+ Reply to Thread

Thread: a few questions

a few questions

ive got the def cap down, with out trying im at 552.
    what i would like to ask is whats acceptable base avoidances for a pally tank?
    currently im at 28% dodge 20 % parry and 15% block but with my libram and talents and spells my dodge goes to 30% and my block shoots up to 75% with redoubt 44% with just holy shield up.

and im having trouble keeping aggro off 6k+ dps in raids im wondering if its in my rotation because i believe my gear is fine but i could be wrong.

http://www.wowarmory.com/character-s...n=Snack+Attack
    is nmy gear i'm changing some enchants that ive read about on here

please, any advice is welcome if you can!
    Last edited by Doubletr3s; 04-06-2010 at 11:00 AM.

Post a link to your armory (if you're currently saved in other gear, link to your Wow-Heroes page so we can see the tank gear you were previously saved in), and tell us what kind of content you're doing.

Since you're still worried about defense, I assume you're a relatively fresh 80, in which case avoidance is still something to keep in mind. Your current levels of avoidance are pretty high (higher than my Paladin), so I wouldn't worry about it anymore and you could certainly trade out some avoidance for more EH (stam or armor). Block is nice for tanking adds or heroics, but except for a few gimmick fights, is nothing a raider should be concerned with. For a raiding tank, block rating is useless and block value is a pure threat stat (a pretty nice one though).

Again, an armory link would help us with determining the root of your aggro problems. Are you using the cookie cutter 53/18 Crusade spec? Are you using the Seal of Vengeance glyph?

28/20 is more than fine. Worry more about stamina and armor than avoidance, especially if you are talking about tanking in Icecrown.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tengenstein View Post
    just don't let them melee you up the bum.

I edited in a link to my gear, as you can see im 59-12
    i dont really remember my glyphs haha ive pretty much gotten everything outside of a raid
    im using the seal of vengance glyph now
    and im not worries no much about defense because i have a feeling it'll come with the gear upgrades since i only have one enchant that helps def rating
    Last edited by Doubletr3s; 04-06-2010 at 11:37 AM.

i switched tot he 96969 rotation and while my single target threat is insane now my aoe is lacking, is 96969 only for raid/bosses? or should i be in the crusader spec to get the extra aoe threat

+ Reply to Thread