hemmoraging Circle

The Lady's Promise

Purloined Wedding Ring

Crafted:

Titanium Impact Band

Breakdown:
    Best Pre-raid is 2 Kirin-Tor rings in combo (the agility ilevel 251 and strength ilevel 251) but, if you have that much money i wuold reccomend the ICC crafted gear. The 2 Vendor Rings are an easy knockout pair but, as you farm grab some of the drops.
    Trinkets:
    Vendor:

Mark Of Supremacy

Mirror of Truth

Drop:

Banner of Victory

Needle-Encrusted Scorpion

Breakdown:
    The Drops are few which really puts you in a pinch, If after tons of farming you cant get any of those trinkets spend the emblems on whichever vendor helps you more( this choice relies heavily on the amount of hit you have)
    Ranged:
    Vendor:

Crimson Star

Lillehoff's Winged Blades

Drops:

Felglacier Bolter

Papa's Brand New Knife

Crypt Fiend Slayer

Rimebane Rifle

True-aim Long Rifle

Drake-Mounted Crossbow

Crafted:

Nesingwary 4000

Breakdown: The 245 Vendor one is BiS but, this isn't a huge stat dump so grab anything that drops. Preferably don't spend your emblems here till you have put something in every slot that needs them.

Final Thoughts:
    The guide should you follow it will have you ToC10 and VoA10 ready rather Quickly. If you Really just go above and beyond and no raid Gear to BiS on every List in theory you should be ready for ToC25, VoA25, and ICC10. When i say ready i don't mean you will succeed, no fail. Your success relies on you knowing how to play your class, which in this case is a Fury Warrior. If you need Help in that Regards I shall Refer you Here.

Best Of Luck
    Tinytankz

Last edited by Tinytankz; 04-21-2010 at 07:14 AM. Reason: colored text

not including lot of agi gear due to just having not lot of arp isn't a good idea. crit is still your friend, and agi pieces have gobs of it.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

True but for the simplicity of gearing from a LFD only i figured getting down to STR gear keeps things from getting overwhelming of course i may extend this on tuesday when the server goes down to have an ammendum for agility gear.

i made a bis fury set at one point with 0 raiding gear (only heroic 5 man and badge gear) but i forgot to save it >.>
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

My goal was a non frost badge, non Gimp ArP hard cap guide. At a certain point getting the gear to scrub in on raids>building ArP hard caps off dungeons only

Formatting is a pain, but it's critical to your guide being useful. Consider using headers and making your links the actual names of the items.

Quote Originally Posted by Destruyen View Post
    not including lot of agi gear due to just having not lot of arp isn't a good idea. crit is still your friend, and agi pieces have gobs of it.
    also keep in mind that if u are gearing up thru LFD u wont be able to need on leather gear due to the need/greed/DE restrictions. sure u can hope no1 else needs it, but we have all seen pallies and shamans need roll on NES ~_~
    http://www.zetbit.com/sig-1341818.jpg
    " 'Thin' is a relative term..."

Quote Originally Posted by veneretio View Post
    Formatting is a pain, but it's critical to your guide being useful. Consider using headers and making your links the actual names of the items.
    I was thinking the same thing... even quote boxes:

Quote Originally Posted by Weapons
    This is for weapons
    Would help a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Vindicatar View Post
    also keep in mind that if u are gearing up thru LFD u wont be able to need on leather gear due to the need/greed/DE restrictions. sure u can hope no1 else needs it, but we have all seen pallies and shamans need roll on NES ~_~
    didn't mean for leather/mail items...i meant for rings/necks/cloaks.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

Quote Originally Posted by Destruyen View Post
    didn't mean for leather/mail items...i meant for rings/necks/cloaks.
    fair enough then :P
    http://www.zetbit.com/sig-1341818.jpg
    " 'Thin' is a relative term..."

Ok so formatting with name links instead of url's gotcha any ideas on that. I know i can need on rings and necks that have agility, but can you do it on cloaks to? So far the feed back i am getting is:

Format better
    Include some Agility Gear in the ring neck and back slots

Can do. Expect changes monday or tuesday i have work and HW so my free time is all wow tonight.

yeh you can need on agi cloaks...the need before greed thing only applies to items outside your main armor type, thats how you can need roll and any rings/cloaks/trinkets/necks.
    -Jimmy

|Ex Tank|

TWITCH.TV STREAM

Updated
    be blunt the goal is a useable guide also someone woh knows how to link teh wowhead items by name rather than link shuold pm me and tell me how thanks in advance

manually linking is the only way:
    Code:
    [URL.="http://www.wowhead.com/?item=51218"]Sanctified Ymirjar Lord's Greathelm (T10.25)[./URL]
    removing the .'s in the above line give you
    Sanctified Ymirjar Lord's Greathelm (T10.25)

so URL="<wowheadlink>" inside of [] then name of item followed by a [/url]

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeyonoma View Post
    manually linking is the only way:
    kk ty very much kaz beginning reformat NOW

Just figured out highlighting anything that was already linked and typing in the name manually Acheives the same affect win

;] anytime, and thanks for putting up a guide!

READ THIS: Posting & Chat Rules
    Quote Originally Posted by Turelliax View Post
    I will never be a kaz.. no one can reach the utter awesomeness of you.
    http://i.imgur.com/3vbQi.gif

I feel this guide is as complete as i can make it as this time, i have included anything of value you can need on in LFD tool, all emblem turn-ins, (i feel i missed a few but 30 minutes on wow head didn't turn any up so tell me if i did) and all crafted Items that were plate or a back, cloak, ring, or neck. If i forgot something or need to add anything tell me. I left out frost for the point of you get so few non-raiding (2 a day) that including them would only complicate a guide that is in need of some fine tuning. Admittedly i don't know how to tune it anymore than i have now i would like to not use quote boxes as i think it looks clunky If anyone has any ideas on that please post them/pm me i will take them into account and see what i can do. Happy Dungeon Grinding Hope you don't have to farm to much

Tinytankz

Nice guide.

A few comments, in general getting to 26 expertise on Fury doesn't happen without some effort (unlike getting to 5% hit). So it'd be a good idea to point out slots where you can get some easy expertise (throwing and legs both have vendored options for example) that isn't too inferior to the BiS choice (like Mourning Malice vs. Tyrannical is a no no).

Also, I don't normally recommend this but there's a real dearth of quality back pieces to get pre-raid. And you're gonna stockpile a lot of Stone Keeper Shards running LFD, so you should consider:
    http://www.wowhead.com/item=51354 and http://www.wowhead.com/item=51356 . They are just so much higher ilvl that even with ap, stamina, res they're good pick ups.

Also, I'm pretty sure that http://www.wowhead.com/item=37647 beats a few of the epics on your list (that how bad the existing options for cloaks are).

I see what you are saying in terms of the wrathful but neither is well itemized for fury ( beyond the AP and Hit/crit it really breaks down into a level 78 cloak when you look at what you can actually use), that said i know on my server no alliance gets to stockpile Stonekeepers shards as horde has Winter grasp 95% of the time on Deathwing (there is some log place to check this control time but i forgot it). I dont want to put items that rent really viable to farm for in a guide about gearing fast. The cloak you linked does not fit in the scope of my guide on the grounds of epic quality. The whole goal is raid raidy for ToC10 and VoA10 and to a lesser extent their 25 man versions. No Pug elitist GS checking group (god i hate these guys i ask class and stats that's all i need) is taking anyone who has a blue piece in a slot. It is all about raid ready and you need a few slots with epics in them before it will even let you Que the back is easily one of the cheapest spots to pull this off in. I get that people didn't replace it till ulduar (was one of them) but, i wanted to keep the guide scoped in an focused on getting to at least a 219 in every slot. Also the malice is an excellent point in terms of ExP capping.

Also it is a what drops and what is BiS players will need to gem and enchant to their necessary numbers which is why there is a link to the fury warrior guide in the top header so that they can find those.

Well, if you're gearing out to look good, then the PvP cloak will do that.

The blue is hands down better than Ice Strikers or the Hammerhead Cloak though. It's a fine choice to use while you grind out a better option (and will cost you less gold and no badges compared to those two).

The PvP cloak is also better than those two as well as the ToC one. The +crit pvp cloak beats the HoR cloak too if you have a lot of hit already. I did ignore res/stamina/general poor itemization, to come to this conclusion.

The HoR cloak has the most str out of the listed cloaks with 68 str, the PvP cloaks have 181 AP. 68 * 1.2 (imp zerker) * 1.1 (kings) * 2 = 180 ap. In other words it's a wash. Then you either get more crit on the pvp cloak or a chunk of hit on the HoR cloak (HoR will end up with more itemization points overall).

So really, if you can't get the HoR cloak to drop, the PvP cloak is really a good option. I guess if your server doesn't cooperate stone keeper shard-wise then it might not be an option... but it certainly doesn't boil down to a lvl 78 cloak.

+ Reply to Thread