+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Purified Lunar Dust for Holy Paladin?

Purified Lunar Dust for Holy Paladin?

http://chardev.org/?profile=391972 (my Holy gear - offspec of an alt, so it's pretty hit-or-miss - gonna farm a new shield when I get a chance, and gonna trade in my tank rep ring for the healing one, to replace my stupid spirit ring)

Right now I'm using Talisman + Tears, a combo that has served me well over time, but I'm up to 35k with Kings and not sure that I need this much. Last week I healed ICC 10, and even spamming HL on Festergut 3 stacks I never had mana issues. On the other hand, I was having major problems keeping people alive on Putricide - partially due to low spellpower (2750 with Kings, also have my 331 SP to FoL libram for fights like that) and partially due to never having healed it on a Pally before (and partially due to it being a pug, and thus baddies were standing in the OOH SHINY GREEN STUFF). It's fun on my Disc Priest, but man hop on my Pally or Shammy and goddamn is that fight a pain.

So basically, should I grab PLD to replace Tears (most of the time - if I'm missing some mana-related buffs, especially Replenishment, it might not be such a good idea)? Or would the cloak be a more crucial upgrade? I don't like the Frost cloak too much, no haste makes me sad, but it's still a big upgrade.

I refuse to waste the badges on a new libram when my ilvl 200 ones serve me just as well if not better, and none of the plate seems to be much of an upgrade - I can see where the 2-piece T10 would be very useful, but I think it can wait.

So... any thoughts? Thanks in advance

PLD is fairly lacklustre unless you are a FoL specced paladin. 35k mana is pretty low for ICC, you say you had no mana issues on Festergut but without seeing logs you very well may have done the least healing. Paladins are all about regen, and haste these days. The reason for your troubles on Professor isn't low SP, it's low haste. You want a *minimum* 670 so you can soft-cap FoL. Personally I run with close to 1000 haste, I even eat haste food. More haste means faster casts, means you can react better, means you won't be overhealing as much, means people will stay alive.

Quote Originally Posted by vine View Post
    PLD is fairly lacklustre unless you are a FoL specced paladin. 35k mana is pretty low for ICC, you say you had no mana issues on Festergut but without seeing logs you very well may have done the least healing. Paladins are all about regen, and haste these days. The reason for your troubles on Professor isn't low SP, it's low haste. You want a *minimum* 670 so you can soft-cap FoL. Personally I run with close to 1000 haste, I even eat haste food. More haste means faster casts, means you can react better, means you won't be overhealing as much, means people will stay alive.
    Um, so in other words I'm a bad healer because I didn't go OOM?

Yeah...

Read it again, slowly, without getting so defensive. If you aren't prepared for feedback don't ask for it.

Your advice about haste was very useful. Your tone was not.

So thanks, I guess. You know your stuff, just try not to be insulting about it.

I wasn't being insulting, you just read something into my comment that was not there. I said it's possible you MAY have had the lowest healing -- conjecture. I was making up a scenario that would seem probable given the information you provided. It wasn't my intention to irk you, for that I apologise.

+ Reply to Thread