+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Paladin - Guarded by the Light

Paladin - Guarded by the Light

Hello,
    I am a new tankadin and I am wondering something about Divine Plea. Is the Guarded by the Light talent affected by hit rating. From what I understand with that talent, as long as you are hitting someone your Divine Plea will stay up, so if you don't have 8% yet will this be affected?
    Thanks for your time.
    Tandrik

I honestly don't know off the top of my head, but I have never "missed" refreshing DP due to missing a swing that I have ever noticed (and I often times bring it down to the wire).

That talent needs to be near the top of the Prot tree so Ret's can get it too, would be very beneficial to be honest.

I am pretty sure it is effected by hit rating assuming you miss, but it's pretty easy to get hit capped as a raiding tank when you get into Ulduar and higher gearing.

The measure of a life is the measure of love and respect. So hard to earn, so easily burned - Neil Peart

Once I am hit capped, I am sure it won't be as much of a problem, but right now, there are plenty of times, that I am close to going OOM in middle of fight when Divine Plea is on CD. That is what makes me wonder about hit, being that I don't have alot of it right now. I have more on DPS gear than I have on Tank set. Guess this just means that I should worry about it till I hit 80. Which is only 2 and half levels away!! WooHoo

Quote Originally Posted by Rennadrel View Post
    That talent needs to be near the top of the Prot tree so Ret's can get it too, would be very beneficial to be honest.
    Firstly, if ur OOMing as ret, ur doing it wrong.

As for DP dropping off while tanking... i dont see how that would happen. assuming a fast weapon (1.6speed) to miss EVERY auto attack for 15secs.. that just makes u very very unlucky. i use a bloodvenom blade(2.6speed) most of the time and never have DP fall off on boss fights. the only time it really drops is in between trash packs were u need to run a long distance. also keep in mind that 8% is for mobs 3 lvls higher than u. depending on the instance ur in and ur level, it could change.

u will also find while leveling in dungeons u come across A LOT of disc priests: they bubble u --> no healing on u for long periods --> no mana gained from SA --> OOM --> :'( /sad panda

in my experience, if DP has dropped off and is still on CD, stop using consecrate in ur rotation. u can tank fine w/o it in 5mans. SoComm = OP in 5mans btw, if u dont have it, i suggest u do pick it up. my GF pulls 2.5k on trash at lvl 75 AS A TANK with SoComm. SoComm can really shines in 5mans and can help conserve A LOT of mana.

Vin
    http://www.zetbit.com/sig-1341818.jpg
    " 'Thin' is a relative term..."

Blinded by the light, revved up like a deuce another roamer in the night.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

I'll echo Vind. I don't know how you could go out of mana as Ret, every time you judge you get mana back, plus Replenish, plus Judge of Wisdom if it is up. I've never had to even think about mana as Ret.

Prot however has been a long running concern, even using all my tools I have to be conscious of my mana in 5-mans, especially if I get a Disc priest who bubbles me a lot. =(

For the OP, I have paid attention to the refresh and I am 95% certain that it will be affected by hit. It only refreshes on auto-attack hits, and I am pretty sure I've seen when running into a new pull when that first swing is dodged/parried/misses the refresh does not go off. I could be wrong though, I am only going off of what I am pretty sure I saw.

Either way, I don't think it is any added cause to get more hit or expertise, just a nuisance if you are trying to refresh at the last second and that melee swing misses (been there in 5-mans).
    The (Old) Book on Death Knight Tanking
    The New Testament on Death Knight Tanking
    -----------------------------------------
    Quote Originally Posted by Horacio View Post
    Who f-ing divided by zero?!?

Lack a few mana-related buffs, or have a little luck with 2pcT10 procs (if you have that set bonus), and your mana drops like a brick.

Back on subject: a missed swing will not refresh Divine Plea. This is usually not an issue, since with an average tank weapon you'll swing 8-12 times in the duration of Divine Plea, and the chance of missing every single one is extremely low, even with zero hit rating. You may notice this if you run heroics and rely on hitting something at the lasst second to refresh DP. On the other hand, you're often aiming at critters to do this, and your chances of missing them are zero.

On a slight tangent, the DP refresh takes about a second to occur. A melee attack with less than 1s remaining on Divine Plea often fails to refresh it, allowing it to drop off. This makes for a lot of frustration in heroics, especially those like Violet Hold (eugh)

have they changed that resently from Being hit to hitting a target?

Divine Plea refresh has, to my knowledge, always been based on attacking a target - otherwise we would have zero mana regeneration while not tanking.
    Official Dragon Wiggler of the Ashen Rose Conspiracy
    Nerf Paladins

Quote Originally Posted by proudmoore View Post
    Divine Plea refresh has, to my knowledge, always been based on attacking a target - otherwise we would have zero mana regeneration while not tanking.
    I've noticed Divine Plea will be refreshed with Hammer of the Righteous as well. I've also noticed that on the frostwyrms before Sindragosa, when it flies up into the air, you can jump and judge at the same time and Divine Plea will refresh as well.

+ Reply to Thread