+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Protection Warrior: Trying to Boost Revenge Use

Protection Warrior: Trying to Boost Revenge Use

I've been looking at parses on World of Logs me compared to other tanks on my server US-Boulderfist and I'm noticing a huge difference in use of revenge where its been used a lot more then I'm currently. Here's is a link http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...ses&boss=36627 and when you get there click damage by spell this is what I'm referring to.
    And this is the tank that I'm comparing to most geared tank that I'm aware of on my server http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=5429&e=5667 .
    So here is my question(s) and perhaps its easier seen this way
    #1. Should I start binding revenge to H-Strike.
    #2. I have a Razer Naga and the 3 buttons I normally run my fingers across are 1-3 which are 1# devastate 2# Shield Slam 3# Revenge the other buttons are buttons that are tossed into the normal rotation but arn't the meat and potatoes of it i.e., thunderclap which is 4 and concussive blow f1 and shockwave f2. Should I just suck it up and Press Revenge more when its off CD?
    #3. Last Resort my spec ( I don't this is the case because of the number of Revenge's being applied to bosses)

Thanks for reading and any advice is welcome.

I would go for #2. Just do it.
    RNGesus - Saving you unreliably since BC.
    http://i689.photobucket.com/albums/v...ellvarsig3.jpg

I have a naga but I use it for the secondary and utility abilities. All 3 of my charging-type macros, my throws, cleave, shoot and the rocket pack for gunship. The main abilities are on my number row at the top:

~ bloodrage shift ~commanding shout ctrl~ battle shout
    1 taunt
    2 devastate
    3 SS
    4 revenge
    5 HS
    6 shield block
    R shockwave, shiftR conc blow
    T Tclap shift T challenging shout
    Y demo shout
    F zerker rage shift F intimidating shout
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

You have a global cooldown of 1.5 seconds which matters when we're talking threat or dps so stop spamming everything and press the ability that has priority while spamming HS/Cleave if your a tank.

In response to dreador that's interesting I use my Razer Naga for my main abilities well honestly all of them for the most part. I was thinking I was just not getting to revenge quick enough or something but perhaps the other comment below would indicate that I'm pressing to many buttons and need to slow down here's my configuration on my Razer Naga to compare. I do this to keep myself mobile but I guess I'll have to just watch my GCD better I use quartz and bartender that should help with that.

1. Devastate
    2. Shield Slam
    3. Revenge
    4. Thunderclap
    5. Blood Rage
    6. Taunt (So I don't Mistakenly hit it )
    7. Shield Block
    8. Commanding Shout
    9. Demoralizing Shout
    0 or 10. Disarm
    - or 11. Shield Bash
    = or 12. Spell Reflect
    Mouse Wheel UP: Cleave
    Mouse Wheel DOWN:Heroic Strike
    Shift+Mouse Wheel up: Zoom in
    Shift+Mouse Wheel down:Zoom out

G15 Keyboard
    F1; Concussive Blow