+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best non-raid fury gear? Offspec

Best non-raid fury gear? Offspec

Hello fellow tanks!

First let me say that this is a great site/forum which helped me a lot for gearing up! Especially this guide http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...t-Tanking-Gear was very usefull!

Now for my offspec I'm going fury, so now my question is: could anyone tell me what the best non-raiders gear is for fury or arms spec? Or is there a guide already? A short list would already be great!

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

Remco

I'll edit this response with gear I think you can get without raiding for fury. I need to review my own off spec set so this will be a useful exercise for me.

What gear do you have now?

Immediate 'get now' placeholders. Get these if you just dinged 80, and don't have piles of gold and emblems lying around waiting to be spent. At this stage, you should not be too proud to wear mail or leather. More armour is good for armoured to the teeth, but that's about it.

Head: Fang-Deflecting Faceguard Argent crusade revered.
    Neck: Broach of the Wailing Night 19 downtraded triumph emblems.
    Shoulders: Spaulders of the Giant Lords Sons of Hodir revered. Yes, that's a pain, but you should get exalted with them on your main. Alternative shoulders: Savage Saronite Pauldrons Crafted by blacksmith.
    Back: Cloak of Holy Extermination Argent crusade honoured.
    Chest: Not much available in the 'get now' pile. Breastplate of the Imperial Joust from ToC normal, or Breastplate of Undeath from Drak'Theron keep are probably the fastest, 'get now' type things.
    Wrist: Vengeance Bindings crafted by smithy.
    Hands: A surprising immediate stop gap is Handwraps of Preserved History which are a leather glove quest reward from the quest inside the culling of stratholme instance. Otherwise, go for Gauntlets of Dragon Wrath from Erogos in the Oculas heroic.
    Waist: Grab Strategist's Belt Utgarde Keep heroic first boss to start. Girdle of Arrogant Downfall from ToC normal.
    Legs: Mind-Expanding Leggings kirin tor revered is an option if you have the rep already, if not proceed straight to Legplates of Bloody Reprisal wyrmrest exalted legs. Keep an eye out for leather, mail and plate dps legs in heroics.
    Feet: Not much in snatchable reach. The Obliterator Greaves drop from Violet Hold Heroic off Zuramat. Death-Inured Sabatons are available if exalted with the ebon blade. There are a couple mail and plate dps boots in The Nexus Heroic.
    Finger: farm up Band of Frosted Thorns from the Nexus heroic boss Ormorok the Tree-Shaperand a Uruka's Band of Zeal from ToC normal.

Save up for gear. This gear you will need to spend time running random dungeons, or spending piles of gold on.

Head: Helm of Thunderous Rampage (75 triumph emblems)
    Shoulders: Pauldrons of Trembling Rage (45 triumph emblems)
    Back: Hammerhead Sharkskin Cloak 25 downtraded triumphs or Accursed Crawling Cape Devourer of souls end boss, FoS normal mode, or Tapestry of the Frozen Throne Lich King escape, HoR normal mode
    Chest: Wrynn's Battleplate of Conquest for 50 triumph emblems or crafted Titanium Razorplate
    Wrist: Crafted Titanium Spikeguards (preferred) or if you struggle with gold Wristbands of the Sentinel Huntress for 60 downtraded triumphs.
    Hands: Wrynn's Gauntlets of Conquest for 30 triumph emblems.
    Waist: Vengeful Noose for 60 Frost emblems. Expensive. Alternatively Belt of the Titans craft by a smith. Another option is Belt of the Singing Blade for 28 down traded triumph emblems.
    Legs: Wrynn's Legplates of Conquest for 50 triumph emblems, or Legplates of Painful Death crafted legs.
    Feet: Hellfrozen Bonegrinders crafted by a smith. If you can't afford that, Grinning Skull Boots the Lich King escape in HoR-Heroic
    Finger: Ashen Band of Endless Might is your eventual goal. Some like Ashen Band of Endless Vengeance. Until you can grind 20 hours of ICC trash, get Bloodshed Band and Dexterous Brightstone Ring for 35 triumphs each.

Trinkets tend to be highly situational, depending on whether you need hit, arp, crit, whatever. You should be farming Forge of Souls heroic every day for Needle-Encrusted Scorpion. Mirror of Truth for 40 downtraded triumphs is decent. Banner of Victory farmed from ToC normal mode.

Ranged: Just throw Crimson Arc Throwing Stars for 25 triumph emblems in there and be done with it.

Weapons: Get a couple of Saronite Mindcrushers crafted and pickup upgrades as you go. When you can, start farming Pit of Saron Heroic end boss for the Tyrannical Beheader.

Comments, advice and critisicm from elder fury warriors welcome.
    Last edited by Metasynaptic; 04-08-2010 at 06:56 PM.

i literally just posted a guide on this here is the link. NOTE: a poster has commented correctly that my lack of agility items is a small hindrance to the guide, but it should still be helpful.

http://www.tankspot.com/showthread.p...ur-Fury-In-LFD

Changing Meta's where I think there's something that's better, but agree in general.

Quote Originally Posted by Metasynaptic View Post
    Save up for gear. This gear you will need to spend time running random dungeons, or spending piles of gold on.

Shoulders: I disagree with Meta here. I think, with the limitation of just 245 or lower dungeon/crafted/emblem gear Wrynn's Shoulderplates of Conquest (45 triumph emblems) is better. You lose a little str/armor but trade hit for ArP (I just realized this, I’m going to go back and make the change for my off-spec). You’ll probably been well over 163 hit so you won’t need the 245 shoulders, the 232s will probably be better.

Finger: The Lady's Promise . Lady’s Promise from H HoR is probably going to be better itemized with the other gear choices than Bloodshed Band, giving you Expertise instead of hit, which you probably won’t need, but you could probably use a little more expertise.

You should be farming Forge of Souls heroic every day for Needle-Encrusted Scorpion. Banner of Victory farmed from ToC normal mode. Banner of Victory’s ArP will probably be more useful that Mirror of Truth’s Crit.

Only a couple of things my 2 would suggest differently.

Thanks for the help guys! Really appreciate it, very usefull!

Already got lucky and got the 2 ArP trinkets and the Axe from PoS heroic

Quote Originally Posted by Loganisis View Post
    Changing Meta's where I think there's something that's better, but agree in general.

Only a couple of things my 2 would suggest differently.

Overall, I consider this an endorsement. Cheers.

+ Reply to Thread