+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Mage...on the dummies I can only get 2500 dps

If you do say... 5 random heroic dungeons in an evening, you'll get 10 triumph emblems, plus one each for each boss, say, 4 per dungeon, another 20. That's 30 emblems, and likely one piece of upgraded Triumph gear.

If you do a lot of random dungeons, you'll end up with more triumph emblems than you know what to do with (save them, or buy gems and sell them if you are hard up for cash).

Never. Ever. Ever. Trade down frosts.

Is there anything I can buy that will be better and LAST? You mentioned a ring, well the jc's I look at don't seem to have anything better.

I tried to get into a group for Sunstriders gear...but was told my DPS was 3500 too low..basically laughed at me

The JC ring I mentioned is the Titanium Spellshock Ring (note that I meant better than the blue STR ring - it is only *slightly* better than your current caster ring). But really, even a cheap green with caster stats on it is an upgrade to hold you until you can get something good.

Some specific 5 man ring drops that would be of value :
    Band of Guile (hCoS, Mal'Ganis)
    The Prospector's Prize (hHoS, Crystallus) - Not very good, but better than nothing
    Spiteful Signet (regular FoS, Devourer of Souls) - More healer oriented, but not bad
    Sinner's Confession (hToC, Paletress)
    Signet of Purity (regular ToC, Eadric) Reasonably good, and can potentially be aquired while trying to earn an Abyssal Rune
    Annhylde's Ring (hUK, Ingvar)
    Ring of the Frenzied Wolvar (hUP, Gortok)
    Globule Signet (hVH, Ichoron)
    Solitaire of Reflecting Dreams (hVH, Moraag)

(I got bored waiting for certain people to log in....)

Quote Originally Posted by Kazeyonoma View Post
    DO NOT give up your frost emblems, no no no no no no, ideally you want to pick uip t10 pieces if you can, save your frost emblems for those, in the meantime (since you can only get so many of them, use your regular badges to buy t9). Oh god please don't convert your frost emblems into triumph ones... NO NO NO NO NO NO.
    on that note, i accidently downgraded 20 frosts to triumphs last night....... T_______T <3 love u GM Halsgarrde for restoring them
    http://www.zetbit.com/sig-1341818.jpg
    " 'Thin' is a relative term..."

Awesome Zyffer! (Excuse me if I missplled) Nice specifics I can focus on finding. There doesn't seem to be much I can buy so I just need to keep hitting random heroic?

I can post you my Mage's armory link, since you are arcane. I pull a sustained 7.5k dps over 3 minutes on the boss target dummy in IF, ungrouped and with only 46sp food & flask.

I'll post a video of the rotation I use, and you'll see in the video I have a bunch of stuff macro'd together to make my life easier while dpsing as arcane.

Here's my link: http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...onde&cn=Aliiza

Here's the video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PKFwUz1O8pQ

My gear is gemmed/chanted the best way I can currently according to Rawr

Cry Havoc! And let slip the Ghosts of War..

The talisman of resurgence (trinket from triumph vendor) is probably one of the biggest upgrades you can hope for, aside from spending triumph emblems on the triumph ring perhaps. I'd say unless you can find a ring drop you might as well get a badge one,
    otherwise the int trinket wasn't far from best in slot during ToC's prime.

Could it be that I'm not figuring out my DPS right? Can anyone tell me the best way to know what it is for sure?

Watch the video. When you are attacking the target dummy it will track your overall dps in recount as long as you have it set for the damage done meter. If you are only hitting 2.5k dps something is very very wrong.

I know!!!!!!! I just can't seem to figure out what. Several have stated I should get rid of stamina..but you seem to have quite a bit of it on your gear. I am considering changing to a one hand weapon and an off hand to get more dps, but why is your dps SOO SSOO much higher than mine?

I sent you a message btw.

My gear doesn't have stamina other than incidentals. I don't even look at stam on anything. Its all SP & Haste, with Crit as the 3rd most important. My dps is higher because I have 3k spellpower, 785 haste, and have everything gemmed & enchanted correctly, as well as knowing how to play the toon and what the rotation needs to be, what macros to use, etc. Your gear is just awful. Run lots of randoms & get your 4 set t9, run the 3 new heroics (HFoS, HPoS, HHoR) every day and get the gear you need.

Practice makes perfect.

If not, you can always roll a hunter or ret pally :P

Quote Originally Posted by Liltuscany View Post
    I know!!!!!!! I just can't seem to figure out what. Several have stated I should get rid of stamina..but you seem to have quite a bit of it on your gear. I am considering changing to a one hand weapon and an off hand to get more dps, but why is your dps SOO SSOO much higher than mine?

I sent you a message btw.
    Because you are comparing yourself to someone two and a half tiers higher than yourself... And that's partly their fault for saying "look at me, I do 7.5k DPS" and not putting it into perspective that when they were back at the point you are currently at they were probably only doing 4k, maybe less.

The reason you aren't able to do 7.5k DPS is because you're not supposed to be able to. You're not that far along yet.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by Liltuscany View Post
    Could it be that I'm not figuring out my DPS right? Can anyone tell me the best way to know what it is for sure?
    If you have never reset your recount and you were doing anything before the fight you might have a lot of carry over on the meters. If your recount is set to overall data, rather than last encounter you might be averaging a lot of dailies, farming, pvp, and bad tests into your dps. That will kill it. There's really a lot that could be going wrong, but once it's figured out you should be fine. For clarification, on a target dummy in less than naxx10 gear my mage had little to no trouble with pulling 3k alone. If something is wrong it's not your gear. We'll get it figured out though :P.

Just pulled your stats into RAWR, and with the stated rotation, self buffed only, it thinks your ideal single target DPS is a bit shy of 3900, not counting any use of burst cooldowns. With the use of such abilities around 4100 (both over the course of a 5 minute run).

Thanks Zyffyr, something to shoot for (literally) but I'm not able to get to 3k :/ It just has to be me.

When I'm in these dungeons, what am I 'needing' because everyone expects me to pass on everything because I have frost gear >

It is what it is brother. Pain in the ass grinding away, but if you work at it you can get all 4 pcs of your t9 set in a week, and then get someone to make you the chest & bracers.

I 'needed' and got kicked > What is my plan of attack to get a whole set of t9 in a week???

So before I start buying the wrong thing (again)..should I buy the BLOODMAGE stuff in cloth vendor / dala..but work toward the Sanctified Bloodmage stuff?

I broke 3000 LOL yay! Okay, it was like 3001 BUT STILL!

+ Reply to Thread