+ Reply to Thread

Thread: unit frames

unit frames

I wanted to install Pitbull or another type of unit frames, and with some, it takes a lot of configuration. I tried to D/L a UI Pack and just copy setting for just pitbull and it wouldnt work and I am not sure why. So any help on being able to get it to copy settings from someones UI would be great. (without taking away from respective owners of course)

Did you copy their saved variables file for that addon into your own WoW folder?

Pitbull uses Ace3 profiles. Even if you copy the saved variables from someone else, you have to actually copy the profile to your character as well.
    "In anything, if you want to go from just a beginner to a pro, you need a montage." /w TankSpot WTB Montage for Raiders.

Quote Originally Posted by bling581 View Post
    Did you copy their saved variables file for that addon into your own WoW folder?
    Yes, I copied all the saved variables, but it was for pitbull so i think Quinafoi's reasoning is why it didnt work.

Quote Originally Posted by Quinafoi View Post
    Pitbull uses Ace3 profiles. Even if you copy the saved variables from someone else, you have to actually copy the profile to your character as well.
    How do I copy the whole profile? I did the saved variables, but I do not know about the profile?

you need to do

/pitbull

profiles

load their profile.

The profiles were not there. I do not know what I was missing. Where would it be located at in the WoW folders? I was using CoehlsUI and was trying to get his setting for pitbull there. When I loaded his whole UI, interface, wtf folder, and all that, it worked and was there. When I just moved Pitbull and the saved variables for that, it was not. Did I miss a file?

+ Reply to Thread