+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Button problem

Button problem

So, I have my warrior alt that I'm leveling on a 2nd account. I copied my WTF folder from my main account and just renamed the folders so they work for my 2nd account. (renamed the account and character folders). Then I loaded up all the profiles. On Account A (original account) everything works fine, no problems at all. On account B (2nd account), I log in and sometimes my buttons don't work. Now, let me explain that a bit

I use Dominoes and keybind almost all of my abilities. When I hit my keyboard button or click the button on screen, it lights up like it's being used, but isn't actually being used. At first I thought it was Dominoes, so got Bartenders, set it up and had the same problem. Also, I get horrible FPS (1-3) until I fight something, then I go up to my usual 50-80 FPS. And I just have to get into combat with anything, player, mob, critter, doesn't matter.

I don't really want to redo my entire UI by deleting my WTF folder, but I will if that's my only choice; but it's a last resort for me, as it'd take a few hours probably.

Quote Originally Posted by Imriela View Post

I don't really want to redo my entire UI by deleting my WTF folder, but I will if that's my only choice; but it's a last resort for me, as it'd take a few hours probably.
    Your particular problem eludes me, which is why this might be your best option.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

You should only copy your addon file over instead of the WTF. Most addons save your preferences in their respective files. I usually leave my wtf alone. If the profiles from your other account are not included, I would look for those files and only copy them over so that you can copy profiles.

Granted, I'm not an expert (by any means) on interface packages/addons.
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Imriela View Post
    sometimes my buttons don't work
    Very hard to troubleshoot something that isn't repeatable. If you can get the issue to occur predictably then its a bit easier to troubleshoot. Have you tried simply disabling Dominos/Bartender in the second account and verifying that the base UI action bars still function. It's possible the issue is not with those particular addons but rather something else.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by MellvarTank View Post
    You should only copy your addon file over instead of the WTF. Most addons save your preferences in their respective files. I usually leave my wtf alone. If the profiles from your other account are not included, I would look for those files and only copy them over so that you can copy profiles.

Granted, I'm not an expert (by any means) on interface packages/addons.
    Addons can only write data to the WTF folder. They can not write to the addons directory, only read from it. Otherwise you can have addons that can dynamically rewrite other addon code (i.e. a virus). Only defaults for variables are stored in the actual addon folder so that it can reset its stored values (and also initially define what gets stored). All data stored by addons however goes in the WTF folder.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

Ah.... Hooray I'm learning!
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

+ Reply to Thread